Posts by tdockweiler

I've tried to add some dampening material years ago but it changed the sound signature too much. Possibly due to lack of room inside the cups.To add any it has to be super thin. I tried super thin blu-tack and that seems to give the best result. I might try to add material to the back of the magnet. I thought it maybe altered the sound in a bad way but that was probably some placebo effect. Probably impossible! I have the TB version and I use a straight cable with it. I...
The DT-235 is a really good headphone and sounds even better when modded. Did you know that when you add HD-202 pads it actually is too bassy? You have to mod it further just to decrease it's bass. You can convert it to being over-ear with HD-202/201 pads. I once even got some Memorex memory foam pads to fit.   I don't think it's better than the DJ100 or even close, but totally worth the $50. It's also easier to drive than the DJ100.   BTW I'm pretty sure it has the...
I'm not going to lie. I still think these sound better than my Q701 and HD-650. Sure those are more open and have a much larger soundstage (and everything else that comes with that) but neither of them do anything better.   OK, the Q701 has more treble, but it doesn't sound any more detailed or clearer. Just more airy sounding, but that just goes with being open.   Now the HD-650 has ALMOST the same amount of bass as the DJ100, but not quite. I think the DJ100 has...
What happened to TranceDude's Lyr review? I thought it was a fair review. Most likely Schiit took care of him and he deleted it.   I wish I could have found out why my Asgard 2 sounded so "off". Gave up trying. Maybe it's not apartment compatible. Tons of wireless crap in the area.   Sometime I will try a Lyr through a distributor with no restocking fees. There is one just an hour away.
 Totally agree. I've found that with this headphone it will improve the more you spend on it. Of course i'm not suggesting $500 in gear for a $50 headphone.I just think it's a good headphone for those who already have a very good setup (desktop amp/dac) and an open headphone. I would say it's very close in sound to the modded Q701. The DJ100 is still a bit fuller sounding and has more bass extension. NOTE: The DJ100 sounds nothing like the K702. This is also with a good...
 Those are most likely generic/fake M50 pads. I would suggest the real ones found here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM50EarPad You need two each for a total of $20. BTW a pair of M50 ear pads for $7 is too good to be true. Really wish the Shure SRH-1540 pads were in stock somewhere!
 That's a good one and I also read the previous title you've listed. Don't forget to read the author's next book, which I also suggest: 
I love reading books about dieting and nutrition. I read this all in one day and it's very rare for me to do that. It was definitely interesting, but I'm not really convinced Wheat is a bad as the author claims.   Despite the info on wheat itself, I don't endorse the diet plan it suggests which is basically similar to Atkins but closer to the Paleo Diet.   I really do think Wheat bread and highly processed foods are worthless. Instead of following the diet in this...
Inglorius Bastards (1978 version) - 9/10   Possibly the most entertaining movie i've seen all year. Better than "Where Eagles Dare" and "Dirty Dozen". It also reminded me a lot of "Von Ryan's Express".   Only negative is that the sound quality is poor. I think it's probably dubbed too.     Happy People: A Year in the Taiga - 7.75/10   Co-directed by Werner Herzog. Worth watching but one i'd probably forget in a month.
IMO the best for those two together is the Headroom Micro Amp + Astrodyne Power Supply if possible. That thing has tons of power and could even handle the HE-6 I think. Probably sweat a little. There's almost nothing it can't handle. Pretty sure it outputs several hundred Jiggawatts into 32ohm. It's not a weak portable amp. Has a huge brick power supply.   Back years ago I had the Asgard 1 and it was just so-so. Not a fan of it and seemed best for the D2000 and HD-600,...