Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Even so, the TH900 has a very expansive soundstage, that can fool you.
They do, but it only works with a PC as a source (meaning no consoles).
Conquer, let me know how it goes.
You can read all the love the people have for the TH900's soundstage, which is absolutely massive, unlike what the closed back constraints would lead people to believe. It reachs far out. With terrific depth. Soundstage is something people wont have an issue with the Th900. The TH900 also has a pretty big spike between 5-6khz, though due to the lower end, is masked quite well. Oh yes, the TH900 is one of the best low tl moderate volume headphones, if not the best I've...
The Alpha Dog is more linear, richer in the mids, but a bit more rough in the treble. The TH900s sub bass is considerably more satisfying. The Alpha Dog has more meat in the midbass than the TH900. That's actually a very vaild comparison, as I feel they both do soundstage like no other closed headphone's I've heard (though the TH900 isolates a bit poorly, though much better than something like an X2 which just leaks horribly, obviously). I feel though the TH600's tonal...
So doing some more comparing between the TH600 and 900. Going from the TH900 to the TH600 is like losing a little luster, shine, and a little emotion. The TH900 is that first, fresh cup of coffee in the morning. The TH600 has been sitting in the thermos a bit, by comparison. Again, this is just a direct comparison between them, and not to the detriment of the TH600 which is a stellar pair of headphones. Just know you gain a bit of musicality with the TH900. The TH600...
I would have absolutely bought these a few weeks ago... dammit.
The 1540 is more like the X1 in terms if tonality. The X2 is more balanced. I dunno man, I like the X2 pretty much more than anybother open headphone I've owned, simply because it does all things incredibly well. The 1540 is still recessed in the mids, and the bass is a bit rough at loud volumes. No headphone is perfect anyways. Hell the TH600 and 900 have that rough spot at 5khz. I suggest getting the 1540 due to it being closed. Its still technically more capable than...
I need an adapter? I never opamp rolled before except putting the Moon opamp on my Audio GD gear. No adapters.