Posts by ohhgourami

The HE-6 will be getting very little head time from now on...  
Oops didn't notice that's not a real Pass Labs
Probably better off with a Pass Labs: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649254214-bc-acoustique-362d-pass-labs-int-30-on-a-beer-budgetmaybe-either-way-an-incredible-value/ Seems affordable. I've never seen one drop to that low of a price.
Not counting the Rednet since that belongs to @Clemmaster, about 10k. On the brightside, all I need to do is buy speakers and nothing else.
Having heard the Utopia on my rig during a meet, I can say the Utopia is not an upgrade. They don't scale the same way the HE-6 does through the right chain.  
Wells Audio Headtip - listening to music while drowning in a tar pit.
 You could drive both in parallel if you want.
Quit limiting people on amount of power an amp produces. I've been using 300wpc @8ohm amps for years and years. Watch the volume and you'll be fine. Some manufacturers don't make amps that only have 70wpc. For example, the least powerful flagship amp that Krell made for the Evolution series is a 300w which I own. People should be pushing the limits (with caution) so we can get to the next level of fidelity. If I hadn't pushed this headphone to the next level, I would have...
Well...that is no surprise to me. From my experience, tube vs SS is irrelevant in this discussion. The important thing is that it's high end SPEAKER amps which completely trounces these purpose built (purposely neutered) headamps. I've been thumping this for years and years.
Could be your amp...or anything else in the chain.