or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Tomorrowland - 3/10   Possibly the worst movie i've seen in maybe 10 or more years. Just painful to watch from start to finish and not one good scene at all really. Acting is terrible from everyone except for George Clooney. They spend $200+ million on this? Must have all been on the special effects, because they forget to spend money on the more important things. The storyline is just a mess and makes no sense at all. It must hold the record for the most eye-rolls...
The WALK - 9.25/10 Loved it. Bad trailer for a must see movie.
 Totally agree. I think I gave the movie a similar rating. When I went to see it the theater was actually sold out somehow on the first night and I had to see it the next day. I think only one scene was well done, but at least it was nice to look at.Angelina Jolie managed to screw up some of the best parts of the book (the raft sequences). I think the movie needed a better script and director. I also read the book "Devil at my Heels" which is the same story but told by...
The Martian - 6.5/10   Kind of boring and the entire movie drags on and on even towards the end. Some slightly amusing parts, but somehow they managed to make this movie as dull as possible. I've seen documentaries that were more entertaining than this. I don't need constant entertainment as long as the movie requires my brain to be on. Watch "Apollo 13" instead. Better yet, "Interstellar". Oh and BTW it's not even remotely similar to "Interstellar".   Oh and it got...
Battleground - 10/10   One of the best WWII movies there is. I've now seen it 3 times. Hard to believe it was made in 1949!   BTW too bad there is nothing good at the theaters right now. Just stuff with too much violence or blood/gore. Surprised nobody saw "Black Mass". Was tempted to see A walk in the Woods for a 6th time but I think i'll pass. "Everest" isn't worth a second viewing and it's Imax 3D only right now. A walk in the woods was empty the last 5 times I...
In Harm's Way - 5/10   Old John Wayne WWII movie and based on the book. I've seen it twice now and somehow I totally forgot every single detail about this movie. Possibly the most boring movie i've seen in awhile. Not much going on at all and wastes too much time on stuff I could care less about. Felt like a soap opera during parts. Not sure if they were based on true events or what. At least it's not as bad as "From Here to Eternity"....     Citizen Four -...
 About once, but here are my records (i'm bored): 13 - Interstellar6 - Home Alone - I was around 10 when it came out..now 35. Hard to believe!5 - A Walk in the Woods3 - District 92 - Into the Wild   I live within 5 minutes of an Imax theater so when I need a break from a hard day of work i'll usually see a movie.Sometimes they play nothing but garbage and unfortunately it's an expensive theater for my area. Around $9.50 each. I know that's probably cheap compared to...
Everest - 8/10   Saw the Imax 3D version since it was the only version playing. Liked it, but very sad. Totally not a Hollywood type movie. Seems pretty realistic.   Pretty good cast in this one too, but hard to tell who is who when on the mountain.   I got a free ticket for this since my last viewing of "A Walk in the Woods" was way too dim/dark.   BTW I saw that movie 5 times in the theater. I even read the book and found the movie a little better. Pretty...
A Walk in the Woods - 9/10   Went to see this after only having seen the trailer. Didn't check reviews first and it sounded like something I would like. I'll see almost anything about hiking, nature, wilderness survival etc.   Enjoyed most every minute of it. Not all of the comedy works well, but I liked this. Pretty fun movie to watch. Not a movie critics will probably give a high score to. It's a popcorn flick, but there is a little bit of stuff in here to think...
Shaun the Sheep movie - 5.5/10   Really wanted to like this and feel kind of bad disliking this one so much. Seriously disappointed and felt like I wasted my money. Some funny and creative parts, but mostly just amusing and not so much "LOL" comedy.   I feel like i've seen this story done before in many different movies. Nothing really new. Found it kind of boring and none of the characters had much personality and were rather dull. I guess it's because of the type...