or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

Sounds like a better long term solution.
Try a sheet of toilet paper between the pads and driver. If it kills to much of the highs, use 1 ply.
Selling 8/10 condition QB-9 USB DAC 96khz non-DSD. Great sounding DAC.
Selling great condition audio-gd stack. The NFB7.32 uses the USB32 input but can be upgraded to Amanero. There is a small scratch on the top panel. The Master-1 is an amazing preamp with tons of features. Very clean sound with very engaging mids. There is a scrape on the edge on the back side of the bottom panel, otherwise functions perfectly. Also comes with remote control and ACSS cables for current mode output.   This combo would have cost $2900 new. This is almost...
I terminate all my stuff in 4pin XLR. Use an adapter from there. I might actually be switching cables soon too. We will see...
Agreed, why do people remove cables? Mine have been hardwired for years.
You're going to have a really hard time finding small form factor gear unless you go for the good Class D stuff. I wouldn't recommend any of the amps you mentioned. You need to check audiogon.
A lot of the preamps that come with a cheap integrated is pretty crap anyway. I'd say it's hard to do worse.
 Always try to buy used. You get more performance for what you pay.
Not saying it's immune to different DACs but changes aren't nearly as obvious compared to using HD800.EF6 is still quite far from sounding amazing so he should upgrade that first.