or Connect

Posts by scrypt

So far, I've been able to resist joining the Massdrop Two Hundred despite the Nova's beauty and apparent euphony. I'm trying my hardest not to succumb to YMBFEBOPSS (Yak Mesmerized by Faceted Ear Bauble on Pearlescent String Syndrome).  
As someone else on this thread wrote earlier, listening to a product's performance is far more important than reading a graph of its frequency emphasis. If that weren't true, then why would a company that created Jupiters and Andromae bother to create Orions or Novas at all?
My apologies, audionewbi; I was only trying to help. Provisional writing can be effective as a reflection of the process of thought. However, I also believe it's important to respect the reader as much as the integrity of the provisional. It's worth the effort to pause for a moment and reread your words to ensure coherence. What you say about 32 Ohm Audio being the originator of ALO Audio is interesting. If that's true, it's an origin, a bloodline, of which I was unaware. ...
This might be what audionewbi wanted to say: "What got me interested in ALO Audio was the attractiveness of its products, the sales on its official site, and ALO Audio's products and sale prices versus those of the so-called competition. There is no doubt in my mind that the aesthetics and value of the products sold by ALO Audio inform Campfire Audio products as well." Or, on the nether hind,* audionewbi might have meant this: "What interests me about ALO Audio is the...
Stoked to see you're doing such good work, Ken. The name and aesthetic of your new company are inspired (though I wouldn't expect less of someone with your background in jeweled audio and the painterly fine arts -- esp. having peeped a few pages from your portfolio). The new designs are glisteningly severe and sinuous, and I happen to heart the Andromeda's shade of green. That IEM is the perfect marriage of bijou and surgical kit. Now to put sounds to those facets. I've...
Ngoshawk:  You might want to venture a gawk at the numbers at the bottom of the graph. For porpoises of comparison, I'd like to see the graph for the Orion swimming in the same set.
 Your observation about the "power advantage" makes me wonder whether you purchased your DACmini before 2013 (in which case it might have had a less robust power supply).  I don't dispute your comparison, esp. since I haven't auricled the Burson. I merely wondered whether the updated power supply might offer a more prime-cut sound than the one you've described (practically shrieking).  A steakier impact, perhaps. More filet-mignonesque.
What I'd like is a sturdier cable for my HD600s, not one that supposedly or actually sounds different.   Ideally, such a cable would be less expensive than, say, cryogenically altered helium threaded with gold wire recast from Winston Crotchhill's fillings.
For those who can never quite decide to get them until it's too late, the Sennheiser HD600 and 650 are on sale again at Adorama. If you slapped your forehead a few times last week, take comfort in the few dollars less that your Special Procrastinator's Editions will cost.   HD600 for $239 with free shipping   HD650 for $287 with free shipping   I agonized between the two but ended up choosing the HD600s for studio work.  Besides, the Buysonic price for the HD650s is...
 I appreciate your Hermes-swift reply! As a maker of portable amp/DACs that you hope will satisfy the widest array of users possible, I'm sure you must have puzzled over the differences between DACs that can render audio from any Android device and those that are limited only to USB Audio Player Pro. Is it the versatility of the driver? Is it the implementation of the amp?  So far, the one DAC that seems to work with every Android phone is the HiFiMeDIY Sabre Android DAC,...