Posts by tdockweiler

Don't know if this is true or not and hard to say (IMO).When I removed the K712 pads on the K712 and installed NEW Q701 pads it sounded more like a plain K702 and NOT a stock Q701. Note: The K712 doesn't have any outer grill foam.K702 is probably "technically" better and has a better measuring driver perhaps (compared to Q701). The Q701 sounds warmer to me than any K702 and could be due a worse measuring driver along with a combination of the outer grill foam and many...
 I have "Travels with Hiroshi Shimizu" and it's one of my favorite boxed sets. I actually never heard of that director until seeing it available. I meant to also mention Kenji Mizoguchi too. I actually like his movies more than Kobayashi's and he's one of my favorite directors. I think "Sansho The Bailiff" is one of the best movies ever made. I have his latest boxed set called "Against the System" but somehow haven't made it past the first disc. BTW my favorite set from...
 Yep, i've seen most of Kurosawa's samurai films. The first foreign film I ever saw was "Ran" back when I was 17 or so (now 33). Strangely enough i'm not a fan of his samurai films at all. I actually think Kurosawa's best movies are his non samurai titles. Movies like "The Lower Depths" and "Red Beard". Sometimes his style bores me to death. Try enduring "One Wonderful Sunday" and you'll see what I mean. Yet I love Ozu films and never find them boring at all. I even love...
Chushingura (1962) - 7/10   Story of the 47 Ronin, but not the best version I think. I watched this maybe 6 years ago and really liked it. Second viewing didn't go so well. You know how all hollywood movies have to spell everything out for you so you don't get confused? Well, in this one so much of what's going on is left unsaid. It was kind of hard to know exactly what all was going on and why. Maybe it's a bad translation or how it's supposed to be. I know the...
For $150 why not just buy them? You should be able to resell them if you don't like them.   IMO they're worth around $250.   If you don't have an amp and have no plans to get one in the future i'd just skip them honestly.
Anyone currently addicted to FFXIV or ESO?   I'm currently engrossed in FFXI / Final Fantasy Online still. I have no interest in anything else now because games cost money. FFXI is basically dead. If you want to sell anything on the auction house only about 10% of it will ever sell. They put the game on life support by allowing NPCs as party members (non playable characters).   Lately i've been doing dynamis solo as BST/DNC (that's beasmaster which uses pets for...
I have it off and on. Once in awhile i'll realize it's gone and it must have been not there for weeks. I think mine is caused by specific foods.   I get it really bad when I eat naval oranges (?!) or overdose on refined foods.   LOL often i'll blame it on electronics for some reason. Maybe it's my wi-fi router's fault or something in my tablet. Hey wait, maybe my CFL bulbs!   It seems to happen most when i'm tired or stressed, but maybe it's just a...
    Really love books about WWII, especially when it comes to the navy. I stopped reading this 50 pages into it, but then it suddenly got twice as interesting.   I also just finished "The Starch Solution" which is really the only "diet" book I could suggest. More like a normal person's diet and not a fad diet. It's similar to "Eat to Live", but not as extreme. Kind of amusing how a lot of people out there who write diet books always claim carbs are...
 I watched that whole review. When I saw the "Z" logo I thought it was a Zombie_X review at first.I was using the Q701 at the time at during parts I seriously thought I was listening to the DJ100 INSIDE my Q701. I think him and I would have to disagree on the effect of the two pads. For me (and my ears) the stock DJ100 is slightly bassier and warmer. Things more close up and less spaced out. M50 pads give me more of a semi-open like feel with slightly more treble. The...