Posts by scrypt

This is all useful information, worminator; thanks for posting about the DAC/Amp I'd been considering as a next purchase.  I'll add your findings to the DAC list on XDA before or over the weekend.  I appreciate your letting me ken, cattlethief.  I'll revise that entry on the list.
 Done, and thanks.  Your findings are listed here.
For those who are interested in the OPO but haven't received an invitation: Here's the OnePlus One Preorder Page. Quote: Poimandres:  If you confirm that the Glacier works with the OPO, I'll be able to list it and you on this XDA thread.
You no longer have to worry about receiving an invitation.  You'll be able to preorder an OPO later this month:   http://gizmodo.com/youll-finally-be-able-to-pre-order-the-oneplus-one-next-1636420439   So far, my OPO has offered the easiest DAC setup and switching of any smartphone I've ever owned. Tethering has also proved eerily unproblematic.    The camera isn't perfect, and Cyanogenmod is constantly working out bugs, but the OPO is a powerful phone with great...
I'm curious to know why CL chose the Texas Instruments DAC chip. I'd also like to know whether CL has any plans to release a portable DSD DAC for sources like the LG G3.   Also: Did Ken Ball have anything to do with the design of the artwork on the enclosure?
Two questions: May I assume you mean an HRT DAC other than the ustreamer (which doesn't exist)?  If so, which one? I'd have thought you meant either the iStreamer or the iStreamer 12V, but those are designed to work with iDevices.  HRT seems to make six different portable USB DACs. Did you try your HRT DAC with USB Audio Player/Recorder Pro alone or with other music players on the OPO as well -- ones that weren't dependent on driver-bypassing software?
I'm with a client and will have to ogle the vid once I commute the hell out of my local transit system, but I did want to bleat this:   Virtually every professional microphone company has created a line of headphones (what's the haps, Chameleon Labs?) and it was only a mutter of tod before the most design-conscious speakstick company of them all tossed its bespoke selvedge doily into the rink.   I don't know that I'll place an order for the Mo-Fi immediate mot, but in...
Has anyone used their OPO with a FiiO E17?  I'm compiling a list of compatible DACs and have been able to confirm the E18, E07k, Sony PHA-1 and HiFiMeDIY TinyDAC.   I dimly recall reading corroboration for the OPO working with E17 and JDS Labs' C5D and O2+ODAC Combo. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to retrace my linksteps.
I can only talk about my own experience. In the beginning, I approached headphones from the POV of a studio musician and wanted reference sound and detail everywhere I went (my first IEMs were the ER-6i and ER-4S).  I learned how dangerous that could be one night when I heard a high-pitched whine in my right ear.  Thankfully, that metallic squeal went away after a few days and I've been all right in the years that followed, but I've since learned this: We compensate for...
Picked up a brown pair of Momes during Sennheiser's refurbished sale and have enjoyed them immensely so far.  Yes, the earpads were wrinkled in ways that aren't immune to comparisons to the testicles of the elderly, but for $164, I believe I can cope.   Though the sound doesn't seem as detailed as that of the Amperiors, it is unusually listenable and the soundstage is surprising. Momes seem safer to listen to in transit that brighter headphones might have been.  I tend...