Posts by tdockweiler

Ghostbusters 2 - 6.5/10   Worth watching if you can find it in the $5 bin at any Wal-Mart. That's where I got it. The remake makes the original seem like some sort of masterpiece.   Not sure what i'd give the original, but at least a 9/10 for sure.   BTW it's funny to think they had 2 Ghostbusters cartoons when I was a kid. There was a fake one and then the "REAL" Ghostbusters. My mom used to not let me watch the cartoon because it was too scary etc. Anything...
La La Land - 4/10   I only went to see this because a friend told me it was his favorite movie of the year. I had about zero interest in seeing it, but went anyway since it was the $5 movie night. Wish I had just stayed home. I didn't like it much from the very start and my opinion of it didn't change much. Thought that most every conversation was just small-talk nonsense you overhear at a party. There is also no chemistry at all between the two main actors. I like...
The Black Stallion - 10/10   This was an old favorite from when I was a kid. Hard to believe it was made a year before I was born. When I was in 2nd grade i'd read as many books as I could in the Black Stallion series (there's 20 of them)   BTW one of the best things about this movie is the cinematography by Caleb Deschanel. It's also one of the few PG/family films that even adults could enjoy.
Infiltrator - 6.5/10   Not sure what was going on half the time. This one had so much potential to be something so much better. Sometimes I felt like I was just watching Bryan Cranston talk to random people the entire movie and not much else. The way they told the story just ruined it for me. It's almost like I have to read the book to figure out what was going on.   During the movie at one point I thought I was watching a foreign film without subtitles.   Only...
Manchester by the Sea - 10/10   I don't think i've seen a movie where so many small roles had such good acting. Nobody did a poor acting job here. Script, acting and nearly everything was perfect here IMO. The way they told the story made everything more interesting too and not more confusing.   If you can, try to NOT read into this movies storyline before watching it. Your brain will try to come up with ways to get you to not see it.   Reminded me of some of those...
Best purchase i've ever made in my life I think was spending the money for the Steelcase Leap Chair. Don't remember how much I paid, but it was $800 I think. Bought it in maybe 2007 and it's still holding up well. So far only a few screws have fallen out, but they actually came and installed some new ones under warranty. They were not standard parts so I couldn't do it myself.   I bought it because I got sick and tired of spending $100 or so on garbage computer chairs...
Rogue One - 5/10   Hated the last one and not sure why I saw this one. I liked the director's previous film (Godzilla!) so I figured this might be better. WRONG! Anyway, I wish I could have just enjoyed this one like everyone else. Found it the most boring movie i've seen all year. Not much fun at all and definitely not entertaining. Yeah I can enjoy a dumb movie once in awhile and heck I even liked Independence Day Part 2! This one is down there with all the Marvel...
Back to the Future - 7/10   This is a movie I always liked but it actually gets worse after a dozen or so viewings. The script is kind of dumbed down and seems like they made the movie for kids only. Sometimes I think I only like the movie is because of it's characters and not so much the story itself.     I always LOL at the pine tree guy for some reason and find his lines funny.   BTW I often watch movies at work as background noise. This is one of the rare...
The Abyss - 9/10   Haven't seen this since I was maybe 16! Now 36 and I can barely remember much of it. I liked it then and now it's even better. I watched the special edition this time. Only negative is that the whole alien thing is a bit hard to believe, but oh well.   BTW the special edition made me think that "The Arrival" borrowed a few ideas from this movie!   Wonder if there is a blu-ray of this? Doubt it.   I'm no fan of James Cameron movies but I love this...
Allied - 6/10   I think I really disliked this from the start. Not much of interest happening until maybe 60% of the way through it. I really didn't think or feel anything during this movie. The acting in this was really below average I think. Watch "Army of Shadows" instead!   I should have seen "Hacksaw Ridge" for my 8th time instead  I live 2 minutes away from an Imax screen.