Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I'm feeling productive, so you guys may see the 15G review something soon. I left it half done for a few months. Figured I may as well do it as a potential recommendation for an open, bassy, comfy headphone under $100. Not many open bassy cans, let alone, one as potent as the 15G.
I'm skeptical about this one, as it looks like they changed nothing from the X1, except the color scheme. If Philips STILL hasn't addressed the pads being non-removable after ALL the complaints everywhere online, then they don't deserve a penny. Those new drivers better give eargasms upon first listen at that ridiculously high price.
I like how the X2 looks exactly the same as the X1, catering to small heads yet again. Those drivers better give out orgasms. And if the pads aren't removable after ALL the complaints...well, shame on Philips. A headphone I will surely never, EVER try, at that ridiculous price point.
I just posted the pic, does the back look like that? if so, it's the older one, if not, it's the newer...
If you look at the backside of the pads, does it have an clear plastic bottom with 4 'teeth' or tabs that are what hold the pads in place on the headphone? Chances are, if you do... you're gonna have a hell of a time putting it back on, and possibly break a tab in the process. Those pads are the old models, and they were softer, more comfortable, but more problematic than the newer velour pads. they also had a sort of hard glue around the inner rim of the pad's openings,...
Problem is, which velours do you have? The original velours from years ago with the bad clear plastic tabs, or the newer velours that are a bit stiffer and not as comfy, without the clear plastic tabs of rage.
I loved the Shure Alcantaras when I borrowed a friend's 1840. Wasn't quite proper for the 1840, but I felt the Alcantaras had the possibility of being a good replacement for headphones that the pads can fit on and were used to a good seal from leather/pleather. Sounds like something special with the HE-4. I always thought they could stand to be warmer, though i only tried the HE-4 with the original, super comfy velours. Not sure they still use the original velours now, or...
You went from hearing that it doesn't need a strong amp, and then mentioning the Lyr 2 which is a monster of an amp...
Foam tips are the only tips I can live with on IEMs, but on every IEM I've owned, it has killed the highs, and made things overly bassy. And yes, I've inserted them correctly. I just have bad luck with IEMs.
I live in a perpetual state of fan noise, and I've used open headphones since the beginning. I've learned to mentally block my fans out regardless. I can't live without a fan. Even with something as open as the MA900 or HE-400, fan noise really doesn't bother me.