Posts by Mad Lust Envy

guys i'm about to go live, and I need you guys to tell me how the mic sounds. It's VERY finicky on the Ultrasone HS-15, as in it has issues plugging in correctly...
It's a WIRE with GAIN... On topic, I'd venture a guess and say the 560 would pair up best with warmish amps? Audio-GD stuff sounds ideal to me... always. Except the sabre ES9018 equipped ones which I found very neutral. Hope they got the Wolfson dac setups back in stock.
Yeah, I noticed. All I get is numbers and data. THEY NUMBERS... THEY MEAN EVERYTHING.
Meanwhile im getting people saying the O2 is more than enough for the HE4...
I have heard various times how many headphones sounded thin and lifeless on the O2.And just because a headphone gets loud enough doesnt mean it doesnt have all the dynamic potential coming out of them with a certain amp. The E9 drives the HE4 to screeching levels and then some. Still sounded convincingly stressed and lacking in dynamics, which isn't something the E9 lacks with many other headphones.But sure, you can putnup numbers and charts and what have you, but saying...
Oh hell no. The HE4 with an O2? You're kidding me. I wouldnt do anything I ess than something that can feed the HE4 at least 2 watts at its impedance. The O2 is crazy. Ive paired the HE4 up with an E9 (similar to the the O2 at the low impedance), Lyr (around or over 4 watts at the HE4s impedance), and SA-31 (nearly 10 watts). The HE4 sang its best with the SA31, and didn't even come remotely close to sounding half of its potential with the E9 (and I like the E9 a lot). It...
It has an inline mic, which I dont ever count as headphones with in line mics as headsets. Headsets to me are those with legitimate boom microphones. In line mics tend to fail next to boom mics. In line mics also tend to pick up more ambient noise and whatnot.
He prefers a warmer tone, which I gather is what he's trying to say. The same way Jerg has stated he prefers the more intimate, organic tone of the HE500, so would Matt, and so would I. Not saying we wouldn't like the 560, just saying a warmer than reference type balance is what some of us like, so we'd want something closer to the HE500 than the HE560. Kind of like me preferring the tonal balance of the Mad Dog over the Alpha Dog, though I am well aware that the Alpha...
Yeah, Head-fi in general over exaggerates how much open headphones leak if only to protect newbies from getting something they may regret if they need to keep volume to an absolute low level. The majority open headphones would only be audible in another room if a door was open, and the person in the other room was very close. This is the same with microphones. No microphone should pick up headphone audio under most circumstances, unless perhaps it was an overly sensitive...
You overestimate the amount of noise open headphones put out. Certainly not even remotely close enough for the Boom Pro to pick up. Perhaps an Electrostatic or a Planarmagnetic playing at high volumes, but for most headphones, that's a non-issue whatsoever. Not forgetting to add that open headphones would be leaking sound away from the microphone anyways.