Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Doesn't matter what impedance they are. Beyer did a good job of making the beyers sound 98% the same regardless of impedance, with the exception being the 770s which are all over the place. I owned 7 990s of different impedances, and they all sounded basically the exact same give or take a bit of refinement here or there. The general sound was the same. The 880 was a beast even in 32ohm form, but the treble can still be a bit more than people may want.
Ironically, the 'sones are rather inefficient volume-wise by design, though it's not due to power requirements. Still, they do behave like a hard to drive headphones in terms of needing more for volume. As comfy as they are (they are super comfy), they do hurt my right ear (I'm super sensitive there) after a bit, which is a shame. Guess I have to rely on my Koss clip ons for pure unadulterated comfort, but of course I'd love some audiophile SQ... and I don't feel like...
Nah, Change, can't be arsed to talk to them about this, as I told them to fix the build quality in future iterations. My friends just went back to Denmark after being with me for 3 weeks, and I gave him the DNA On Ear, since its not like I was using them, and they were given to me anyways. I prefer the Over Ear, which is great, and fits my head well, after breaking and being fixed with electrical tape, lol. And I agree, I've been incredibly lazy with amping and sources....
MUCH, MUCH more efficient. The LCD2 sounds fantastic off basically any thing you hook it up to. The HE4...does not. It requires synergy, and arguably, something with good power (not gonna debate this again).
I'm stating this, because the topic of discussion recently has been the pad swapping, which is something that many of us won't have a chance to do, if HFM no longer has any pre-production pads. So we'll be sitting here twiddling our thumbs, wondering and lusting for the pre-pads. THAT is why I'm irked. I have no doubt the current pads are fine, but knowing the old ones were better, and can no longer be had...well, surely you understand why some of us are salty. The...
Yup. They were scared that their ears wouldnt fit, and HFM promptly changed them. The few people who actually acquired the pre-pros didn't complain, which makes it all the more...just...ugh. Apparently, the pre pads had a sort of lip to tuck your ears into, giving enough clearance for ears to fit into, while the pro pads are walled. This leads me to believe the ear space wouldn't have been an issue regardless. I've owned headphones with small openings but ample space...
By sheer irony, my DNA On Ear also broke on one side, like my DNA over ear. This was after not having used them in a while and letting my friend borrow them. I mean, I expected this. The signs were there. Doesn't make it any less frustrating. I don't blame him. You have to baby the DNAs particularly at the hinges. It still works, though I had to apply quite of bit of black electrical tape. A bit less than last time though. Had I paid for these... I wouldn't have stood for...
I get that, but audiophiles live for miniscule improvements. Hell, we have people seriously trying to argue lossy vs lossless which is microscopic in comparison to the decibel differences between the pads at certain frequencies.Just knowing that the original pads sounded better (just looking at the graphs, it isn't hard to believe that) and were more comfy, before the fools started complaining about something they didn't even own yet, is frankly, quite upsetting. Because...
I sincerely hope HFM still has the old pads around... Minus 1 for the bitchy Headfi community for bitching about something that was more than likely a non-issue for the vast majority of people to begin with. That will teach you all to actually try a product before hopping on the 'change' bandwagon. Now people will probably have to resort to modding the new pads to get them to sound like the old ones. Old pads will become a rare commodity, exclusive to those who...
Pretty much cements my assumption that the HE-560 wouldn't be a headphone for me, at least in terms of an end be all headphone. I'm of the LCD2/HD650 loving crowd. Though having really enjoyed the Alpha Dog, I wouldn't say the HE-560's sonic presentation wouldn't be enjoyable. I'm definitely most hyped for the 400i.