Posts by Galatian

Excuse my ignorance, but can a full-sized can be really that much cheaper then my In-Ears while having a comparable sound quality? I know shrinking hardware actually adds cost but at this level?
Hey guys,   It's this time of the year again when I would love to trade my In-Ears for some nice warm full-sized headphones. I never had any so I really don't know what to look for. First I really like the sound signature of my JH-16 Pros especially the low end. The full-sized cans are mainly for commuting to and from University, so they shouldn't allow other people to hear my music as well. Also I would rather have them plugged into my Cowon J3 directly, but I can...
Ok, I'm probably going to be called a troll, but still: They haven't fixed the firmware of the "original" HM-801. Why would anybody want to spend money on any new product?
This!   Ever since I switched from my HM-801 to my Cowon J3 I have been very careful on what recommendations I value here on head-fi...Many people seem to think high price = high sound quality.   That being said I'm very happy with my JH16 Pro and have been very intrigued by the JH3A in its original form as it seemed to be a revolutionary step. Instead the new version just seems to be an evolutionary step on what is already readily available technology.    Hence my...
Don't be fooled. I just sold my HM-801 over my new Cowon J3. I'm using JH 16 Pro with them. At first you think the Hifiman "must" sound better because of the price tag and because of what people on here tell you. They are more laid back that's what gets you first, but when you compare them closely you can hear a huge difference meaning the Hifiman just lacks detail and THATs why it sounds laid back. Channel separation is also much better. I'm actually discovering my...
This...   I never understood how people can say they are bass heavy. Most audiophiles here on this forum seem to mistake neutrality for lack of bass. To that extend the JH16 Pro are not overblown but in fact very neutral in reproducing what the source provides. Bass in = Bass out. In fact I actually turn my Cowon J3 Mach3Bass on 6, because personally it sounds just right when listening to most of my Metal songs...  
Hey,   I'm selling my over one year old Hifiman HM-801. It has been equipped with the GAME Amp Card since day one, which is the high end amplifier for IEM and other low resistance headphones. I will also ship the new Switch Power Supply with it, which I just recently ordered to replace the broken bulky standard power supply. It works on almost all standard voltages so you can take it with you wherever you go.    The player itself is in a good but used condition,...
I'm selling my Corda 3 Move in a good condition. It comes with a USB-Cable, the little hex key and two audio cables both with 2 male 3.5 mm TRS plugs. Burn in time has been around 200 hours, so considered it well burned in.   I live in Europe so shipping to a European country will not cost you extra, but if you live further away I (might) need to add additional 10 € for increased shipping expenses.    
That really depends on what headphones you are using...right now the only "enhancements" I'm using on the J3 with my JH 16 Pro is the Mach3Bass on 6, because of the bass drop off on low impedance phones.  I enjoy the overall musical quality of the J3 so much...it is so much better then from my HM-801 and you can definitely pin them both down in a blind test because of the channel separation. Stereo sounds MUCH better on the J3...  
AAC is NOT officially supported...I came across that little problem as well, as I have never checked beforehand if it supported AAC and went straight ahead to upload some AACs. They play alright, but first of all gapless is not supported with them, secondary...at least with me...track listing got all messed up...I guess the tags can't be read out correctly.   Album art is another issue I have. I'm now running Lame-MP3s tagged with iTunes on a Mac. The embedded cover arts...