or Connect

Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I love video games. I love anime. However, I don't tend to like when they bleed into one another. Anime tropes and sensibilities tend to just irritate the hell out of me in video games. I don't know, it cheapens games to me. Anime for the past few years has been a race to release the best Moe waifus. This was basically a niche genre back in the 90s. Now, it's 90% of what's being released. So when I see it occuring in video games, it is an instant turn off. Now, you can't...
Damn it feels good to see the Schiit Jotunheim, after having lengthy debates here with people who argued that Schiit would never do a full dac/amp. All I can do is be smug and laugh internally. You can't ignore demand. Too bad I rarely touch my headphone stuff now. But MAN, I'd have instantly ordered the Jotunheim had it been released a few years ago.
Fire Emblem has more in common with Final Fantasy tactics, than any standard Final Fantasy. That said, I loved the GBA Fire Emblem games, and Radiant Dawn for the Wii. The latter ones, not as much. It became anime weeaboo nonsense with waifu marriages, and whatnot. I'm from a time when anime wasn't so copypasta, which now has spilled over into anime-esque games like FE: A and the newest ones. I didn't hate FE: A, but the anime stuff was irritating. This is coming from an...
This is simply not true.You can get by with a $600 rig that spanks the hell out of the PS4. I haven't paid more than $15 for a game on PC outside of select few brand new releases, which I tend to pay $40 on. After like 2-3 months, most games drop to about $20, a few months after, they're like $5-$15. PC gaming literally pays for itself.I say this as someone who grew up with an Atari, Nintendo, and such forth. PC gaming is relatively new to me, getting heavily into it the...
Never had a problem with game installs doing anything to Windows 7, 8, 10. Whether Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc.
I'd probably get these, as I heard nothing but good things about them, and it's from the same line as the soundbar I used to have. The bookshelf speakers are said to be the best of the entire line, and the price seems decent. https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS22-LR-Designed-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers/dp/B008NCD2LG/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1471969786&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=andrew+jones+bookshelf Assuming the X7LE can power them properly. I have a large desk 78",...
Was a console heavy gamer, but the past 2 years or so, I have found myself buying PC version of games, mainly because you can optimize them any way you want. I'm still someone who NEEDS to use a gamepad, so I don't benefit from keyboard and mouse (as I never learned to correctly use a keyboard, and have to look at it to type.) Trying to play PC games with a keyboard is alien to me, and I can't find myself adjusting every time I try. It physically bothers me to have my...
Hah, living 'at home', all that would be wasted. I actually used the HE400 after like 2 months, today, while playing 'Inside'. Great game, from the creators of Limbo. Once I build a PC (waiting on Kaby Lake, assuming the rumor is true that they'll make the newer processors for both LGA1151, and a new socket, so I can just get a mobo with a new socket to last a few years), I'll opt for a decent stereo bookshelf speaker setup to hook up to the X7LE. Any affordable...
Looks like the PS4 Slim doesn't have an optical out, for some horrible reason. They better not do the same with the Neo, or I'm boycotting.
Angled drivers are made angled so the drivers could be parallel to your ear openings. It doesn't negatively impact virtual surround DSPs.