or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

I made one character on it and after maybe 6 hours he was unusable. I still don't know why.I picked Warrior class and upgraded my weapon and leveled up some.For some unknown reason when starting out he would run out of stamina on even the weakest enemies somehow.I was actually getting killed by the weakest enemies near the first woods bonfire. IMPOSSIBLE!!I'd run out of stamina before they died! Circling strafing (?) around giant enemies was impossible and they would also...
 The E9 is a perfectly fine budget amp. I found it to drive most headphones just fine and is pretty powerful.It managed to sound good with most of the headphones I tried it with. I really would not suggest a new amp at all. If you don't already have a DAC I would suggest one of those ASAP! If you already have a good one I wouldn't upgrade. If the DAC doesn't improve things a little I would test out some new headphones. For a DAC I would suggest the Schiit Modi or ODAC. The...
Recently gave Dark Souls 2 a 5/10.   Wow, don't I feel stupid. I was playing through Dark Souls 2 and complaining it was harder than part 1 and even 3. Turns out I did a "noob" mistake and I bet you already know. I failed to read properly and joined the "Company of Champions" covenant on accident. This apparently turns the game into hard mode sort of and increases damage to you about 33% and the damage you deal out goes down 20%. On one wiki i've read, it claims...
 I would have to disagree. Uncharted 2 is like a movie, but not one of those terrible old ones where you watch a movie and then press a button every few minutes.I don't understand how these are considered less interactive. Tons of action sequences and shooting etc. Some might even think there is too much action!Lots of slower parts in Part 4 though. The one fault of the Uncharted series though is how you only get to keep one weapon at a time and there's no stats to upgrade...
Dark Soul 2 - 5/10   What a major disappointment! Found this terrible from the very start. This is coming from someone who has played through DS1 about 6 times and would rate a 10/10. How on earth is it that they gave this one such lousy controls? Compared to Dark Souls 1 I feel as if i'm always moving in slow-mo. I get hit one time with shield up and have to recover, but it takes me like an eternity and I usually get killed. Even worse when I get knocked down. I...
 No, but only because i've only had the DT-880 for a week. In terms of just listening to music, I can't think of one thing the DT-880 does better. Yes, I do like them a lot! Of course this is when my DJ100 has M50 pads and the Headroom Micro Amp/Dac + Astrodyne PSU. Since the DT-880 is semi-open, I guess there are a few things it does better. It's not fair though to compare closed vs semi-open headphones.
Still own two pairs of these! Still one of my all time favorites. I actually find the Tony Bennett version to sound a little better (can't really confirm it) and that's the one I use. I probably haven't used them without the M50 pads in years.   The biggest negative of these is that I MYSELF could never use them without an amp. Even my HD-650 does better without an amp somehow. The bass on the DJ100 is very underrated. I think it's nearly flat down to 10hz and you...
Is there a general consensus on if the DT-770, 880 and 990's improve with use or burn in? Guess I can go do a search!   Please don't remind me of the placebo thing because I know about all that I myself usually do it while they're on my head and don't think about it too much.   I swear that the DT-880 now seems warmer and less analytical. It's really really bizarre.   This is now on my O2 and Headroom Micro Amp.   So far I think i've had them for about a week...
St. Vincent - 9/10   Really liked this one, but kind of slow going at first. Too many things are kind of left unexplained at the end and that was kind of annoying. Another problem is that in some scenes I really couldn't tell if they were supposed to be sad or they were trying to be a little funny (not the ones with Bill Murray!). These are really minor issues and did not take any points away.   This is labeled as a comedy, but it has a lot of serious stuff in it...
 I've played and finished all 4.Part 2 is one of the best games ever made IMO and up there with Fallout 3, Dishonored and Half Life 2.Part 2 was so good I must have finished it more than a dozen times and even on Crushing mode. I'm not a very skilled gamer and I rarely try the hardest difficulties. Part 4 is the second best, but it's too slow to start and the aiming seems much worse in comparison to 2.I've had about zero interest in replaying it again. Same with part...