Posts by tdockweiler

Heck no! You kidding? I'm going to put it on my Prius!
 I talked to Jason at a recent meet and he told me that the first 1000 units sold will come with a free bumper sticker.I am going to refresh Schiit's website every hour until it's available. I don't want to miss out.
I'm going to use the Wyrd with my $500 SilverDragonWorm™ USB cables! Should be a terrific combo. If I don't hear a 60% improvement I'm going to return it and leave a 1 star review.   BTW my neighbor wants to know if this is compatible with Monoprice cables? I don't see it in the FAQ.
 I reversed the mod and kept it that way for over a month. Too lazy to switch back and the Q701 wasn't getting much use. When I finally did switch back it was like a night and day difference. Not even kidding. To me the Q701 modded is just much more full sounding, but yet it doesn't feel as if the signature is majorly changed. I have no clue how this is possible! You know that in graphs the modded Q701 has less low mids, but yet they SOUND much fuller. Bass is definitely...
 It's really hard to say. It really depends on what you want to improve upon. Overall I'd say that stock pads hold back what the headphones capable of (even it's enclosure does!) and with M50 pads there is maybe a 25% improvement over stock. Does that seem excessive? Well, let's just say that it's a bigger improvement for ME than any cable upgrade or swapping between two neutral sounding amps. For reference, no headphone cable has ever made more than a 5% difference in...
Anyone tried both the Valhalla AND Lyr with the Q701? Which sounded best? Best meaning the most neutral or with a slight touch of warmth. I know this technically makes no sense, but I bet the Valhalla actually sounds pretty good with the Q701. Not due to any sort of coloration or tube like sound.   I highly doubt the Valhalla would under-power the Q701 just due it being better with say a 300-600ohm headphone. Now an He-6 is quite a different story...   BTW I like how...
 So...you don't like them. That's OK. I'm sure there are plenty out there who don't like them. Best thing to do is just move along already and let us enjoy our headphone. I'll admit that the DJ100 needs some better pads to be at it's best and I myself love it the most with a very specific setup. O2/Micro Amp + Modi is good for me. Sounds like your fix might have been M50 pads, but perhaps you tried those. The DJ100 is more closed in with stock pads. Even more so with no...
 In my experience, any amp that works well with the K702 also does just fine the the Q701. There's not a night and day difference between them.There might be some exceptions if the amp is way too colored or too dark, but this almost never happens. Even the DT-880 32ohm is harder to drive than most people claim Don't even think it's good just straight out of a portable player. BTW I actually think the HD-650 sounds good on most any desktop amp. It loves the O2 and Magni. My...
 I agree with this despite not being a fan of the Vali for much else. The Vali sounded nearly like a clone of Headroom Micro Amp (and upgraded power supply) with the Q701. That amp cost me around $350 when I bought it a few years ago. The Vali being able to nearly match that sound for $350 is pretty impressive. I still have a hard time suggesting the Vali unless it's for an AKG. I actually did not really feel the Vali added anything to how the Q701 normally sounds. Sounded...
 Based on memory I didn't like them much at all. I think they made the DJ100 too dark. I didn't try them on the TB version though. I actually even tried to mod the HM5 pads to get the sound to improve with no luck.  Nope, but someday I will. They do look way too huge though. I don't think there is a pad out there that can improve upon the M50 pads (for the DJ100). I hope someday I'll find something even better. In an unrelated note I found an old beyerdynamic DT-220 closed...