Posts by tdockweiler

^ That post was mine. Weird, I got automatically logged into an account I didn't know I had from 2007 with 3 posts. Bizarre. Stupid google tablet did it I think.   Anyway, here is one more:   1984 - 6/10   This one just doesn't work well as a movie. I should read the book instead. Very dull and barely enough of interest to be worth watching. It does however make me think a bit, but I hated the experience of watching the actual movie. Going to read the book soon...
After 4 playthroughs and almost never using any kind of magic I finally started with an INT/DEX build as a mage/sorcerer. It's hilarious because I died 10 times getting from the first poison rats to the the blacksmith room..just pathetic. I'd usually get hit with poison from the rats because I wasn't doing enough damage or fast enough. Yep I know how to block!   9/10 times on my regular build I get through here with usually no problem.   Now what's funny is that I...
 Nope, but some people now claim the "newest" K702 are the same as the Q701. I doubt it. The Q701 was always fuller sounding in the mids and had more bass than the K702. You can check the first post in this thread for more info. Chicolom also posted a review comparison of a recent K702 vs a Q701 and found differences.
 IMO most all video streaming (legal) sites are garbage and have nothing good. Then there is this "exclusives" non-sense where I can't see a specific foreign film for months.I bought a Netflix and Hulu Plus account and Netflix I canceled within 2 days. Horrible because there is not enough older movies. You'll be lucky to find any old classic movies or anything too recent.Sure it's only $7.99, but i'd rather pay $30 and get a huge selection. Hulu Plus is worth it just for...
 Had the HD-600 and an Asgard 1 as my first setup and didn't care for it that much. Always felt the K601 was far better and switched to that. Sounded clearer, more detailed and had a larger soundstage. The HD-600 was a little smoother, but always sounded a bit muffled and lacked detail. I don't think I ever paid over $250 for an HD-600 though. I wish I had stuck with the K601 and skipped the K702s. I kept going back and forth between the two forever. At least I found out...
 I would have to totally disagree with you. IMO after the mod the Q701 is actually MORE neutral. It brings the lower bass up to more neutral levels. Now my Q701 has just as good low bass as my HD-650. I mean it's not some sub-bass monster, but it's now a much better "all rounder". If you want a more analytical sound, then my all means just don't do the mod. Stock q701 is never ever "analytical" though. The K702/K701's I had in the past were. I also have found that with the...
The Longest Day - 6/10   First part is very good but then about 1h and 41 minutes in it goes way downhill. I think the problem is that none of it felt very realistic. Maybe some of the overhead shots. I've seen this 4 times now and think it's overrated.     Also, about "All is Lost". I loved this movie but would never buy it on blu-ray I think. I was glued to the screen for the full length of the movie and never bored. Didn't want it to end. I gave it a 10/10 and...
Mission of the Shark: The Saga of the USS Indianapolis - 8.5/10   Do you remember the story about this in Jaws? Well, it's true. I think this is a TV movie of it but it's really good! The ship got hit by a torpedo and sank within 20 minutes. 900 went into the sea and only 317 made it back after 4 days lost at sea. Apparently the navy never knew it was missing because you were not supposed to record when a ship arrived back to port during WWII (a security thing). The...
So has anyone comparedthe K612 with the Q701? Perhaps with the bass modded Q701? K601 used to be one of my favorite headphones and I always preferred it to the K701 by far. Once the Q701 came out I kept the K601 for nearly 2 years but it never got much use. Ended up swapping it for another AKG.   Based on memory the K601 was much warmer than the K701 (but NOT the Q701) but had a smaller soundstage, less clear sound and a little less detail. Overall it was smoother...
Up Periscope - 6/10   This is an old James Garner WWII movie from 1959. I've been getting desperate for WWII movies lately so I watched this. $2 on Amazon.. Probably one of the worst i've seen. James Garner basically does nothing for 75% of the movie but stands around. He's given a secret mission to go onto a submarine and sneak into a Japanese controlled island to steal secret codes for the war.   The submarine can't surface due to some destroyers being in the area...