Posts by Wrist-Fi

Today alone this thread has something like a thousand views, so maybe he is just being a shrewd businessman, maximizing the visibility he's got right now.    Of course an equally shrewd thing to say when he does show up is it was left to the last minute "because of how difficult the choice was," which actually is at least partially true, as there definitely are some good replies here.   In hindsight, I just wish I had another crack at my own.  Writing it after 2AM...
      Raiko hasn't posted back what he decided to do yet, so clearly he is still mulling it over.    Maybe 5 years will go by and we'll never know.      OT, but one of the best threads I can remember seeing about whether or not a guy would post back or not was over @ fark.com.  It referred to this video:  http://sn.im/trainmiss and a user named Snot Monster from Outer Space who posted on the thread before he got a chance to watch all 48 seconds of the thing.   You...
My personal audio renaissance began back in 1999 with a Diamond Rio 500 mp3 player along with a pair of KSC-35s not that long after.  What an enjoyable leap up from the yellow brick Sony Sports Walkman I'd been lugging around with me during weekly 40+ miles road running I did back in the day.  Even though I have upgraded my DAPs in the past decade, it wasn't until I tried a pair of CX-300s about 2 or 3 years ago -- and importantly learned to fit them correctly over the...
  Yeah, Sansa's original firmware for playing flacs is pretty lame for the clip+....maybe 8-9 hours tops, I only got about 7 hours before the battery got quite low.  Luckily rockbox is a lot better.  I've never timed it exactly but I fall asleep with flacs playing and wake up as many as nine hours later and the gage still reads over a third left.  14-16 hours has been reported for RB mp3 playback, and it wouldn't surprise me if flac playback was the same.   The latest...
  I'm in the middle of a project myself and I spoke to one of the guys over at redco on Friday afternoon inquiring about the very same plug...they are out of stock at the moment.  No definitive answer as to when they get back in, he said when an item reads "backorder" it could be days, a week or a month+.  I don't like the chrome one quite as much, but they do have stock of the plug without the black paint: http://sn.im/chromecon  & it is a few dollars...
  The housings look different to me.
    The M1s announced this morning have a different housing and stats than the R02s, and are $15 dollars (minus m2 review credit) cheaper than the M2s.       I still like the look & profile of the M2's aluminum housing more, but if they really are the identical (or almost the same) driver, then it looks like a coin flip.   Frankly for 29.50 shipped http://sn.im/m1z, I might have tried the M1s first instead had I not already committed to the M2s.  If advance reviews hold...
Thanks!  Nice workaround, that will come in very handy, believe me -- your post just earned my very first recommendation.  (thumb/hand icon..."If this is a great post, give it a thumbs up!")   Hmm, the new board here maybe means there are new way expressing appreciation, with a nod to hand-icon click...how about thanks, that was very thumbworthy of you? 
3 minor issues so far, all while editing posts in the latest firefox:   right-click spell-checker doesn't suggest misspelled words right-click cut+paste not possible without browser security adjustment (this may fix spelling too, haven't tried) Cursor disappears from time to time, even though you can still edit   One more thing...somebody mentioned considerably slower browsing on their iphone.  If making a site more handheld friendly is even possible...
(user deleted)