or Connect

Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Seriously. Only get the DSS if you don't find yourself using a mic often.
Plenty of games benefit from virtual surrund. Say an action game, where you are looking for secret items. Some games, these secret items make a distinct sound. You can hear which direction the sound is coming from and find the item that much easier. Virtual surround is literally an extra layer of immersion for any game that supports it properly.
The 1840 and 1540 sound quite different. I wouldn't give Shure a 'house sound' at least from the two I've heard.
They are a valid alternative to the K70x line, but I feel they need the price to match the mid-level performers. $500 is too much. It's been too long though I can't say where it stands today for me.
I disagree on speaker placement not being ideal for placing sounds. It's what's been used for Dolby headphone, THX tru Studio, Creative SBX to name a few, and it's MUCH easier to pinpoint audio directions than any other alternative, IMHO (asides from pure 360 degree, circular soundfield which aren't widely available, and I know little about).When you acclimatize your ears to hearing the difference between how things sound in front and behind you, it may as well be a cheat...
It definitely has potential. If they get all the kinks ironed out, this could be one of the best gaming solutions on PC.
Hey there, so I was sent a trial for this, and I gotta say, I'm quite impressed with some of the presets. I'm a huge virtual surround gamer (Having used Dolby headphone devices, Creative Tru Studio, Creative SBX, Beyerdynamic Headzone, Razer Surround etc). The OOYH software has some truly comparable presets (though I feel the default preset isn't convincing enough, so you'd have to find a better one). Some presets are pretty lackluster, and don't seem to do 7.1 emulation...
So, just a little testing of the Out Of Your Head software (I'm just gonna call it OOYH from now on). Note: For best results, it is DEFINITELY better to use a neutral-ish/flat signature headphone, because the presets have an EQ-effect on the sound, and may be a bad match with your colored headphones. The software is essentially recording how certain speaker setups sound like, so having a bass heavy headphone playing a bass heavy recorded preset would obviously not be...
I figured out what was causing my clipping issue with the Our of your head software, I had the channels at 6.00db on the last two sliders (don't remember raising those). Put them to 0, and no more clipping. Also figured out that I have to put my audio device back to my default, since turning on the software causes it to jump to it as the default device, which isn't necessary (as long as in the software, you put the output as the device you're using, in my case, the Xonar...
Just wanna say POE 42 is stupid easy with a group of three. The challenge is to ONLY kill adds with precision shots, and NOT to use any supers that kill (since that means you're killing adds without precision). Kill the wave of adds, attack boss, clear reinforcement adds, attack boss, rinse and repeat. Do NOT kill the bosses quickly, or it's a wasted run. You wanna aim for 30,000 at the very least (for the guaranteed high level weapon). Got almost 45,000 points with two...