Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I wrote the MA900 and X1 reviews before I added these new sections. Anyways, since I'm heavily biased towards the K712/Annie I'll go ahead and remove any mention of any other headphone in every review, and just stick to reviewing the headphone, and when people ask me what I would choose, I'll let them come up with their own conclusions.
Damned if I do, damned if I don't. People always want comparisons. Now if i make comparisons and have a bias towards one, it will come off as the other one not being worth listening to. Perhaps I'll remove comparisons and just stick to just reviewing the headphones, without any other mention to other headphones. Then you guys can decide what you prefer. I'll leave my choice for my recommendations list and that's it.
Even if I do have a preference for the warm and bassier K712, you can't deny that the 712 is more refined than the 612. The Q701/K702 is more refined as well and sells for the same price. The one thing I prefer from the 612 over the Q701 is the sub bass, which extends quite a bit farther down. Otherwise, while I do like the 612 a lot (and you know I do), I would still get a K702 instead which is more refined and has the potential to be upgraded to a makeshift Annie/K712...
Certainly is for me. The Q701 was more of a one trick pony for me (competitive gaming), while the Annie/K712 have an all around signature that I enjoy for all purposes. And yes, I think they'd be worth it for $300. $375 is steep.
To me, saying the Q701 sounds the same as the Annie and K712 is like saying the DT880 sounds like the DT990. The difference between the Q701/K712 is more noticeable than say the different impedances of the 880 or 990s which have their subtle differences but remain true to their respective sound signatures. Considering you noted the difference between the impedances on those Beyers, I'm actually quite surprised you think the AKGs sound the same. I do agree that $200 is...
I wasn't arguing either, lol. You could be right. Digital signal processing is a real term. Digital sound processing may be something made up more recently. It's been used online, but dsp itself is actual more commonly know as signal processing.
Always heard it as sound.
You just got them and are already doing A/B comparisons? As with any and every headphone, you should be giving them undivided attention for the first few days to a WEEK before you start comparing. you haven't given your ears any time to adjust to their sound. I've heard they don't have the same sound signature at all, which is another reason why A/B comparison is going to be quite lopsided. But anyways... I've heard the opposite, the MA900 being the more realistic and...
Noticed someone mentioned using the Fiio E09K's usb input. That ONLY works when the Fiio E07k or E17 are docked.
Considering I use the Mixamp 5.8 which essentially makes all headphones wireless, I don't know where you came up with that. I've only owned/heard two wireless headphones: the A50 and PLYR1. I prefer the PLYR1, which I gave a favorable review. I even had some months debating on whether I should get the Sennheiser RS220 or not, because being completely wireless is very liberating. Too bad it has a lot of negative reviews on it's functionality.And I literally put *wireless...