Posts by Wrist-Fi

Quote: Originally Posted by seekadds thanks, i'll try that. but honestly, even if it fixes it, i will probably still continue to use mp3 -> ogg vorbis. it's a very minor issue; i'd rather save the time (from re-ripping) and space (with ogg vorbis) than have the ultimate sound quality from my clip+. it's really only my ultra-portable compromise rig, anyway. i use a different setup for higher-quality portability. and like i said, i'm happy overall with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Young Spade Yea waiting to fill the card always sucks :/ In a couple of years when USB 3.0 is the norm we'll get faster transfer speeds While it's true that usb2 isn't the bottleneck when it comes to filling up cards (the speed of the cards memory is), I definitely look forward to usb3 being more commonplace myself, especially when it comes to external 2.5 drives -- real word transfers are about 2.5 times as fast,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ilney uhm... never. They don't even have a distributor in France, their home country. Looks like my wallet got it's wish, then...for now.
Even though the cost to ship this is almost as much as I paid for my main earphones (CX400s), the $40 shipping to the US isn't exactly the deal-breaker in the equation...the total price of $421 is. It will likely be months and maybe even years before I'd consider investing that much in a pair of IEMs. Being relatively new to the hobby, I think I'll enjoy spending some time testing out the many good offerings that appear to be out there that can be had for $160 or...
Quote: Originally Posted by usf09 Ah thanks, yeah $60 is reasonable as long as it works well. Kind of sucks to double the cost of the Clip+, so might have to go with 8GB and cut some stuff...but we shall see..thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated NP. Great to have the extra space if you can afford it, seeing so much music there using folder-browsing with rockbox has definitely been worth it to me. Quote: It's a music...
Quote: Originally Posted by seekadds i recently purchased a clip+ as well, and overall i'm happy with it. but i noticed a similar phenomenon. slight pops at certain drum sequences. it only happens in a few songs though. i'm using mediamonkey to auto-convert my ~256kbps VBR mp3's from my library to ~160kbps OGG vorbis for the clip+ uSD card, so i can fit more songs since i only have a 4GB expansion card. i thought it was the file format that caused the...
Quote: Originally Posted by usf09 A little off topic, but which micro SD card do you all use with this? There are some SanDisk 16GB cards for $35, but reviews have said it has a high fail rate, and one customer said it might even be fake, so I'm trying to find a good 16GB card at a reasonable price...thanks! 59.99 shipped may not qualify as reasonable to you, but if you don't want to wait, this Class 6 card is a solid choice: Newegg.com - A-DATA...
Quote: Originally Posted by midoo1990 Ok thanks for the help.But I can't take the harddrive out because I don't have another dektop computer at home,I have a laptop and two other laptops that belong to my sisters.I will try to take everything out of the hard desk when I go to my friend. Just a question how will he be able to reinstall the windows again when the computer is not showing except black screen? You don't have a DVD drive in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by midoo1990 As I said in the other thread,my computer is dead now and when I tried running it again but all I see is a blank black page.I can't do anything or even go to safe mode to get some imporant data and put it on my portable harddisk. I only use it for surfing headfi and my emails and all my other work on my laptop. My antivirus expired 4 days ago before I got hit. I can't see another site I got this virus from because...
SERIOUS: Has Anyone Else Gotten A Virus From This Site - Page 3 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio Problem is discussed at the link above, which was posted in the wrong forum, the IEM subsection. That thread has been moved and is now closed and this thread is where the problem can be discussed. Summary of the above thread: multiple users have been having noticing problems with their computers by visiting this site. Those who had...