Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I love how the customer service either hangs up or NEVER hears me. I got in contact with them yesterday, and they were updating the 'system' so they couldn't look up my info and asked me to call today. Just what in the hell is going on with this company? This is exactly why I'm returning these. I can't deal with this if my X2 messes up completely. This is a damn nightmare. edit: Got through, and of course she says they are still having problems with the system and to try...
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not here looking for bass, or basshead, or whatnot. There are plenty of headphones with bass I like and have heard. What I want, what I crave, is the particular bass that is undeniably ALL Fostex. The Denon D7000 (and I assume the D2000 and D5000) had bass that was simply just.... completely different from any other headphone I'd ever heard whether the bass was stronger or weaker. I simply want something in the realm of the type of bass...
I've heard about how high quality the TH900's bass is, so I don't understand how it can gain to be even more control. That just sounds like obvious reduction to appease those that want a flatter signature. I'm not one of those people. It's not often you get a flagship headphone with some balls to not go the samey (neutral as possible) route as most of the others.
Not interested in Lawton mods. I wanna know about them in stock form. If I wanted more control, I'd buy a headphone with less bass output. I've even been told the Lawton mods took away some of the Denon magic from the 7000 (some who have directly compared stock vs modded directly, instead of just going off memory, considering expectation bias and all). Not what I'd want whatsoever.
Yeah, i still own it, but have no desire to revisit the game until House of Wolves, and only because i paid for it. I'll just be doing the story missions and the strikes, just to see them After that I'm done. I didn't even do the Crota raid, but at least i saw it online. Not interested.
I want these. That is all. I'm just unsure of it's bass. D7000 is my preference in bass. Not necessarily emphasis, but the distinct flavor of it's bass that is unlike anything else that I've ever heard (mind you, not having heard the D2000, D5000, or TH600). If the TH900 shares that kind of bass... I may just give up an arm for one. Looking straight at the TH900 since I hear the TH600 is more reserved in the bass. Also, I'm a sub bass kind of guy, no necessarily mid bass.
Oh, shoot, I didn't even realize it was half decibel increments.
People hate on Beats, but the Solo2 is an exceptionally good headphone.
I keep comparing reviews and how the TH600 has like 98% the same sound as the D7000, just clearer and not as warm. That sounds fine, as the reviews say the bass is still epic and Fostex-like. That sounds plenty fine to me. I know you don't like them, but I'm betting I would.
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. I'm saying that people have to be careful with not falling for expectation bias. I doidn't say the X2 doesn't scale. I'm saying it is going to be very subtle, and that they need to understand a lot of the change will be due to the amp's inherent signature, and not because the power is improving the X2. You could probably find a decent portable amp with a similar signature to a $2000 amp and the X2 will sound practically the same. Just...