or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

Could be your amp...or anything else in the chain.
Do both drivers make that sound? If it's only from one driver then play a mono track and make sure both sides sound the same.I know some people who have punctured their drivers and there was no change in sound.
HE-6 doesn't have the stax fart. You should check to see if you got a torn driver.
Questyle monoblocks? What a joke...especially at that price.
 F6 made music sound like the band is playing in a hallway instead of an open field. Doesn't mean the mids are bad because they had a lot of texture and depth. Good amp for the price.
 You want to elaborate on some details? Better amps tend to present space and imaging much better, while a lot of sub 1.5k amps can't do it at all. Did the KAV sound wider than the J2? I've compared an F6 side by side with my Krell EVO and the stage was very narrow.
I've used the yellow packaging 3M tape that covers in a roll at Target and office supply stores. It's a lot of work to cut but good quality.
You get that "out of your head" or live sound yet?
Also a general rule of thumb when shopping for a speaker amp you haven't heard or can't hear until you buy it - the power should double when the impedance is halved. It won't tell you the signature, but it's a sign of quality.
Yes, that's consistent with my memory.