or Connect

Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Seriously, if/when you guys do something with that double-sided magnet 400 driver... (single ended magnet drivers lacks the power in sound of the older HFM planars), a lot of us are gonna jump all in. Bunch of headphones later, I still go back to the original HE-400, despite its flaws (which is why an improvement is what we'd like). Good luck with these, however. The price points sound like these will be quite popular themselves.
I'm all in for the PS4 Neo. I'm tired of my console games that run sub-30fps, with screen tearing and whatever other unpolished, underpowered nonsense we get. If it weren't for exclusives and JRPGs mainly, I'd have done away with the PS4 and whatever consoles there are. If the Neo can at last, AT LAST run games at the very least 1080p/30fps without those fps drops, it's worthwhile. I expect more than that, so I will be happy. Considering games will be optimized for bare...
Don't mean to be a negative nancy, but a huge opportunity was missed here.An HE-400 redux is what a LOT of people want. If you guys can work on that and do what HFM refuses to do, even though it's been asked for years, the potential success is something you shouldn't take lightly.The HE400i and HE400S are successors only in name, and have more in common with other HFM headphones, NOT the HE-400.
I remember posting how I wanted HFM to get in contact with Massdrop take the ORIGINAL HE-400, and make a worthy successor, with it's best traits, same bass, with less of the zingy treble. We have been asking for it for YEARS now, only to get fake HE-400 successors that sound nothing like the original, and in fact took away what made the HE-400 popular to begin with. So to my surprise, I see HFM and Massdrop collaborated...only to find they worked on the WRONG...
My internal Creative soundcard loves to default to stereo whenever I restart the computer, plug in headphones, or even sneeze in another room. The X7... those who follow that thread know the problems that thing has. So yeah, PC gaming can be a hassle at times. I can always count on the Xonar U3 though. That's a miraculous, affordable piece of kit. Never, ever had a problem with it. Darin has assured me the gain issue is the software and will get it fixed, so at least...
So I noticed the OOYH software has a mind of its own with my PC, where no matter what I do to lower gain on specific presets and save them, it will save them at completely different values, sometimes mismatched. Say, I want all channels at -4.29, I'll save, go back to the preset, restart the program, etc, and the values will be like at -3ish, with one channel being at 0, etc. It's been a product of frustration for me, so I told Darin I'm kinda over testing the software....
10khz is definitely the worst area on the HE-400. 1khz is nothing.
Joe, holy hell. I usually complain about configuring virtual surround on typical virtual surround capable soundcards, but damn, your stuff is a LOT more complicated. I'm gonna save the page, and try it out at some point.
Fix the pads were the stitch line matches up on both and both sit next to the front side screws holding the headband. Right now, your pads are horribly misaligned. edit: Oh, I don't know if the Focus A are even angled, so it may not matter for those.
I can confirm that OOYH does work with the Xonar U3 sending a PCM signal to the X7's spdif input, and it retains OOYH virtual surround (make sure DH is turned off on the U3, for obvious reasons). Also, even thought I thought it possible, DH doesn't work on the U3 with OOYH in bypass mode. I'm sure that is because the OOYH software outputs 2 channels to whatever your output device is, so neither my internal soundcard capable of THX TS, or the U3 with DH won't work while...