Posts by Mad Lust Envy

The construction is actually VERY solid. The arms and headband are the exact same metal as the Beyers 770/880/990/T70, meaning, rugged as all hell. You would literally have to be an absolute clumsy bastard to break these. I haven't listened to them for long, but I can already say that their signature is already much more appealing to me than the all the other Beyers I've reviewed. This is not to say it's technically better than the rest. I'm referring to subjective...
Received the Custom One Pro Plus from Beyerdynamic today. First impressions is that, I absolutely lovee their headband (holy comfy cushion Batman!). SO much better than the headbands used on either Pro/Premium DT770/880/990/T70 lines. Haven't had much real time with them other than nothing how comfy they are (still wish they had included DT770 velours in the package, though the pleather is super soft and comfy). The included audio cable seems to be defective (cuts off...
Earfonia, you are an absolute credit to this forum.
That's what everyone says about every single loved headphone ever. If it's well liked, regardless of whether it needs it or not, amping will always make a difference even when it doesn't. Sometimes i think people just really wanna justify their equipment purchases. What do i think? The X2 is sensitive to an amp's inherent signature/tonality, not it's power. Hell, I'd say the same about the DAC. The X2 is not demanding whatsoever.
They look so similar, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same OEM.
I don't think the D7000 is that impactful at all. It was all sub bass rumble. Actually felt the mid bass punch to be well controlled. Certainly did not sound like what the graphs imply to me, at all. I feel the D7000 sounds like what the TH900 graphs look like. And FWIH, the TH900 has more in common with the D7000 than the TH600. http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%5D=3841&graphID%5B%5D=283 The D7000 doesn't sound like that at all. That...
Graphs only paint a small picture. Have you seen the D7000's graphs? Yet, no one can ever contest how massive the sub bass is on the D7000. Same as the Urbanite On Ear. The Bass and mids are like a perfectly straight line, yet the Urbanite has some very, very strong bass (though mids stay just as forward). I have heard it all the time: The 400i's bass just isn't going to win any favors from people who like some good energy in their bass. People can justify it all day,...
The mediabridge cables on Amazon are plenty good enough. I don't have an issue with my stock cable.
Having less bass than the 7XX is an issue i don't want out of a $500 headphone. I consider the 7XX's bass as my limit for how i want my bass. I love magical mids, but not when the bass is weaker.
So i received a call from customer service (I was asleep), and they left a message saying they don't have stock to replace it with, so they wanna offer me a refund.At this point, I'm perfectly fine with my X2, and don't wanna get a refund and risk getting another lemon. I've returned too many times on Amazon, and don't wanna go through that process needlessly anymore.I don't trust Vmoda's cable either, as people have reported some cables having resistance almost as bad as...