Posts by Avro_Arrow

They won't cause a problem, you could just get better performance with the recommended caps. You can always order some with your next order and swap them in to see the difference. You will probably find they tighten up the sound, especially in the bass region. A Panasonic FR can provide two to three times more ripple current than the Nichicon Muse FG. For "audio" caps, me, personally, I prefer the ELNA Silmac II series.
 Those are really nice capacitors...but you seem to have used them everywhere... Nichicon FG, or any "Audio" rated cap are designed for use in the audio signal chain, ex. input caps, output caps and coupling caps.They don't do so well when used in the power supply role.There, something along the lines of Panasonic FR or Nichicon HW would be more appropriate.Otherwise, great project!
Great thread...when I have time I'm going to go back and read it all.
I use OSHPark too, I find the quality to be quite good for the price. From the time I place my order, until they show up in my mail box, three weeks to a month. Probably a week longer for you. You can PM me the details when they're ready.
Looking good! If you have some spare boards I would be interested in a set. I should have a Carrie Amp v3 prototype as well to compare it with.
I did a little checking up on what some of the manufacturers I have access to did on their demo boards for their USB controllers.   None featured input capacitance anywhere as low as the 1 to 10 uF in the spec. They all had anywhere from 470uF to nearly 1000uF across the USB power line. They also used 330R ferrite.  
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet....   Great first post! You seem to have done your homework. We will be pleased to see how your project turns out.
I looked it up in the spec to be sure.   Upstream Facing Port Bypass Capacitance: Min - 1uF, Max - 10uF.
Isn't it about 100uF?
BLM21AG   I picked the DLP31S because I thought there was at least a chance that the average Joe could solder it on... When designing for a kit, I have to consider other peoples soldering skills (or lack there of...) Same with the TVS.   I'll have a look at the Laird...thanks for the tip.