Posts by tdockweiler

T1 is not quite as good as the DJ100 though! The T1 is also much easier to drive and only needs a Fiio E1. I'm sure there are lots of headphone under $250 that are closed and better than the DJ100.The problem is that it costs a lot of money to find them. I can't really buy any new headphones.I'm sure i'll probably not like the DT1350 since I can't stand on-ear headphones usually.Have you tried the DT-235? That one is very good though for the price and also on-ear. Believe...
 Yep, I never meant to say "best for everyone under $200". I can't help it if people want to think that. Everything I say is just IMO. Everything here is always just subjective.To me, there is no such thing as best headphone for under $50, $100 and $1000. Just what I prefer. Ever since i've been on here i've never found anyone who liked the exact same headphones I do. Maybe one. I also listen to very specific genres, but do try many before reviewing a headphone. I'm not...
 Dang, I totally missed this post.Bravo V2 just annoys my ears with the Q701. It makes the Q701 sounds a bit too thin and harsh. Too trebly. I would say it's similar to how it sounds with the Magni and stock O2, but not as good.Even adding a warmer sounding source doesn't help much. I even swapped out the tubes without much change.I have a feeling the Bravo V2 just doesn't have enough juice for the Q701 or is just bad synergy. The V2 however sounds great with the...
 Totally!I was so wrong. Whenever I say a headphone is good everyone on Head-Fi should love it. If not, I should give them a refund.After all, everyone likes the same headphones and hears the same way. Having different sized ear-holes is a myth and has been proven by SCIENCE!It's been proven that 99.9% of people will like any neutral sounding headphone. I'm going to change the thread title to "Koss Pro DJ100 - The HD800 killer?" Totally accurate!I would probably get hate...
 It's not really overrated. Not many people have really tried it yet. There's no huge fan-base of these compared to the M50 and others. Lots of reviews on Amazon however. I think it's up to 200 now! So you don't like them..that's fine. Just move along already and find out something else you like. Mainly it's all due to how you hear things and personal preferences. I must have gone through a dozen or more headphone that were closed to find a favorite. Since you seem to love...
Book Thief - 5.5/10   Designed only to extract tears from your face. Annoying. Just tell the story dang it. Some directors can't seem to do this well. It's also kind of dull/tedious. Best thing about it though is it's characters. Overall it's pretty phony. Watch the TV version of "Anne Frank" instead. It's better than the B&W version. If there is a book of it i'm sure it's much better. I know I probably come across as a heartless b*stard but I have to be...
  Much better than the previous one on the subject called "Wheat Belly". Many would call these just fad diets and that's OK, but with this book i'm totally convinced. It's still a good read even if you have no plans on changing your diet or what you eat.   It's funny how when i'm reading this alarms go off in my head and it's thinking.."nope, not healthy" or that it sounds risky. It makes me wonder if i'm brainwashed/programmed somehow into thinking low-fat and...
 I've tried to add some dampening material years ago but it changed the sound signature too much. Possibly due to lack of room inside the cups.To add any it has to be super thin. I tried super thin blu-tack and that seems to give the best result. I might try to add material to the back of the magnet. I thought it maybe altered the sound in a bad way but that was probably some placebo effect. Probably impossible! I have the TB version and I use a straight cable with it. I...
The DT-235 is a really good headphone and sounds even better when modded. Did you know that when you add HD-202 pads it actually is too bassy? You have to mod it further just to decrease it's bass. You can convert it to being over-ear with HD-202/201 pads. I once even got some Memorex memory foam pads to fit.   I don't think it's better than the DJ100 or even close, but totally worth the $50. It's also easier to drive than the DJ100.   BTW I'm pretty sure it has the...
I'm not going to lie. I still think these sound better than my Q701 and HD-650. Sure those are more open and have a much larger soundstage (and everything else that comes with that) but neither of them do anything better.   OK, the Q701 has more treble, but it doesn't sound any more detailed or clearer. Just more airy sounding, but that just goes with being open.   Now the HD-650 has ALMOST the same amount of bass as the DJ100, but not quite. I think the DJ100 has...