Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Never, ever found the mids recessed. In fact, anyone findings recessed mids on the X2 must be quite used to FORWARD mids, because the X2 mids are very on the level, and neither recessed nor forward to my ears. They sound perfectly in line with what I feel is the flat line between upfront or laidback.
My X2 review is gonna be awhile, but I'll just say the X2 is a stellar all rounder, and will be fantastic for both fun and competitive (leaning a little more on fun, but not as heavily tilted as the X1).
A simpler example of what I'm confused about: (This is seriously what i should've started the topic with. Sorry, it's really late at the moment) Step 1: Fiio E17 dac only - line out to Schiit Vali - volume pot at about 40% to hit my sweet spot vs Step: 2 Fiio E17 - headphone jack out to Schiit Vali - certain volume setting on the E17 = same volume as step 1. I assume: Would going LOWER in volume on the E17 for step 2 (meaning sending out a lower than line level signal...
I guess one can simply compare using a standard DAC to an amp and seeing what level you prefer the volume at as the first test, then try again by going from a dac to an amp to another amp, and seeing how far in volume the first amp has to be to match the volume level from the first test. A simpler example of what I'm confused about: (This is seriously what i should've started the topic with. Sorry, it's really late at the moment) Step 1: Fiio E17 dac only - line out to...
Ah, well... I assume, like when you lower software volume on PC on say a 16 bit source, you lose some fidelity. I assumed it's the same thing if you under line level when double amping... Unless the first amp retains all the data from the dac regardless of volume level. I ask these questions because, well i obviously don't know all the scientific mumbo jumbo behind double amping. Like say those who use portable amps attached to their cellphone's headphone jacks (if they...
Okay, I know how taboo double amping is in general, so no need to tell me that it's bad, etc. Thing is, lots of us video gamers NEED to double amp certain gaming headphone devices due to inadequate amp sections. We use these devices to impart their virtual surround features, which are a significant benefit to many of us (yes, DSPs that cause 5.1 signals to be downmixed and virtualized into 2 channel, very much like the Smyth Realizer and the Beyerdynamic Headzone (not the...
Then that has nothing to do with the headphone amp section, but something to do with the chat capability. So many factors that can cause problems there, all which I'm not well versed in. I ws just referring to the Mixamp alone vs double amped hiss, which people seem to think has more with an attached amp. I'm here to say that there isn't 'more' if you were to have the same exact volume level. Double amping has more hiss simply because you're pushing the volume higher than...
As for Mixamp hiss, I'm pretty damn certain the hiss isn't dependent on Mixamp volume, and regardless of whether you reach a certain decibel level with the Mixamp alone or double amped, you'll get the same amount of hiss. You get more hiss with an attached amp, because you are getting a louder decibel level in general vs Mixamp alone (hence why you're probably double amping in the first place). I'm pretty sure lowering your Mixamp volume is actually reducing your bit...
My laptop has a built in Recon 3Di. When I game on Pc and I'm away from home, I just connected my headphones directly to the laptop. THX TS is fine enough. Sure, I prefer DH, but it's not like THX is far behind. They're both perfectly capable for me.Also, I have no idea where my Xonar U3 went. I think I lost it when I moved out of my apartment. Too lazy to lug that around and constantly hook it up to my laptop when I'm on the go, anyways.
I only went down from 100%, because for some reason, I started getting dialogue echo on Dragon Age Inquisition. Lowered it to 80%, and that's gone. Note: I'm on THX Tru Studio, not SBX, though fairly sure Creative Control panel for SBX is very much the same as THX Tru Studio.