or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Not a fan of them at all and think they're overrated.   Definitely have a large soundstage and sound pretty airy, but to me and for MY ears they sound too thin and have no warmth at all really. Strangely they do have decent mid-bass, but the low bass rolls off very early.   To me, the thin sound means they're coloring my music too much and they're not accurate. They remind me more of like a smoother sounding (in the treble) AD700 with a mid-bass hump!   They don't...
Interstellar - 10/10   Saw the Imax version last night and was pretty much blown away by this movie. It's not perfect though despite the 10/10 rating and that rating might change on repeat viewings. I think those might be required for me.   When I started watching it I liked it immediately and then at one point I was totally let down and was thinking "Oh great, this is going to be just like Joe Vs the Volcano"! Luckily my like of it kept going up.   Found that...
Thanks for the comparison. I read every word of it earlier today. I remember comparing the two also a few years ago. It was very hard to tell the difference at times. With some recordings they'd sound like clones! On other recordings it's a little easier.   I found that on music with a large soundstage in the recording that the HD-650 was a little more clear and less grainy sounding. The differences were pretty subtle. I actually love the HD-650 for female vocals....
So why do you think america is one of the fattest countries in the world?   I think it's a combination of highly processed foods and way too much fat. When you have a combination of both of these it's extremely easy to eat too many calories. When you eat that way you'll constantly be hungry and yet are never full.   Then you have people that only drink soda/pop. Think of how many empty calories are in all those snacks and Cokes etc. Another problem is too much fried...
 Well, most people probably don't like it as much as me. I actually find it to have no real faults in it's sound in any way. It has my perfect signature and it's bass is better than the Q701/HD-650 IMO (and better low bass presence).It seems it's sound could or can vary a lot between people. Maybe it's darker or bassier for some. For me it's just a fun headphone to listen to and I actually find it very neutral.If I was in a studio i'd use it over an M50, V6 or SRH-840....
 Don't buy a new amp expecting extra bass. Any amp that magically adds extra bass is probably a piece of junk and not worth using. Unless it has a built in bass boost like the ican.Without a bass boost, I doubt the M-Stage or any other solid state amp would give you the bass you're looking for. The K712's are actually probably MORE neutral than the stock Q701s. I don't think I could call the Q701's bass really neutral, but close. Not really lacking too badly. One idea is...
 IMO there is not more than a 5% difference in sound signature between the modded Q701 and K712.I compared them both for a couple hours and it's in my K712 vs modded Q701 review. The K712 was new and my Q701 had thousands of hours with new pads.The bass quantity and extension is basically the same to my ears.Not enough difference for me to sell off my Q701 and get a K712. If I had no headphone at all and could listen to both i'd probably just save $200+ and get a modded...
IWO: Assault on Hell   Very good, but hard to read due to so much death. It really is like a real life horror story of men living through hell. More graphic and more of a downer than any other WWII book i've read.   Hard to believe the Japanese had 15 miles of tunnels under that place and had a clear line of site to anywhere on the island.   Before this I read "Red Blood, Black Sand" which is another Iwo Jima book. Probably the 2nd best WWII book i've read.
The Honeymooners with Art Carny and Jackie Gleason.   Funniest comedy series ever made and even more so than the Jack Benny program.   So funny that it makes you cry! Seriously no movie has ever been able to do this so easily.   I always look forward to watching at least one episode after a hard day of work.   I got all 39 episodes at Wal-Mart for $10. What a steal!   BTW women sure were treated differently back then!
Know what i'd like to see? Side by side measurements of the K712 vs the bass port modded Q701.   My guess is that they'll be very close.   K712 sounded slightly fuller in the low mids, but you must have some amazing hearing to spot the difference!   The driver of the K712 did seem to be more revealing of my source files and recording quality. Some music did sound noticeably clearer on the K712 for whatever reason.   K712 to me sounded like a mix between an OLD K701...