Posts by davidcotton

Afraid not, and that is what I am most irritated by! Everything else just works (well aside from not having a clock on display apart the settings!). Looks like android will win for my next purchase after all..
If someone could answer a couple of questions that got missed (or I missed!) in this thread that would be helpful.   1) How does the x5-III see the 2 memory cards?  Is it one big memory allocated, or are they two separate cards?   2) What is the battery life like in terms of hours?  Usual android of around 12 or so or considerably less?   Thanks
No idea about the bug.  Seems sony have released one firmware release already.  If I had known about the lack of bookmarking/audiobook support I would not have bought it (site I ordered from does not accept returns of opened items, so won't be buying from there again).  As it is I'll load up a few albums on a smaller sd card and have the player in my bag as a standby in case I forget my main one for work (as there is nothing worse then being stuck at work without music of...
What sort of battery life are people getting in real world use?  If it lasts longer than 8 hours I'm interested.  Also how is the gapless on the fiio app?
Seems I was not remembering properly with regards to the track positon.  It only bookmarked it on audiobook formats.  So it seems the sony is fine for music but not much else.  It will play audiobooks if in mp3 format etc, but just not remember where you left it.  It also doesn't seem to have a podcast section so can't use that option either :(
Not seen it on the player itself. I'll have a play with it this weekend. Edit to add :- Seems I can drag and drop from media go (and I thought Itunes was bad) but doesn't get added.  So it looks like there is no podcast section on the walkman itself, unless I am missing something painfully obvious. They really need to rename that bookmark list to favourites though. Further edit to add :- Yep done the hack, takes all of five minutes following the rockbox instructions.  Mine...
Had a bit of a play with the sony and got to say a little disappointed in it.  Not with the sound, as expected that beats the ipod classic hands down.  No, it's to do with the interface.  Bit of lag though that was expected.  The thing that really irritates is the lack of bookmark functions so the player doesn't remember the position of the track.  Might sound odd but I tend to listen to tracks anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes or longer.  Also listen to audiobooks as...
Just to say that got my sony a35 from mcmichaels.co.uk without hassle today.  Amazon uk still awaiting stock.
With amp3 the 10 percent code off may work as well.
Hmm wondering if it's Lexar related or 200 gig related.  Did a quick google on the issue and got this back :-  Before using a microSD card (not supplied) in your Walkman for the first time, be sure to format the microSD card using the Walkman by following the steps below. Formatting a microSD card will delete all data stored on the microSD card, so be careful not to delete important data.From the Home menu, select [SD Card Settings]. Select [Format SD Card] - [Yes]. All...