Posts by ohhgourami

Luis had some custom leather headband on his Paradox. It felt very nice! I've done the 3 main mods for HE-6: Vegan, felt, and grill. Vegan and grill mods make noticeable differences to the HE-6. It's a big jump even when done alone, but they have some weird shifts in the sound which aren't as pleasant alone. With only the Vegan, it's too muddy. With only the grill, it's too shrill. With only the felt, it's too congested and dark. When you do all 3, it transforms the HE-6...
Having talked to Luis personally many times, I completely forgot he mods other headphones on the side! What I liked the most was the leather headband replacement. mmm that is very nice with a bit more padding compared to the pleather we use now.
FTFY
Poor soul! I did a cardboard cutout of the shapes I needed then just cut with sharp scissors. It did end up taking a good 3-4  hours though. Worth it but would never do it again!
The felt mod is extremely time consuming! It will sound better still with the grill mod. Soundstage will enlarge and the highs will come back. Might get to be a bit too much with the post pads for some.
Time to do the felt mod!
Have you done felt and grill mod?
Used them for 30 mins at most.
You're sitting on my table at the next mini-meet! You will see how far ahead my HE-6 is to the HE-560   I don't remember if you compared both at the last meet.
Sounds a lot like the Vegans...