or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

I finally finished Upper Cathedral Ward tonight. It's a very short level, but was one of the hardest and most frustrating levels of the game. I could barely kill those Brain Sucker things. Usually when they did their brain sucking they'd hit me again with it before I could recover. Even those werewolves take like 8-10 hits even with my +9 2 handed axe.   I see people killing those brain sucker things so easily but I think I was a bit too low for the level. Maybe a 2...
Has anyone ever purchased a pair of these from Amazon Warehouse Deals listed as "Acceptable"? I normally wouldn't do it, but I am really tight on money and had to save a little. I don't mind a few small scratches as long as the pads are clean and in good shape. I figured i'd try and risk it because I bought a Q701 from them once listed as "GOOD" and it was more like mint condition. If it's too bad I can return it. I paid about $139, which is a really good deal!...
Started Witcher 3 today. Only about 2 hours in, but what a major disappointment! Luckily I only paid $30 for it new.   Controls are just AWFUL. I keep running into things and can't even walk straight half the time. Even riding a horse is a chore. Reminds me of Red Dead Redemption or the early Tomb Raider games.   So far I hate everything about this game. I dislike it so much so far I want to sell it already. I'll give it another try later.   Right now i'd give it...
Deep Water Horizon - 6.5/10   Could barely hear the dialogue in this one. The camera work was also awful and kept moving around too much and way too many close-up shots. Seems less about the characters and more like just a generic disaster flick directed by Michael Bay. I also hated how they made the last 20 minutes. Felt like I was watching these parts while drunk or hit on the head with a hammer. I kind of understand why they did this.. I did like how they portrayed...
Doc Martin: The Movie - 9/10   Really enjoyed this one. Surprised how much different Doc Martin is in this compared to the TV series. Here he not rude and actually a sort of nice guy.     Doc Martin: Legend of the Cloutie - 6/10   Mostly awful, but some OK parts.   PS I'm a huge fan of the TV series and have seen each season about 3 times. Just scored the entire box set for $29. Not bad!   I usually hate TV shows, but i'll watch this series and "The Walking...
Hard to believe i've been using this headphone since October 25th 2011! Probably had the bass mod in place for the last 2 years. I can't imagine going back to it without the mod.   The only thing I don't like about this headphone is that it doesn't sound equally as good on every amp.   Not a fan of it on the O2, Magni or Bravo V2.   So far i've found it seems to sound best on the Headroom Micro Amp and Ifi iCAN. It sounded nearly identical to how it sounds on the...
Took a month or so off from this game and lost interest. I had just finished beating Rom the spider and kept dying a lot in the nightmare frontier. Rom gave me a bit of a challenge, but somehow I beat him on the 3rd try. Even his spider friends were able to nearly one shot me.   So a few days ago I went back and finished off The One Reborn. Beat him on the first try, but I know he's supposed to be easy. I spammed a lot of blood vials though.   I tried going through...
Band of Brothers - 8/10   Not really a movie but I watched it from start to finish within a week. This is now my third time seeing it. Overall I think it's a bit overrated. Not that it isn't good. It definitely is.   I know it's a TV movie, but IMO there is way too much filler material in it that is not important to the story. Too many scenes of the characters standing around talking. No I don't mean they should have had more battle scenes or anything. One of the...
 Maybe the K712 sound just isn't for you. It's possible.I would suggest maybe trying another headphone if you can return or exchange the K712.
1. Sennheiser HD-650 - Mainly due to being a good all-rounder and comfort. Less picky with amping too.   2. AKG Q701 - bass modded. Too picky about amping.   3. Koss Tony Bennett Edition (DJ100 with M50 pads) - One of the best headphones ever made and has always improved with better gear.   4. Sennheiser HD-598 - I killed it by modding it. At least it's recabled with some random ALO brand wire.   5. Beyerdynamic DT-990 32ohm - Only have owned it for 3 days. Even...