or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Wild - 8.75/10
Selma - 9/10   I liked it a lot and have to admit i'm pretty clueless about the history here. Ugh, I wasn't even aware of the march from Selma to Montgomery. People I know have asked things like "Why is it called Selma?". Well now I know.   Even worse yet I didn't realize african-americans didn't get to vote until late 1965. Hardly seems possible.   Maybe a 9.5 for this..not sure.   I really need to read up on my history.   BTW for me it was much different than...
Quest for Fire - 9/10   Movie about a tribe of men 80,000 years ago trying to find fire. They didn't know how to create it so they had to go out and search for it. I didn't realize how dumb these early men were until later in the movie. Pretty funny how similar some people today are compared to the people back then. Just watch two men fight each other, like in a baseball game or whatever. Not much difference. Some animals these days even seem smarter than early...
Hobbit 3 - 6.5/10   I was going to skip this but I had a gift card and very bored. First half hour was terrible but it eventually got better. I liked this one, but to me it's really only worth a rental. I actually found it to be the worst of all of them in the series. Only characters I really liked in the movie were Thorin and Bilbo. The best parts of the movie were right in the middle. I'd say this wasn't as good as I expected. Just felt like one long battle scene...
Still have my Headroom Micro + Micro DAC. Both with Astrodyne units. No point in the Astrodyne for the DAC part probably, but hey it was free. I probably was the very last person to get one the Micro DAC from Headoom and was glad I scored one. They threw in a free Astrodyne and it sure was nice of them! I believe I paid $200 total for a new unit.   It does make a bit of improvement on the amp part and I regret waiting so long to do the upgrade.   My problem is that...
 I'm one of the few who preferred the 2nd one to the first for years. Somehow my opinion changed a little after about several dozen viewings of each. I might rank #1 a little higher now.Die Hard 2 is kind of stupid because it feels like they just added more F-words and more violence. Some of the acting is pretty bad, especially by the "General". It's one of the most entertaining action films there is IMO. Die Hard 3 i've seen 3-4 times and think it's OK. Don't remember the...
 Interstellar 10 times now! I still heard some dialogue for the first time. Such stuff that should be audible in a decent sound mix. Things like Cooper saying to Matt D. "it's ok" over and over.One other part that was extremely important to the storyline. Cooper telling someone they were right about something.I had to read the script to figure out Dr. Brands last 3 or so words. How stupid. It was something so simple I feel like a dummy for not realizing it. This non IMAX...
Unbroken - 5/10   This coming from the guy who is obsessed with WWII history, movies and has read both of the books about the story (loved them both). Only thing they got right is some of the prisoner's conditions and treatment. The torture is toned down, but the real torture is watching the movie. I really hated nearly every scene except for some parts during the 2nd camp.   Angelina Jolie mostly ruined every scene. The movie just felt fake and I couldn't care less...
The theory of everything - 6/10 Terrible score that basically ruined most of it
Enigma - 5/10   Not sure how a movie about WWII code breakers could be so bad. I guess I also tend to dislike the films of Michael Apted. Looking forward to "The Imitation Game" though.     BTW I skipped "Gone Girl" because I figured it'd be some dark/depressing movie where some missing person dies at the end. Was I wrong? I hate movies like "Seven" and anything too grim or dark. I even avoided "Prisoners" because of this. When I was younger I watched a ton of...