or Connect

Posts by Avro_Arrow

Lawn Flower  
I did something like that back in the early eighties...
That's just a graph of it's frequency response. It doesn't tell you anything about it's impedance characteristics.
First off, make sure you are using the dynamic impedance of the driver at the cut-off frequency you desire. If a driver is listed in a catalog as, say, an 8 ohm driver, if you hook up your multimeter across the voice coil, that is roughly the reading you will get. With the driver playing music, the actual impedance will vary. It can go as low as the static resistance, but will more likely be several hundred ohms at higher frequencies. You need to get the impedance plot...
My question would be: Do you have the resources to employ the CM6631A? Access to these resources usually requires a NDA with CMedia.
My two cents...   Heat the board, not the component. I just use a Weller WES51 with a standard tip at 550 to 600 degrees.   Another thing I noticed was that if you are using a device for the first time or have just reloaded your computer, you may need to directly connect your device to the computer before it will be recognized. Subsequently, it will work properly through the Doodlebug.
The listening room is still a work in progress... Martin-Logan Sequel II  
Good-bye Leonard Nimoy. We will miss you! Live long and prosper  
All of that is why I keep coming back to EAGLE and recommend it to newbies.  
 Nice collection of YoYos!