Posts by Mad Lust Envy

You guys are definitely free to edit and upgrade the guide, as long as edits/reviews made by other people are specifically mentioned. I trust you guys to do things right. I check in so rarely, and wish mods would allow editing privileges to some of you for the first page to keep it current.
Because they are? It's its own genre now. You play a hub based open world game, you come to expect the same general design to them. You have a hub, you have a lot of points of interest, and npcs asking you to kill this enemy, or collect this item, ver and over, and over again, with a few main story plot missions sprinkled throughout. There is little variety to this other than the game specific mechanics that separate one game from the next. If you like them, cool, but...
Outside of using the KSC35 at work, I don't think I've put on pair of headphones in a long, long time. That said, this LCD-2 clone from monoprice sounds interesting to me. VERY. I must be missing a lot of great stuff lately.
If people who have own prior Mixamps are saying the TR is broken, that may be why Dolby Headphone sounds wrong to you. Your experiences are definitely far from what is to be expected of the DSP. Case is closed. TR is borked.
Looks great. Too bad I have zero desire for open world fetch questing games like this. I'm completely tapped out of that genre.
I've heard they are shrill sounding and sterile. Probably a good recipe for competitive sound whoring, but not for casual use, at least for those like who like a fuller tone.
I'll post and example vid I linked to on the first post. It is already pre-mixed with DH, so TURN OFF Dolby on your mixamp when listening to this. And no, do NOT turn ON Dolby to compare. This video is already converted, and not a 5.1 Doplby signal, so it won't work that way. This should give you a better idea.
That being said, you were using the wrong sound setting. ANything after that, well, I dunno. Dolby Headphone is SUPPOSED to sound very different from what you're used to in a normal headphone situation. It's mimicking speakers in a room. That takes getting used to. But to say it sounds flat and whatnot, that is not what it's supposed to be.
Incorrect. It must NOT be set to headphones. Dolby Headphone is supposed to take a 5.1 sound source to convert to DH. By using Headphone, you're using the WRONG source. Headphone is for people using standard headphones on a standard headphone output that is plain stereo.
You sure you're not confusing Dolby Off, with On? Because turning on Dolby expands the soundstage significantly. Tuirning it off, everything sounds like it's coming from a straight horizontal line. Also, people love to judge things immediately instead of giving them like a week for your ears to adjust. ALSO, making sure BF is set to theater mode/5.1 for sound, or whatever is close to that. As well as the PS4 sound settings to be on Dolby/Bitstream.