Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Only the HE4, 400i, and 560 are singled sided. The Abyss as well, though not Hifiman.
Give me a little bit, I may take you up on your offer in like a month. like I said, I KNOW I'll love the 400i. That's not the point here. The point here is that I want an actual improved 400, not 500 lite. Raven, fully aware its the upper mid recession that makes the bass stand out. I'm 100% fine with that. What I'm not ok with is the sudden spike in treble after that. If they just lowered that spike to a more realistic level, they wouldn't even need to raise the upper...
I've been told I have apologist's ears. As in I can listen to basically any headphone, and like what it does despite its flaws. This is true, though certainly not for awful headphones.I've heard enough headphones to know that I would like both the 500 and 400i based on all I have read. Certainly not going to find either horrible, lol.I have also used enough headphones to know that if I spend 500 on a pair of headphones, I don't want a lesser bass presentation than what the...
I dunno Matt. Qhile it may be better, I still prefer the 400's bass over pretty much everything I have heard that was 'better' and more linear. I expect an actual improved 400, with the 400i. This isn't that. It's a different flavor of 500 with less weight. So...I dunno. I'm not denying it be a better can. Just wish it was a better 400, like it's name. Alpha Dog is better than the Mad Dog, yet I still prefer the Mad Dog's balance. DT880 is better than the 990, yet I still...
The K612 is better than the 598. The Q701 would be a more natural progression though.
For $50, the 15G is right where it should be. I think thats the perfect price point for a great fun can, as long as people understand that its S-Logic = distant presentation. It works unbelievably well with Dolby Headphone.
Yeah. I mean, I've owned the 400 twice. It really hits many of my sweet spots. I don't mind the treble, but it definitely needs to be toned down to broaden it's appeal. I wonder what the new focus pads do to the 400. As well as the 1540 alcantara pads.
Kind of disappointed that the 400i is doing away with the BEST part of the 400. Really fumbled the ball by calling it an improved 400, especially since it's taking more cues from the 500 instead. I would easily go for an ACTUAL improved 400, one with the same bass, with the main thing improved being the ridiculous treble emphasis on the 400. A considerable reduction of the treble would make the upper mids stand out, making the 400 a more pleasing headphone overall, and...
With either, you'll lose a bit of tonal clarity, as they're both warmer and fuller sounding, taking a bit of attention away from the more dry, mid forwardness of the 598 in comparison. Due to the thicker sound, the 598 will also sound a little more spacious. However, all 3 are stellar performers, with the AKGs being more fun and immersive, while still being very detailed, just...warmer and more fleshed out. As for the HD800, there is no way it'd get top marks in every...
Edit: nvm