Posts by tdockweiler

Ok, I actually like FLAC but stopped using it so much when I found out I can't really hear much of a difference between 320kbps and FLAC. Let's not go there though. I did that test YEARS ago. Sarcasm doesn't usually translate well online, but I could have sworn Apple said they wouldn't support FLAC because they have almost no requests for it. I bet FLAC is really at the 1% usage mark. Makes you sick right? Previously I was using WAV because it had better support than...
Chef - 6.5/10   OK, I kind of feel a bit bad rating this one so low. It's one of those movies where you might need a couple days to figure out exactly WHY you didn't love it. I guess part of the problem is that it wasn't very interesting to me. I got bored of it and just wanted it to end. Hard to believe, I know!   Didn't really like the main character much and liked the smaller roles better (except for the one with "Iron Man"..what the heck was that all...
Nobody uses FLAC. Only 1% of music users listen to that. LHZ/OGG/ASDF formats are much better and more widely supported.   Also, if an mp3 player doesn't support ASDF format it's not worth using!   Oh and in an unrelated note..I HATE the MKV container. I should like it, but just can't.
Planet Earth - 10/10   Best with a 100' HDTV and on blu-ray of course. I've now seen this two times. It's a little less impressive on my 37" Wal-Mart LCD, but still good. I gave away my 46" Sony Wega XBR3 to a friend when I was moving. How dumb is that!! I guess that's the disadvantage of apartment living. No home theater system anymore. Oh and TV speaker sound! Yuck. Sometimes I use headphones though.   The sequel called "Life" is also good, but the next one called...
What is less like the Asgard 2 sound between the Valhalla and Lyr? I loved how the Vali sounded with the Q701, so something like that on steroids would be good. With the Q701 (only) it sounded transparent.   I actually have a feeling that Valhalla 2 would sound great with the Q701 despite technically not being a perfect match.   Hopefully someone can get the Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2 and see how it is with the Q701.   I usually don't keep any amp unless it works equally...
 It's very easy. To remove the pads just lightly pull on the edges of the pad and it comes off.To attach M50 pads, just hold them in place against the cup and work your way around and stuff the edges of the pad into the "cracks". It's way easier than it sounds.I can now do it easily in less than 30 seconds for each side. I wonder if "Tuesday Morning" US stores still have the TB version for $50. That's where I got mine. I still would like to try the DJ200 just to know for...
 Heck no! You kidding? I'm going to put it on my Prius!
 I talked to Jason at a recent meet and he told me that the first 1000 units sold will come with a free bumper sticker.I am going to refresh Schiit's website every hour until it's available. I don't want to miss out.
I'm going to use the Wyrd with my $500 SilverDragonWorm™ USB cables! Should be a terrific combo. If I don't hear a 60% improvement I'm going to return it and leave a 1 star review.   BTW my neighbor wants to know if this is compatible with Monoprice cables? I don't see it in the FAQ.
 I reversed the mod and kept it that way for over a month. Too lazy to switch back and the Q701 wasn't getting much use. When I finally did switch back it was like a night and day difference. Not even kidding. To me the Q701 modded is just much more full sounding, but yet it doesn't feel as if the signature is majorly changed. I have no clue how this is possible! You know that in graphs the modded Q701 has less low mids, but yet they SOUND much fuller. Bass is definitely...