or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

20awg Canare does indeed have fatter bass.
Have you heard an HE-6? It punches like nothing else. It's sharp, hard, and fast. HEK has more bass that's rounded and soft although seemingly deeper.
 Listen to an HE-6 side by side and you'll understand. The bass of the HEK is not well balanced as in there's a lot of quantity yet doesn't seem to have the same speed and kick. In stock form, the HEK was one of the most boring headphones I've heard in a long time.   Anytime I mention the HE-6, I mean modded. It's a bit smoother than stock but it's kept most of its signature. I don't like a soft sound but hardly overbearing on the treble. You've never had a capable amp to...
Wall of bass effect (overbearing and not coherent), soft sounding, not engaging midrange, and lack of energy. Basically sounds like you're sitting outside in the lobby of the auditorium instead of inside.
 Amazing amps won't fix those issues with the HEK, trust me. I've tried everything I could before I gave up on it.
Not overkill since I feed mine double that.These older amps tend to need cap replacements so I would shop around and pay a bit more for a recently serviced one. Replacing caps will cost more than the amp normally.
Shameless plug: I have an NFB-7 for sale.
That's what picking up some lint from your T-shirt is for.
Sounds like you hamhandedly force the screws in without aligning the holes perfectly. I suggest shoving some blutack into the threading. I recommend taping the pads directly to the housing so no more free rotation. I've seen people try to use the hifiman rings to mount Vegan pads and I look at the setup with pure disappointment.