or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

Sounds like you hamhandedly force the screws in without aligning the holes perfectly. I suggest shoving some blutack into the threading. I recommend taping the pads directly to the housing so no more free rotation. I've seen people try to use the hifiman rings to mount Vegan pads and I look at the setup with pure disappointment.
Probably is half of max, but Krell also underrates all their output numbers too. I'll only have music on that setting for very quiet tracks. It's usually in the 8-9oclock region.   You also have to factor in gain for the amp. I got no idea what gain is on yours. Low gain will give you more volume play.
I use a 24 step passive autoformer volume control and I've got enough play. It never goes past 12oclock for me but I can find the right volume. More steps would be nice but it's fine. This is also comparing with the exponential curve of my Master-1 which still doesn't give you a ton of play unless your amp can use ACSS/CAST too which has a lower gain.
Is that regret I hear?
You attached them with a bad seal.
Neither
Blutack isn't sticky enough.
Heard the A23 before and it's nothing special, but can't ask for much at $720. So actually not bad at that price.
AVR might be a good option especially if one can double it's power when impedance is halved. Generally, speaker amps retain much better value. Yes they generally cost more but you lose next to nothing by the time you sell it. My last Krell was $10k msrp when it was brand new and I paid $3750 for it. Guess how much I sold it for? $3800 which meant I lost about $100 on shipping. I owned that amp for a bit over a year and enjoyed it every single day. Overall I paid $100 to...