or Connect

Posts by scrypt

Your observation about the "power advantage" makes me wonder whether you purchased your DACmini before 2013 (in which case it might have had a less robust power supply).  I don't dispute your comparison, esp. since I haven't auricled the Burson. I merely wondered whether the updated power supply might offer a more prime-cut sound than the one you've described (practically shrieking).  A steakier impact, perhaps. More filet-mignonesque.
What I'd like is a sturdier cable for my HD600s, not one that supposedly or actually sounds different.   Ideally, such a cable would be less expensive than, say, cryogenically altered helium threaded with gold wire recast from Winston Crotchhill's fillings.
For those who can never quite decide to get them until it's too late, the Sennheiser HD600 and 650 are on sale again at Adorama. If you slapped your forehead a few times last week, take comfort in the few dollars less that your Special Procrastinator's Editions will cost.   HD600 for $239 with free shipping   HD650 for $287 with free shipping   I agonized between the two but ended up choosing the HD600s for studio work.  Besides, the Buysonic price for the HD650s is...
 I appreciate your Hermes-swift reply! As a maker of portable amp/DACs that you hope will satisfy the widest array of users possible, I'm sure you must have puzzled over the differences between DACs that can render audio from any Android device and those that are limited only to USB Audio Player Pro. Is it the versatility of the driver? Is it the implementation of the amp?  So far, the one DAC that seems to work with every Android phone is the HiFiMeDIY Sabre Android DAC,...
Ditto -- and the odd thing about it is this: The OPO's software was designed with external DACs in mind.  Cyanogenmod progenitor Steve Kondik is a huge supporter of external DACs and tries to ensure that his software will work -- with the widest array possible -- literally out of the box.  AudioFX and the CM sound panel (AFX's precursor in previous iterations) have a USB DAC setting, but turning it on will not allow standard music apps, streams or sounds to be heard. The...
Meeting or revival (in/through both senses)? You decide.   One of the joys of becoming irrelevant is that the intensity of personal experience is no longer merely protected by anonymity.    Eventually, you become as enrobed in obscurity as a lop is wadded in flocculence: lushly hushed.   I might well attend this meet for old thyme's shake, since several foonts who share my membership's vintage seem likely to attend.    Then again, I might also succeed in blurring...
 If a friend is about to risk losing their hearing to satisfy an unimportant craving, then explaining why they shouldn't means showing compassion, not failing to be supportive.  Offering ways to boost output to damaging levels isn't helping that poster at all.  It's like prescribing an aphrodisiac that will destroy their sex drive permanently over time. 
So far, my new Pistons sound surprisingly clean and balanced, albeit with a bass bump that suggests someone applied a mild EQ (as opposed to, say, an FR-obliterating special effect suitable for a car stereo from GTA III).    The controls seem to work with all of my Android phones, which is exactly why I bought them.   Here's what I find perplexing: said Pistons sound better through the headphone out of my OnePlus One than through its USB out to a DACmini by CEntrance...
When it comes to DACs that don't simply drain your Android bijoux ("AB") but charge them or allow them to be charged, what are the choices? Beyond the hoary FiiO E18 and Verza, are there any new options, perbe?*   I'm not talking about a DAC with internal batteries that allow it to remain charged when unplugged from the wall.  I'm talking about DACs that actually charge one's AB, or flaunt a bypass function that allows said AB to be charged via the erect and pulsating...
Where did you find the T90 for $250, prithee?