or Connect

Posts by Mad Lust Envy

No. The only way I can do that is using the Xonar U3 to send PCM optical out to the X7. And I don't think I was getting the DSP to work this way, just stereo. I'll have to re-test later. Unfortunately, the games I have aren't well suited for testing. Even Red faction: Armageddon doesn't have a consistent sound that I can test well.It'd be SO much easier with console games. Ah well.
There is always a pop when sound format changes as well. For example, if watching Blu-rays where trailers, menus, and warning screens all tend to have various sound formats, and change each time. This will cause the X7 to pop. I.e. A trailer can be encoded in Dolby, then the next screen is PCM, then back to Dolby, etc. Each time the X7 has to decode a different format, the pop occurs. Limit this by just lowering the volume near zero until the movie starts.
DO NOT USE PCM. SBX doesn't work through PCM, so all you're getting is an expanded stereo effect, instead of when using Dolby Digital, where you get properly converted virtual surround for your headphones. You're losing proper surround emulation. Period. If you're someone who doesn't use virtual surround, and just play in stereo, then PCM is fine. But then, why bother with an X7, when any optical dac/standard headphone amp will do as well.
DTS does not work with Creative SBX. Choose Dolby D. I also get the random pops and noise once in a whle, sadly.
Direct only accepts PCM (not Dolby Digital, which is what your PS4 is probably sending out). Do not use direct. It doesn't allow you to use any sort of processing like SBX.
Yes, exactly. It's fine at first, but the longer you use it, the worst it gets.I honestly thought it blew out my drivers.The software doesn't alot of dynamic sounds going off at once. It sounds overworked.
I'm constantly getting clipping and pops with the Out Of Your Head software during heavy action. Sigh. Both on my Creative soundcard, and on the Xonar U3.
Just don't forget to bend the clips the way I posted on their review. It makes a drastic difference.
I'll pm him soon, so they can get with me on that.
Wait, I never said not to talk about that product. I simply meant that the last few pages sounded like an ad. This is a thread to talk about such products, after all. The only one I'd be willing to test out is the AD700 looking one, as I'm tired of testing closed headphones. I hate 3D wings, but for the sake of the rest of you guys, I'm not against having impressions on the headphone.