or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

I don't see any real specs for the amp section. I would be wary.
Might as well try to get some new cups machined.
The room will be approx. 10x23ft. Maybe wider depending on if I can knock down the closet for another 2ft.
Yes, I'd say its a winner. I ended up returning it to the owner though as I'm mostly likely going down the route of Magnepans which requires high powered solid state. The EAR and both big Krells (FPB 300cx and EVO 302e) all have been very very similar out of the HE-6. Based on that, I've concluded I've hit the ceiling on the HE-6 in terms of amps. If I want anymore out the HE-6, I'd need a much better DAC or turntable.
I've been eyeing the 3.7i
You are right to be suspicious. I've been down that route myself with vintage receivers. I wouldn't go back to them. For those who only have $200-300 to spend on an amp, buy a used Crest pro audio amp and pair it with a cheap preamp.
This amp is special in that it doesn't need it.
I've had an EAR 834 integrated in the house for a few days. Fantastic sounding amp which narrowly edges out my Krell. Goes back to it's owner tomorrow.
As long as you taped the pads directly to the cups you should get a perfect seal. Imperfect seals are trying to use the hifiman pads or gaps in whatever adhesive/mounting you use. The next mod you should be doing actually reduces bass quantity. The answer to use a proper power amp. I've haven't heard a headphone amp doing bass correctly.