Posts by scrypt

Either that, or my learnéd colleague has a keen interest in the quaint. It must be alienating to live with a vintage vocabulary. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm attempting to familiarize my chuckaboo with the exhilarating pastime of traversing the grounds atop a unicycle.
This post has inserted itself into your thread to inform you that your devastatingly enticing contest has been entered successfully. (The previous sentence sounded a Hank more suggestive than intended.)
Tried my gosh-damndest to sign up, but apparently your site was offline because you were out having crepes and Belgian sour ales at the place on Hawthorne Street that keeps insisting horseshoes aren't allowed. Submitted my email and mailing address via your Offline Form. Here's hoping that you received all that and I'll be on your list before Rasputin can say "gaze into my beard."
 East Coast veteran studio voles I've toiled with attribute the ubiquity of NS-10Ms to Bobby Clearmountain. Once revered for his impossibly successful mixes, he used to heft his own pair of speaks to every room he worked. Eventually, studio owners aped his taste and he was able to leave said speaks in his flat or possibly his manse (never been there myself; he might have resided in the Pittock Mansion for aught I ken). I'm not sure who specifically popularized the V6, but...
So far, I've been able to resist joining the Massdrop Two Hundred despite the Nova's beauty and apparent euphony. I'm trying my hardest not to succumb to YMBFEBOPSS (Yak Mesmerized by Faceted Ear Bauble on Pearlescent String Syndrome).  
As someone else on this thread wrote earlier, listening to a product's performance is far more important than reading a graph of its frequency emphasis. If that weren't true, then why would a company that created Jupiters and Andromae bother to create Orions or Novas at all?
My apologies, audionewbi; I was only trying to help. Provisional writing can be effective as a reflection of the process of thought. However, I also believe it's important to respect the reader as much as the integrity of the provisional. It's worth the effort to pause for a moment and reread your words to ensure coherence. What you say about 32 Ohm Audio being the originator of ALO Audio is interesting. If that's true, it's an origin, a bloodline, of which I was unaware. ...
This might be what audionewbi wanted to say: "What got me interested in ALO Audio was the attractiveness of its products, the sales on its official site, and ALO Audio's products and sale prices versus those of the so-called competition. There is no doubt in my mind that the aesthetics and value of the products sold by ALO Audio inform Campfire Audio products as well." Or, on the nether hind,* audionewbi might have meant this: "What interests me about ALO Audio is the...
Stoked to see you're doing such good work, Ken. The name and aesthetic of your new company are inspired (though I wouldn't expect less of someone with your background in jeweled audio and the painterly fine arts -- esp. having peeped a few pages from your portfolio). The new designs are glisteningly severe and sinuous, and I happen to heart the Andromeda's shade of green. That IEM is the perfect marriage of bijou and surgical kit. Now to put sounds to those facets. I've...
Ngoshawk:  You might want to venture a gawk at the numbers at the bottom of the graph. For porpoises of comparison, I'd like to see the graph for the Orion swimming in the same set.