Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I'm wondering just how much you're missing by running the HE-4 off such a weak amp. The loss in dynamics and authority must be pretty significant. Just going back what I heard with the E9 which is powerful 'enough' for the HE-4 and how utterly lacking it was when compared to the Lyr and SA-31. I say this being a big fan of the E9 and how good it sounds with most headphones (even those with impedance too low for the 1/8th rule). The HE-4 sounded positively strained off the...
Yes, that's if you go deep into game's settings, and do some workaround, etc. I certainly don't have time for that, and FWIR, most new games don't even support it.
The Recon 3D is like the Mixamp in that it takes in a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal. You can't get vertical positional cues from something deisgned to give horizontal speaker cues. For vertical audio placement, that's PC gaming territory, and that's something that seems to be limited to much older games, with some algorithms no longer used, etc. Nameless knows a lot more about that.
Dude, if you game on PC, don't use the Mixamp. AT cheapest, get a Xonar U3. If you have an optical dac (cheapest being a Fiio D03k), you can completely bypass the Xonar's amp and dac, and just send the Dolby Headphone signal to your own amp/dac. I have one, and I send the signal to my Fiio E17 amp/dac (which has an optical input). Sounds great, and the U3 is hella cheap.It's not worth spending more on a better pc device, since you only need it to send the signal to your...
You're better off finding an older Marantz or Harman Kardon receiver with Dolby Headphone.The SU-DH1 may not hiss, but it's internal amp thins up the sound a bit. I find the Mixamp to sound better, with the exception of hiss. The SU-DH1's best thing is the ability to decode DTS (though the PS4 now has settings to output Dolby for everything), and that it can do DH-1, and DH-3 (whereas the Mixamps and most other similar devices do DH-2 only. DH-1 sounds more refined and...
Ironically, I'm a lone wolf, and rarely ever play with friends. When I play TDM, I basically just do my own thing. When i play FFA and Gun Game... I tend to dominate, lol. Must be all that lone wolf style of gaming. I find that playing as a lone wolf has more advantages for me, as I get to do my own thing without having teammates give away my position with their loud as hell footsteps, etc. Also, they tend to get me killed by blocking my exits, etc. I maintain focus when...
I believe that was in BLOPS2, not Ghost. Since I actively play Ghosts, I wish it made it to this game. But perks tend to have a counter perk, so am i correct to assume there was some perk that would keep these players hidden? I mean like, being able to see them through walls like infrared, IF they stand still. I think BLOPS2 has that, but not sure how well implemented it is.
Has there been any comments regarding the difference or similarities with the K601 and K612 Pro? Regardless of the whatever AKG may say, I'd like to know if they sound alike, or if they are the same internally. I tried searching a few pages, but didn't see if there was posts comparing the two, despite the topic title being about those two, lol.
Black Ops 2. My problem with the more recent CoD games is that the maps are getting too big, and too cluttered. There are so many paths, corners, and the like, and it really starts to benefit campers. Ghost is the same way, but it being the only CoD this new gen, I still play it. I wish we could get a 1080p perfect port for MW1 and Black Ops 1. Corner campers are the bane of CoD games. I can't freaking stand campers that literally hug corner somewhere waiting for others...
Yeah, output impedance is a spec that is rarely stated.