Posts by Mad Lust Envy

I have a lot of love/hate for this game. You can tell the plot/narrative is a horrible mess, with a lot of missing information and bad decision on how the existing information is presented to us. It really does feel like a horribly rushed game in that aspect. The saving grace of this game is the combat, and the loot grinding (as annoying as it can be). It's terribly addictive. But it's unmistakable that the game is a shell of what it should have been. They should be...
The X1 really only needed q bit more control/speed in the bass. I thought everything else was top notch.
Dunno how a completely ruler flat bass to lower mid transition translates into anything less than accurate bass. If anything, it's just the upper mid recession and treble spike that isn't accurate. The bass is near perfection, IMHO. But typical head-fi logic dictates that reigned in bass (in comparison to the HE400) = accurate, so yeah, maybe the 400i is more accurate to that crowd. If there is any sort of fullness or potency in bass... it all the sudden becomes...
Ah, you should be satisfied then.
The Pro 900 does not have a ton of deep bass. It has an extremely potent mid bass which is very, very emphasized compared to everything else. the HE400 is very linear in the bass, and yes, it will sound bass light in comparison to something like the Pro 900. You need to wean off the something as bass emphasized to understand what potent, yet accurate bass is supposed to sound like. I say this as someone who has had both. The HE400's bass is potent, but not basshead...
It's not always necessary, as even my old hat Sansa Fuze V2, you can tell they lower the pre-amp if you add in a slight bump of bass or treble. Another way is like on something like Winamp, where as long as you lower the pre-amp equivalent to the highest boost you've added, it's essentially the same as lowering everything else, but a lot easier than adjusting so many sliders. You don't need to lower anything on bass boosts like the E17's bass and treble controls. I...
He's been using it with the 1540 pads, which should cut down treble... hopefully.
Looks comfy. On ear or over ear?
The Pro 900 is quiye literally unlike any other. That thing is snappy as hell, but strooooong. The vibrations are a sensation that no other mid bassy headphones can emulate, IMHO. Yes, no headphone that's bassy can match the Pro 900 in that regard. Problen with the Pro 900 is everything else. Recessed mids, jagged, sibilant treble that is quite unnatural. In the case of the Pro 900, Dolby Headphone's general warmth is quite beneficial to the Pro 900, which is a big reason...
Get the k612.