Posts by Mad Lust Envy

Stillhart, just because my gaming impressions for the headphones are surround related, the reviews themselves are based on the headphone's own sound, not related to surround (that section is specifically in the soundstage/positioning sub sections of the reviews).
A high power, high efficiency Class-D digital amplifier TPA3116D2 delivers up to 100W power (2 x 50W @ 4Ω*), allowing you to connect to passive bookshelf or tower speakers. The Sound Blaster X7 features an impedance switch to select between 4Ω and 8Ω to match your speakers to deliver the best audio performance."Excitement has dissipated entirely. I'm pretty certain the impedance switch is for the SPEAKER output, not the headphone one. I'm willing to bet it's the typical...
Well, they just lost a sale.
Never mind, the impedance switch is for the speaker output, not headphone.
That kills the X7 for me. I mean, for $280, I would've went for it but 10ohms right now is not something want. The X2 is gonna be my main headphone, and at 30-ish ohms, sensitive at that, it doesn't make sense to get the X7. What specifically irritates me is how these amps are made to use headsets which are almost always low ohm and sensitive. Can't have everything, even if they got close. I prefer the X1 over the 598 every single time. They sound quite different so...
If only Creative would give a definitive answer on the X7's output impedance. I dont want guesses. I want an answer. Tyll posted a pretty good article on output impedance quite recently, and what it does. No matter how you slice it, too high an impedance will negatively affect a headphone's sound. $280 sounds quite tasty for what the X7 does, but that final road block is a big one for me. If Im gonna spend the money on such a great product, i wanna ensure that it makes...
Yes, how about people actually test their cables instead of just +1ing a post. People wouldnt typically have any issues with the stock X1 cable if no one brought it up either, so saying you have no issues with the vmoda cable doesnt help anyone. Its been proven that the Vmoda cable has been rated anywhere from .5 ohm to 1.5ohm. 1.5ohm is very close to the stock cable's 1.8ohm, and wouldn't exactly fix any problems the stock cable has. You want to recommend cables KNOWN to...
Simply saying that while some have good vmoda cabkes, there have also been vmoda cables with a really high impedance, like the stock X1 cable, which defeats the very reason people are replacing the cable. This is why i say to go with cables known to not vary like the vmoda cables.
People keep blindly suggesting the Vmoda, while its been known to vary on its resistance, sometimes approaching the X1 cable's high resistance. I would suggest something known to be consistently low resistance, like the Media bridge cables.
A DAC chip is just a part of the equation. Many DACs use the same chip yet are different. For example, the Sabre ES9018 is used on cheaper DACs, and the highest end DAC out, IIRC. Don't assume the Modi 2 will just be OK because of its DAC chip.