Posts by Mad Lust Envy

X2 would fix your fit issues.The X1 was at it's absolute limit with my head AND metal bending. The X2 doesn't need anything.
The X7 will work fine for the HD800. It has a 300ohm impedance, well within what the X7 can handle well. As for the huge impedance spike on the HD800, that may not be perfectly handled by the X7, but that would only result in less authority where the spike lives. In any case, I probably wouldn't consider the HD800 the best headphone for the X7's slight lean tilt. I'm sure Feg is using his own stuff in addition to the X7 anyways.
Me and Army did too, but nothing good. Just one more Fatebringer and I'll be happy.
Destiny has some good testing audio cues as well. The waterfalls between Mothyards and Forgotten Shore are a highlight.
I believe one is for the software side, and one is for the hardware side, so yes.
So commendations are going away. But what's awesome is that if you have a stockpile of them (like I do), you can shard them for 250 rep EACH. Seeing as I have almost 30 Crucible commendations (from having Dead orbit class item equipped for such a long time), and them being useless to me (as I don't ever earn crucible marks due to basically never playing Crucible), this will be a good way to level up Crucible rep, which I have basically neglected since the release of the...
In any case,m if you're juding athe tonality of an amp by just measurements, may as well quit this hobby now. Practically ALL amps measure completely flat, yet people will tell you just how one amp is warm and the other is bright. You may not hear it, doesn't make it less true. Same with dacs.
Not many people are going to like the Pro 900. It has an very metallic, artificial tone, and aggressive as all hell, piercing highs. The bass is all mid bass, with a notable sub bass roll off off, and mids are *quite* recessed. It's a polarizing headphone, for sure. I hate S-Logic as well. I like iot for certain things, but it's not a headphone easy to recommend. Ear fatigue is an absolute problem.
I always review headphones with deidacted amps and dacs.
It has been said plenty of times that the Magni is slightly bright. As is Schiit's balanced amp, etc. It is not a secret. We;re not talking traditional EQ boosting brightness. Just subtle enough to make headphones just a hair brighter. This is not coming solely from me. This has been known for quite some time. I find it inconceivable that people would think ALL amps have a flat FR. Hell, like I said, my X7 has a DOCUMENTED bass roll off of less than a decibel. Yes, it's...