Posts by Avro_Arrow

The Berkley Alpha USB is a high speed device. The Doodlebug does not work at high speed. There are currently no high speed USB isolators. The Doodlebug works only at USB Full speed.
I would first un-solder the wires from the jack and confirm with the meter (on resistance) to confirm that you have the pairs correct.   You should be able to identify the left and right pairs as well. You can hear a pop or rustle caused by the voltage from the meter. The meter should indicate the rough impedance of the headphone driver.   Then you can re-solder the wires to the jack again. Tip = Left Ring = Right Sleeve = Return   If you can not identify the...
Anyone wishing to use an alternate power source, this is an example of the mating power connector used in the Doodlebug. Another example.   Cigarette lighter plug.
Perhaps the cable is broken in more than one spot? Has one of the drives been damaged? Do you have a multimeter?
Yes, indeed. You just have to observe the minimum input voltage requirements.It would run quite nicely off 12 volt vehicle power. For DC, anywhere between9 vdc and 12vdc would work great. Just don't exceed the working voltage of theinput cap which is 16vdc in the BOM.
I think the assumption is that your amp will have the volume control...
Looks good Tom. I think that will be a popular option.
I bet Tom will be really busy for the next few weeks...sorry Tom...  
Yah!
For the 3.5mm input, look here. You don't need a switched jack. You can use a DPDT switch or just make sure no to have both inputs connected at the same time...