Posts by ohhgourami

I have a Crest CA-2 Power amp I'm bought on a whim to see how well it powers the HE-6. I think it does a pretty good job especially for the price I paid. It's in horrid cosmetic condition but works fine. Someone take it off my hands. Price isn't much more than a new Mini-x.
I saw the 2A3 next to me at a meet, but didn't bother listening to it. I probably didn't see the PSU as Craig placed it on the floor at the meet with the 445. It probably could use more power still, but overall it did a good job from what I could make out at the meet.
The 445 has a huge PSU attached to it. That is more important than the amount of power the HE-6 sees. When I had resistors attached to my baby Krell, I was chopping the power down to 0.1 wpc and it made no difference compared to the 32 wpc without resistors.
The 445 would do a better job though...
Selling my beloved KAV-400xi because I have upgraded. Tons of clean power in one package. This is the second best amp I've heard with the HE-6 (best being the my successor which cost much more). The amp is in very good cosmetic condition, probably rated a 9/10 on the agon scale.   Comes in black with remote and stock power cable; shipped in original Krell box. Price includes shipping in the CONUS. Paypal only.   Here is the stereophile review that made me pull the...
Keep us posted on how it compares against the F1. I was debating on getting a Pass Labs X250 before I pulled the trigger.
Yes.
Thanks for finding me another thing to spend my money on...
Hmmm that is not too bad. And this can be done for non-bedrooms? This room is technically a bedroom, but it only has my gear in here...
 I'm not tripping anything but I noticed my room has very dirty power. My PC PSU would buzz, the monitor would croak, and now the amp would buzz off a channel. This 15A line is feeding all my PC, audio gear, 3 rooms, plus the hallway. This house was so horribly made. This room is right above the breaker panel too, but the breaker panel is out the outside. I wonder how much harder that would make it. How much did it cost to get a dedicated line?