or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

I looked on the audio-gd site and it says audio-gd are compatible with CAST.
Pondering between an audio-gd Master-3 or Krell FPB-300cx as my next amp. I think I'm set on getting the Master-1 preamp. Either way, I'll be using ACSS or CAST interconnects.   Anyone want to weigh in?
Pondering between an audio-gd Master-3 or Krell FPB-300cx as my next amp. I think I'm set on getting the Master-1 preamp. Either way, I'll be using ACSS or CAST interconnects.   Anyone want to weigh in?
The M9 will probably one of the better performing headphone amps. The best bet is still to go overkill and get a speaker amp. $5000 will get you a VERY good speaker amp especially if it's used. I'm actually eying some power amps going for around those prices used in hopes to squeeze more performance from these HE-6. If you aren't completely committed to going all the way for these cans, I'd stop at the M9, or better yet the M10. These are the only cans I own so I'm...
He's an engineer in the sense a janitor is a sanitation engineer?
Removing the white fibers should have completely opened up the mids. Maybe you should too thick of felt? Maybe leave the rear mesh off completely and see how you like it. If that fixes it, then you might need a new mesh.If you want amazing mids, get the Master-7. If amazing detail retrieval, lots of air, and amazing treble get an NFB-7.32.
 I think the quarter foam brings out the upper mids a bit. I can't use mine as it disintegrated, but I think mine sound very neutral. Maybe a more powerful amp would help your issue?  Have you taken out the white fibers? Doing so brings back the treble and midrange.
That quarter foam doesn't matter nearly as much as removing the cotton from the rear mesh. That's why it sounds congested.
Leave the inner ring and attach the flaps directly to the double sided tape. Don't use the Hifiman ring at all. You'll get a much tighter seal and no more leaky bass.
Both. Very happy with the resistor setup. The HE-6 is only receiving 0.17Wpc compared to ~30Wpc. There has been no change in sound quality after carefully ABing for an hour.