Posts by ltgem612

I love my dj's paired with a CEntrance M8.
I do.  To my ears the bass is deeper on the dj than the 7000.  The dj's are more resolving.  The 7000 is not a portable phone and no longer made so kind of hard to find.  I like them both and would have a hard decision to make if I had to give one up but would probably keep the dj's although the 7000 are a little bit more comfortable to me.  7000 does not have user a user replaceable cord and does not have a single sided cord like the dj.  Every little point matters to...
There are a few other small "mom and pop" stores like Moon Audio that have them but B&H Photo is huge and if you decide to return them, which I doubt you will, a great big store really doesn't take a hit.  Their catalog has tens of thousands of items and is 473 pages.  They usually sell returns at a good discount but so few of the dj's are returned that they seldom have any.  From their website it appears they are a full line Ultrasone dealer and no I do not work for...
Buy them from a vendor like B&H photo who has a no hassle 30 return policy without a restocking fee.  You are only risking the return postage costs if you don't like them.  That's what I did, but I fell in love and still have mine.
More important to me than which switch position equals how many ohms would be for users to post which position they have settled in as sounding best for a particular headphone.  Maybe we could get a an idea as to which position sounds best, to most, for say the Vmoda M100.  While we all hear differently it would be interesting to know what others feel is the best position for their headphones.  It, if there was some agreement, would be a starting point for personal...
Is there any general rule as to if your headphones impedance is used to determine which setting is used?  Anyone have recommendations for different headphones, i.e. Vmoda M100, Ultrasone Signature DJ??
Got my cable from the grobe today.  Workmanship was top notch.  thanks again Craig
If the below have already been brought up and answered I apologize but haven't read all 260 pages of posts.  My questions concern charging when using my M8 and a ipod classic as the source device. The instruction sheet that came with the HiFi-M8 and reviews I've read so far don't really give me the answers, so does anyone here know:   Does the ipad charge from both the center(on-off) position and right( idevice) positon when the M8 is plugged into the a/c...
Whats with those multiple small holes around the inner surface of the XL pads?   There are no similar holes in the original pads.  I have a pair of both grey and black XL pads and they both have the holes.  Anyone have any idea as to their purpose?  They expose what looks like regular foam cushioning underneath.
Every thread on any headphone has all kinds of tricks/suggestions that are supposed to improve the sound.  It probably doesn't hurt to try and if you THINK there is a improvement well good for you.   Val has spent thousands of hours and hundreds of tests trying to get the best possible sound from all his headphones.  I would guess if he or his engineers or testers had felt any of them had any benefit they would have incorporated them in the design.   Val has spent...