Posts by scrypt

So far, my new Pistons sound surprisingly clean and balanced, albeit with a bass bump that suggests someone applied a mild EQ (as opposed to, say, an FR-obliterating special effect suitable for a car stereo from GTA III).    The controls seem to work with all of my Android phones, which is exactly why I bought them.   Here's what I find perplexing: said Pistons sound better through the headphone out of my OnePlus One than through its USB out to a DACmini by CEntrance...
When it comes to DACs that don't simply drain your Android bijoux ("AB") but charge them or allow them to be charged, what are the choices? Beyond the hoary FiiO E18 and Verza, are there any new options, perbe?*   I'm not talking about a DAC with internal batteries that allow it to remain charged when unplugged from the wall.  I'm talking about DACs that actually charge one's AB, or flaunt a bypass function that allows said AB to be charged via the erect and pulsating...
Where did you find the T90 for $250, prithee?
 No apologies nec, DF -- good to read from you as well.  A pleasure-laden holiday wish-spell to you, too.  We had an enervated New Year's here at the creaky scryptian mansehold. We'd meant to drive into the city for cocktails at two friends' places (Harlem, LES) but grew tipsy at six and felt more inclined to peep flicks on our new 40" monitor than endure miles of gridlock and curbside idiocy. We slept in until dark tonight and it felt good.  About that new Lambert: The...
 Thanks, DSG, for a review that is not only helpful but written with such stupefying competence that you've used hyphens only where compound adjectives demanded them.  Sometimes even the most experienced hobbyists conflate than for then while offering hard-won insights.  You've gone beyond that sort of basic skill and added sophistication to the stylistic nougat; e.g., by following a lengthy descriptive sentence with a short declarative one (which is what we nougat...
Which deal and which vendor, if you don't mind my bleating? We've peeped several over the past few weeks.
I've been hawking that site in search of an amp that will handle 600 Ohms gracefully, which I suspect that funster the U100 does not.  So far, my furtive stalking has revealed nada, zilch -- with the possible exception of the Centrance M8.  Here's groping that Massdrop establishes a relationship with Violectric.  Until then, I'll be wearing different colored raincoats every time I log on so they don't glean it's me.
Though I'm tempted to buy the K7ConsonantConsonants, my lower intestine is insisting I wait for another excellent deal on generic T90s, since it doubts the Jubilees will be getting a second drop.   Apparently, my lower intestine and Beyerdynamic have an ongoing gurgle-mail exchange.
I'm toying with showing up for this -- particularly if transpo requires taking the Metro North, a shuttle and nothing else.  If I do visit, I won't be using the pseudonym "Agrippa Flail."
 This is all useful information, worminator; thanks for posting about the DAC/Amp I'd been considering as a next purchase.  I'll add your findings to the DAC list on XDA before or over the weekend.  I appreciate your letting me ken, cattlethief.  I'll revise that entry on the list.