or Connect

Posts by ohhgourami

I've asked. They will only repair them if they break which requires sending the whole thing in. Can't buy the drivers separate.
Bat fill? What's that? I still prefer the HE-6. HE1k didn't have what I was looking for.
The hifiman rings don't seal very well. Ditch them completely and tape the pads directly to the cups.
Have you ordered a pair of Vegan pads yet?
Not risky at all. I'm the guy who kickstarted all the mods for HE-6.
I've changed the way the fuzzor is done now. No felt on the grill but on the back side of the Vegan pads so the reflective pleather surface is covered up.Blutack mods requires taking out the driver from the housing. Also reversible.
A cable won't make a world of difference.If you want amazing sound, start with modding.
I bought a BTG-audio 8 strand which I hardwired.
Dark Star only gets mentioned in jokes.
I would say around the same level but is a bit better. This was the first amp that made me say "wow! So this is what the HE-6 is capable of?!". You actually start seeing and feeling the music with this amp. Just a bit of a glimpse that it's real.Great amp for the price and doesn't do anything wrong. Bass isn't as tight as Rag since this is class AB with feedback, but it sounds a lot more real.