Posts by tdockweiler

Ghostbusters (2016) - 4/10   Easily the worst i've seen this year I think. I really tried to enjoy it, but I really couldn't. I probably laughed only about 2 or 3 times during the movie and one part was about....soup. Melissa McCarthy was easily the best character of the movie. Kate McKinnon was easily the worst, but probably not here fault. Even Bill Murray was totally wasted in his role here.   PS I was OK with the idea of an all female cast, but unfortunately...
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - 8.5/10   Better than expected and I regret seeing the reviews on rotten tomatoes first. At times though it didn't felt like even an action movie, but that's a plus.   Way better than the first movie too.
Dr. Strangelove - 5/10   Sorry! This is after 3 viewings.     Doc Martin Season 3 - 10/10   One of the best TV shows ever made IMO.   I'm in Season 4 right now and there's 2 episodes I just could not finish. Not bad, but not as good as usual. I've seen this entire series twice so far.
 I'm still playing Dark Souls 2. Somehow I made it past a few other levels. I would say I usually die about half a dozen times on each level.It's frustrating when you get to just near a shortcut or bonfire and somehow they come up with ways to kill you.It's usually by throwing 4 tough enemies at you if you open the wrong door or they put a big hole in front of a door (that kills you).Every death feels cheap really and not because of my own fault. Right now i'm at The Lost...
Does anyone know for sure if the DT-990 really has metal grills? Mine both looked like painted plastic. It's hard to tell.   Maybe Beyer changed the material used to save money somehow?   Back in 2007 I was pretty positive they were aluminum at the time.
13th - 9/10   Think this is Oscar worthy material. Probably one of the best documentaries I've seen in awhile. Lots of information overload in here and I'll probably be reading up on the material in this for a long time. I don't instantly believe ever word they said   Free on Netflix. I also liked the Netflix movie "White Hats" but too bad it was so short. They should have won the nobel peace prize (rather than for a failed peace deal). I imagine it all came down...
So far in the last month i've tried 3 different Beyer headphones. First one I tried was the DT-990 32ohm. Sounded pretty decent, but a tad too much treble. Believe it or not I found it to not have enough bass. Even the low-bass was nearly inaudible. Bizarre! It actually had less bass than my HD-650 and bass modded Q701.   This one was described as a fun headphone, but there was nothing fun about it!   Overall I did like it, but the bass was disappointing. Maybe I...
 DS1 is worth trying again. I think I destroyed my controller once on the Gargoyles when I was new. I don't usually have a bad temper too.Ornstein and Smough are extremely difficult for me and I can't beat them without a NPC or cheating by using a pillar on the 2nd phase. So far DS2 seems WAY harder than DS1. I had to level up a TON just to advance to the boss areas of Fire Shrine.The game feels like mostly grinding so far and so slow. Some of the enemies in Fire Shrine...
IMO they're both about equal in every area you've mentioned. This all depends on the equipment though, especially the DAC. With both i've heard differences in every little change to my setup.   HD-650 might be slightly better for poor recordings, but they also don't sound too terrible on the Q701. Very harsh music is more listenable on the HD-650, but still not made worse on the Q701.   I have both of these headphones but my Q701 is the bass modded version.   PS...
 I made one character on it and after maybe 6 hours he was unusable. I still don't know why.I picked Warrior class and upgraded my weapon and leveled up some.For some unknown reason when starting out he would run out of stamina on even the weakest enemies somehow.I was actually getting killed by the weakest enemies near the first woods bonfire. IMPOSSIBLE!!I'd run out of stamina before they died! Circling strafing (?) around giant enemies was impossible and they would also...