Posts by ohhgourami

They get the room hot and very hard to take to meets. As much as I want you guys to hear my setup, I'm unwilling to haul it out.
Differences will probably be there. Just depends if you want to pay for them. Besides the Master-3 or Master-10, I don't see any other amps performing at that level for the price. I'm pretty sure they punch way above their price too. Some nights I wonder if I could should have saved 2k and gone with a Master-3 instead.
I didn't get chosen for the Rag Beta test...   The hum could be your power. I get weird stuff once in awhile too, but my AC filter has helped a lot.
Of course there is!
That Bricasti was amazing! Very different presentation from OR5+M7. OR5+M7 is a smooth, "natural" sound to it. Very easy to listen to but never boring. The Bricasti just fast, extremely detailed, but with a slight glare - over aggressive. Does not work for all systems, but that was the most detailed DAC I've ever heard.
Sounds like you have the wrong firmware? There are firmware and driver compatibility issues so you must have the right firmware for the drivers. Once in a blue moon if you BSOD or corrupt something, you might have to reinstall the driver to correct some playback issues, but usually turning the DAC on and off and a system restart should fix it.
Oh you! I almost spit my water all over the monitor.
Hello at 300wpc!  
All of you guys are full of it. All DACs sound the same. They are just processing 1's and 0's.