Posts by Handberg

Hi I'm thinking about doing a bit of recabling of a pair of cheap senns, just to get started with the DIY. Also, should I F... it up, I'll have a good reason for buying another set of cans. I found a place where I can buy sommer cable at a reasonable price. I thought of using the SOMMER CABLE - SC-GOBLIN cable. As it is relatively thin and therefore might not seem as bulky on the phones. As I am a noob, I don't know if sommer cables are any good? And if this particular...
Good job on the Amp. I have been looking for a mosfet max v. 1.2 build thread ever since I spotted the v1.2 board over at beezar. I'll be building one myself with a grubdac within the next couple of months or so.
Nightwish - Finnish heavy band with classically trained opera singer as lead vocal. you'll either love it or hate it. (the operasinger quit a few years ago, don't know if they made any albums after that?) I'd recommend the following albums: The carpenter, Angels falls first, bless the child and wishmaster Jeff Healey - old school rock/blues. Blind lead guitarist/singer with some really nice and clean guitar riffs. I'd recommend the jeff healey - the best of jeff healey...
Hi Good luck with the surgery. For zen-moment immersion: Ben Harper - Burn to shine album Willie Dixon - The Chess Box (2 CD, mixed artists) Jeff Buckley - Grace Johnny Cash - Americana IV (The man comes around) For getting-the-job-done immersion: Rammstein - Herzeleid Jeff Healey - the best of the jeff healey band AC/DC - any album
I actually have a similar use of my pc headset and I've always liked the sennheiser pc151 or pc161. They are very comfortable and the mic is decent. I've tried a lot of pc headsets and I haven't found a more comfortable or better sounding alternative. (You should note however, that I'm a head-fi noob and my experience with high-end headphones is very limited, so I can't make any comparisons.)
Farnell is a hit - saves me almost $20 in shipping! I'll look into the mini as well
Quote: Originally Posted by tomb ... It appears that the ones you mention are $1000/pair. That would seem to me to deserve their own amp, period... I can get a pair of DALI Lektor 1 for $425 at Hifiklubben Anyways, I think you're both right about finding a more suitable beginners project. I'm not to nervous about the soldering though, as I have done quite a bit of that in the past (strain gauges, TI Measurement gear). It's more my lack of...
First I would just like to say: " Hi" I'm pretty new at doing DIY audio gear, but I'm very much looking forward to it. I will hopefully get my master in mechanical engineering this summer, so I'm a bit of a geek. I have been pretty focused on FEM, Structural optimisation, and numerical algorithms. I haven't really worked with electronics before and I've only had a single, short electronics course. Therefore I need good DIY instructions with the projects I build. I...