or Connect

Posts by Mad Lust Envy

My stepfather recently got the curved version (65KS8500). It really is a solid TV. HDR looks fantastic on it. I currently have an LG C6 Oled, and wouldn't have been mad with a KS8000/8500.
I'm someone who passed on TLOU when it first released. I rented it and was a bit disappointed in the little I played. When the remaster came out, I thought I'd give it another chance. Man, I have never been so upset at myself for not continuing to play it last gen. The game blew me the hell away. 10/10, Masterpiece, would bang again. I'm very, very excited about TLOU II. Not gonna lie though, I was expecting a FFVII Remake trailer. But this was a very nice consolation...
I really can't get into online period. ANy game remotely popular with an online component will be dragged down by the worst of its community. CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch, Street Fighter, etc. It's why I mainly stick to single player. As for single player on PC, hmm, I usually stick to deals on slightly older games. I did buy Gears 4 though. It was good. But that game didn't innovate a damn thing. CoD has an excuse: they release it yearly. Gears 4 doesn't, but somehow that...
They are separate installs. However, they do have an option in the games to launch the other. Whether they'll allow MWR to be played without IW in your system, I wouldn't know.Here's the funny thing: I think Infinite Warfare is the best CoD in years, since MW2, personally. It's easily the best campaign in recent memory, and the multiplayer feels right.I'm having more fun with it than MWR. Though, that's probably because people seem to have turned MWR into 99% sniping and...
I really like the 810c. It was a main contender for me about half a year ago, but I wanted smaller and went with the 830c at the time, but man, the IPS panel on the 830c was so awful and washed out. The video processing and upscaling was perfect though. The 810c would've been perfect if I wanted 55" back then. I didn't have much interest in HDR, and the 810c had a VA panel which was ideal. In the end, all my plans flew out the window and I ended up with a 55" anyways, and...
Once you go black you'll never go back, as they say. As impressive as the store demos are for the OLEDs, taking it home and testing it with your own stuff is a revelation. The contrast blows the hell out of everything I've seen today. In black screens, the TV looks like it's off. The colors...everything is phenomenal.It's not perfect, as I see some black crush in the lowest levels of shadow detail, which fluctuate depending on brightness of the overall image. This is one...
The Anniversary is newer, and I'm sure they fixed the inconsistent driver variation inconsistencies of the 770s from before. I'd go for that one instead of the regular one.People who don't think the 770 Pro 80 isn't that bass heavy are utter bassheads. Yes, it doesn't have a ton of mid bass, but sub bass is prolific, and will command the rest of the sound. I'd personally get something not so boomy, really. Having not heard the Anniverary, I dunno how much it's changed, but...
Yeah, I dont put too much stock into closed headphones, since I dont really desire or need to restrict headphones in that manner. But the few I have reviewed have generally been solid. If probably look into the DT770 32ohm variants.
My experiences with the 880 would suggest to me that due to the brighter signature, it will sound more airy and sharper, but is still a bit average in terms of soundstage and positional cues compared to the 7XX. And everyone here knows that the 880 doesn't match the AKGs in width. Width has been the AKG forte for the 700 series for years now (to the point of people calling the soundstage egg shaped). 880 is GOOD, but not bigger. Also questionable on soundstage depth, which...
I feel Ultrawide 1600p monitors are in a bad position. You can't set 4K on them. I think it'd make much more sense to just buy a 4K monitor, and set that 3840x1600 res whenever you want the ultrawide experience. I'd need 4K for the PS4 Pro, because it doesn't accept odd resolutions like that. People with 1440p monitors are screwed, as the Pro will lock them down to 1080p. Sony should've allowed the Pro to accept a 1440p res, and just downsample from 4K.If it's simply for...