or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

AVR might be a good option especially if one can double it's power when impedance is halved. Generally, speaker amps retain much better value. Yes they generally cost more but you lose next to nothing by the time you sell it. My last Krell was $10k msrp when it was brand new and I paid $3750 for it. Guess how much I sold it for? $3800 which meant I lost about $100 on shipping. I owned that amp for a bit over a year and enjoyed it every single day. Overall I paid $100 to...
My amp is also rated at 300wpc @8ohm. Best amp I've heard so far.For $1500, look at the Krell KAV-400xi.
No noisefloor using CAST. There's a tiny bit with my passive.
I would prefer not to use software volume control. I'm paranoid that it would reset back to max and kaboom.If you had to get an audio-gd integrated, the Precision 1 seems fine. I wouldn't settle for anything less in their lineup though.If you get any of their DACs, ACSS is worth taking advantage of.
I recommend going for a pro audio power amp at that price range. Do you have a DAC with volume control? That would make things a lot easier as good preamps are expensive. Used speaker gear is where the good performance is at, regardless of price. Check audiogon's solid state integrated and power amp classifieds.
There should be spare connectors in the box. Determinate the cable with the new connectors. When you find a nice aftermarket cable you like, I suggest hardwiring. I don't think it's worth the bother to return.
I'm very tolerant to brightness and I found that combo fatiguing. I hope you enjoy the Liquid Crimson because I haven't like any of Cavalli's amps. Really should be looking at a Krell or Pass Labs at the price range anyway.
Actually the Rag makes the HE-6 fatiguing. This is not a good pairing although many would think.
Up for sale is a great condition 009. Has very low usage and hours on it along with the 007tii amp which as a few blemishes on the chassis as seen in the pictures.   009 comes with original box, 007tii does not have original box but will be well packaged.   Price includes insured shipping in CONUS. Buyer pays paypal fees.
 Basically I'm trying to tell both of you to keep an open mind.