Posts by tdockweiler

If this is actually better than the Headroom Micro Amp + Astrodyne then to me this will be an absolute steal at $400 IMO. I paid $350 retail for the Micro when it wasn't discontinued and felt it was worth every penny. I loved that thing since day 1 and it's built like a tank. The Astrodyne PSU was another nice upgrade, but I won't go there. I actually upgraded from the Asgard 1 (which is awful in comparison. Sorry!).   I expect this to be one of the most transparent...
Has anyone tried both the Vali1 and Vali2 with the Q701? IMO the Vali1 was one of the best budget amps for the Q701 (only). I think for the Q701 it sounds better than the O2 and Magni 1.   If this sounds even better for the Q701 then I should get it.   How is it with the HD-650? I hate the HD-650 with the Vali1. I don't of course expect it to be the perfect match. My guess is that it's slightly better with the HD-650 than the Vali1. I know it has way more than...
I scored one of these for $85. Pretty good deal. I went with the GE JAN 5654W tubes to start out with. Didn't even bother with the stock tubes.   I started out by trying it with the DT-990 250 ohm. I know that's not a perfect match for this amp but I'm surprised it sounds so good on this amp. Sounds just like it should. I only need 35% on the volume dial.   I actually don't hear any extra warmth. All my music sounds as it should. On some recordings the soundstage seems...
Before the Flood - 10/10   Liked this so much that I watched it twice in one day. Probably one of the best documentaries i've seen and I learned a few things too.   Note: Free on Amazon, Itunes and Youtube. No Netflix. Wonder why? I'd like to buy a Blu-ray of this.  
This is an absolute STEAL at this price. Just saying. Too bad I already have one and paid $350 when it was new.   You can also upgrade it's PSU to an Astrodyne unit.
Ghostbusters (2016) - 4/10   Easily the worst i've seen this year I think. I really tried to enjoy it, but I really couldn't. I probably laughed only about 2 or 3 times during the movie and one part was about....soup. Melissa McCarthy was easily the best character of the movie. Kate McKinnon was easily the worst, but probably not here fault. Even Bill Murray was totally wasted in his role here.   PS I was OK with the idea of an all female cast, but unfortunately...
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - 8.5/10   Better than expected and I regret seeing the reviews on rotten tomatoes first. At times though it didn't felt like even an action movie, but that's a plus.   Way better than the first movie too.
Dr. Strangelove - 5/10   Sorry! This is after 3 viewings.     Doc Martin Season 3 - 10/10   One of the best TV shows ever made IMO.   I'm in Season 4 right now and there's 2 episodes I just could not finish. Not bad, but not as good as usual. I've seen this entire series twice so far.
 I'm still playing Dark Souls 2. Somehow I made it past a few other levels. I would say I usually die about half a dozen times on each level.It's frustrating when you get to just near a shortcut or bonfire and somehow they come up with ways to kill you.It's usually by throwing 4 tough enemies at you if you open the wrong door or they put a big hole in front of a door (that kills you).Every death feels cheap really and not because of my own fault. Right now i'm at The Lost...
Does anyone know for sure if the DT-990 really has metal grills? Mine both looked like painted plastic. It's hard to tell.   Maybe Beyer changed the material used to save money somehow?   Back in 2007 I was pretty positive they were aluminum at the time.