or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

Pads on the LCD's are glued down. They will not be fun to peel. I suggest buying them separately, but they do cost $80 a pair. I would almost never recommend leather for pads as they give horrible reflections.
Direct comparison with modded HE-6 and HE1k:     Listening through Yggy > audio-gd Master -1 preamp > Krell FPB 300cx.   Like the new headband design compared to HE-6, plus the thing is much much lighter. I like the size (L x W, diameter) of the cups but dislike the shallowness (ear touches the driver side) and the velour material (woolly and makes my ears itchy). I don't like the sleeving on the cable either, but I think most of us will be upgrading cables and...
I have seen no such comparisons!          Since you dropped my bomb prematurely, I'll go ahead and write my comparison here. Listening through Yggy > audio-gd Master -1 preamp > Krell FPB 300cx. Like the new headband design compared to HE-6, plus the thing is much much lighter. I like the size (L x W, diameter) of the cups but dislike the shallowness (ear touches the driver side) and the velour material (woolly and makes my ears itchy). I don't like the sleeving on the...
I'd like a smaller box solution too except I haven't found something has beat the sound of separates. For the time being, that's the plan.
I'm thinking of upgrading to a Krell evolution 302e power amp. Pair it with the 202 preamp or go for a passive pre. I don't have the room for speakers yet sadly.
Imaging from the HE1k is fantastic. Never heard better. I'd say better than the R10 too.
I've ascended. I'm pretty sure my modded HE-6 will go on sale not long from now.
The eagle has landed. Impressions tonight!
 Nicely summed up!
Sure, NFB7 and Yggy sound very different says the guy who doesn't own both... I might be the only person who has both.