or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

Wall of bass effect (overbearing and not coherent), soft sounding, not engaging midrange, and lack of energy. Basically sounds like you're sitting outside in the lobby of the auditorium instead of inside.
 Amazing amps won't fix those issues with the HEK, trust me. I've tried everything I could before I gave up on it.
Not overkill since I feed mine double that.These older amps tend to need cap replacements so I would shop around and pay a bit more for a recently serviced one. Replacing caps will cost more than the amp normally.
Shameless plug: I have an NFB-7 for sale.
That's what picking up some lint from your T-shirt is for.
Sounds like you hamhandedly force the screws in without aligning the holes perfectly. I suggest shoving some blutack into the threading. I recommend taping the pads directly to the housing so no more free rotation. I've seen people try to use the hifiman rings to mount Vegan pads and I look at the setup with pure disappointment.
Probably is half of max, but Krell also underrates all their output numbers too. I'll only have music on that setting for very quiet tracks. It's usually in the 8-9oclock region.   You also have to factor in gain for the amp. I got no idea what gain is on yours. Low gain will give you more volume play.
I use a 24 step passive autoformer volume control and I've got enough play. It never goes past 12oclock for me but I can find the right volume. More steps would be nice but it's fine. This is also comparing with the exponential curve of my Master-1 which still doesn't give you a ton of play unless your amp can use ACSS/CAST too which has a lower gain.
Is that regret I hear?