or Connect

Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I'm gona say no. Creative would've announced it, and it would've been obvious like it is on the newer device that has that feature.
It has issues when it wants. Sometimes I can turn it on and it will switch to headphones without issues, other times I have to manually unplug the headphones and plug them back in for the X7 to allow me to switch between speakers/headphones. These are things that need to be QC'd before release. As it stands, the X7 is a potential headphone killer, in that it can go to driver killing volunmes due to the stupid inability to confirm headphone/speaker differences at...
Evs, you or anyone know what is the SBX equivalent to the U3 that send the dsp through its optical out? I'd have mentioned it, but since I don't know what devices they are, I default to saying the U3 for DH, and similar devices for SBX or CMSS-3D. I assume for SBX it's the X-fi GO, but not sure it transmits SBX through the optical, or if it even has an optical out to begin with. As for the Kannon.... if it uses a modified M50 driver... that is already a bad sign for...
So you've gone and used the older HE400 and LCD2, EQ-ed bass and tested next to the Kannon? Because I'm doubting this. Bass isn't all the sudden going to give you an advantage in any shape or form. It adds to immersion, not much more. As long as a headphone has an audible tone for bass down to whatever depths you think are important, 'feeling' it doesn't add anything. Planars are fantastic in that they are ruler flat down to the very bottom depths of sound (particularly...
Pulse, and Skullcandy Crusher have bass transducers like that. It's a nifty gimmick, but overall, it's just that a gimmick that doesn't help gaming in any way. I liked the Crusher. Just wouldn't use them for gaming as the vibration started getting annoying. Get a planarmagnetic and eq bass. You'll get all the sub-30hz rumble you want. HE-400 is fantastic for that, as is the older LCD2.
Those are very good headphones. If you're looking at your price range, forget getting anything., You'll just be side grading all day. If you want improvements, prepare to pay double or more before it starts making any real difference. And again, we're talking REFINEMENT, and not something that is twice as good.
Apples to a slightly different apple. A waste of money. Either keep the K612, or save up for something bigger and better. We are talking about a game of subtleties. Just because you go from a K612 to an AD700x or HD800 doesn't mean that aoll the sudden you're gonna hear something you've never heard in the game. Headphones are about refinement, not all the sudden hearing things in a game that were non-existent before (unless you had a very veiled, undetailed headphone). I...
To be fair, it could be in a heavy smoker's home and be near mint. The HE-400 may habe been left out on a headphone stand without use, but exposed to the in home elements. I have never smoked, or never would, mind you, but these are questions the buyers should ask if it's a big deal.
And for the love of god, Massdrop, contact Hifiman for some updated ORIGINAL HE400. Double-sided magnet, big body bass included, with less treble. You'd make an absolute MINT off them. We want a true HE-400 successor, not these 400i and 400s headphones that don't even sound anything like an HE400. TRUST ME ON THIS. If you got HFM to do this with you, you'd make a LOT of people happy. For someone who has owned TH900s and various other headphones, only to come back to...
Damn, I didn't even realize it was an August release. Holy cow, that's the back half of the year. It feels like we barely just started 2016.