Posts by Avro_Arrow

C8 is the noise reduction cap for the regulators internal reference. C7 is an input bypass cap in parallel with the electrolytic on the other side of the board.   If either of these were to cause a problem, it would be C8.   What about C14...it is directly on the output of the regulator. Have you removed and checked it?
Which cap causes it to stop working?
Is there 5 volts at the input to U2? If there is, remove C7, C8 and L3. Is there a short under C7 or C8. Is there 3v3 from U2 now? If no, replace U2. Is it working now? If yes, re-install C7, C8 and L3  
Here is a schematic you can use for powering your DAC.   You can use it with a 9 volt AC wall wort...that way you avoid having to work with line voltage.   I used this set-up in my project here.
 Like you said, without knowing the values, any resistor is just a guess.Swapping values and checking the waveform on a scope would get thebest results. The values may be different for each line as well. You could try 22, 49.9 and 100 and see if there is any audible difference.Resistors are cheap. 
And here is an example of how you can use your damping resistors and chip orientation to keep your I2S lines tangle free:  
Here is an example of a USB input filter. You wont be using the D+ and D- so you can ignore that part of it.   And how it could be routed:  
1. Yes 2. Rotate PCM 90 degrees and you should be able to untwist your I2S and keep them all on the top layer. 3. For the most part, yes. 4. What you have done is correct. 5. I'm not sure what the question is.   Regular Via's go in one side and out the other. Blind Via's go in one side and don't come out the other. Buried Via's are completely internal to the board and don't come out either side. Blind and buried Via's are only applicable to boards with more than...
Home made re-flow oven.You can even use an Arduino to control the curve.
What capabilities do you think you can exploit? More info of the lightning connector can be found here.