Posts by seekadds

For Sale:   Audio Technica ATH-ES10 headphones in excellent condition. No mods have been performed on these. I have covered most of the mirror finish with Best Skins Ever protective layer, so there are no scratches on the cups. I can leave the plastic layer on or take it off at buyer's request. Original cable and packaging included.    These come from a pet-free, smoke-free home, and have always been placed in a hard case when not in use. Asking $275 shipped.  CONUS...
For sale: Soundmatters Foxl v2 portable speaker.   Condition: Excellent.   This auction includes: Portable speaker, original packaging, and accessories.    Note: This is the non-bluetooth version. (a.k.a. the purist's version)   A great little speaker in great working condition.    CONUS only please.
For sale is my Leckerton portable amp. Original op-amps. Good condition: a few blotches, fading, and paint scratches, but nothing functionally out of place (see pictures). I don't have the original packaging or accessories, so I can ship with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect and an old micro-USB cable if you really need it. Chances are, you have a ton of these laying around anyway. This is a great little amp, I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it.    CONUS only...
Sorry for the noob question, but I recently switched from Neutron to the stock player on my Walkman F series, and I am wondering about the sound settings.    Surround sound: I have this off. It seems to me much more like (bad) EQ presets than any kind of artificial 5.1 or 7.1, which would also be bad.   DSEE: I can't notice a difference, so I have this off.   Dynamic Normalizer: I have this on. I normally use ReplayGain, but this is better than nothing. I don't...
Just popping in to say that the star tips work great for me. They offer the convenience and comfort of the older grey silicon tips, but the sound quality of modded tri-flange tips. Well done, Westone. Now my W3's are reaching their potential! 
  Thanks! If you mean the screen monitor stand, then it won't hold all 3 of yours. If you mean the speaker stands, then yea, totally a good investment.   Looks like an Xtrac pads mouse pad to me. I have one too, but in my pic it's hidden behind the chair.      So many fellow Genelec owners! Didn't know they were that popular. Nice bru.
Of course any generalization can be criticized for being overly simple, but my personal experiences tend to agree with yours. Since moving into ~$150+ IEM's, most cheaper IEM's now sound unacceptable to me. Even "bang-for-the-buck" budget kings that are well-reviewed on head-fi I have ended up selling or abandoning. e.g. Hippo-VB, Meelec M6, Brainwavs Beta, etc. The "best" under $100 IEM for me was the DUNU Trident, but even that one I sold. Even in joker's huge IEM...
    I am also using the M-DAC as an all-in-one. However, my hardest to drive headphones are only Denon D5000's. I think the M-DAC amp is underrated. Many people look to the amp to color the sound slightly, and the M-DAC as a unit is designed to sound transparent, so those people prefer other amps. The M-DAC amp might be too weak for the most demanding headphones, but for most pairs I think it provides a nice, clean sound. It's more than adequate for me. 
The functionality you are looking for is often found in units that are called "pre-amps." Many DAC/Amp combos and receivers have this functionality built-in, but the Aune T1 you chose does not.   Your options are:   1. Stick with the Aune, and add a separate pre-amp. I don't know if there are cheap stereo pre-amps, so maybe your best bet will be to find the cheapest AV receiver you can .    2. Get a different unit that consolidates volume controls: e.g....
  The Genelec's are great. I am not really an expert by any means; I bought them pretty impulsively after a quick audition. But compared to my old M-Audio speakers, the Genny's are more "polite," image better, and sound more dynamic over the frequency range. The M-Audio bx5a's had more mids, harsher highs, and in-your-face presentation.    The M-DAC is still burning in, but I'm happy with it so far. It's a perfect all-in-one solution for me since I don't have any...