Posts by tdockweiler

Hidden Figures - 9/10   Very well made movie with some good acting. Kevin Costner actually made this one even better. It's also hard to believe that was Jim Parsons in this one! Have to admit I'm somewhat clueless about the treatment of african-americans back in even the 60s. What would make a white person treat others like this... Then just the idea that other white people would sit by and tolerate it and not speak out about it. It's just sad to imagine people of my...
Dark Souls 3 - 10/10   Definitely think this is the best From Software game and I even like it more than Dark Souls 1. It's not an easy game, but maybe a  little easier than DS1. It's actually by far ONE of the best games i've ever played. It's also extremely fun and addicting. On my weekend off I blew through 4 areas because I just could not put my controller down. Had to go exploring every little area I could.   At times I kept dying over and over but never once...
Started playing Dark Souls 3 again and I regret judging it too early based on a rental. It got a little easier for me when I leveled up a lot and raised Vigor.   Right now I just beat the Crystal Sage and am on the way to the next area. She gave me a few problems and I had to adjust my play style a lot to beat her. Using a 1-handed sword and my regular armor was a total fail. Took me about 4 attempts. When she was down to 20% HP I could barely move because I kept...
Passengers - 6.5/10   I kind of liked it, but don't think it was worth the $10. I enjoyed most of it and felt that more thought went into this movie than something like "Rogue One". I got more entertainment out of this than that movie and it didn't make me want to fall asleep.   The scene where they fix "something that looks broken" were some of the dumbest movie moments i've watched in a long time. They don't beat out anything in "Red Planet" or "Independence Day",...
October Sky - 10/10   This is one of my favorite movies. It fell off my top 10 list for awhile but is probably back on it. It's one of jack gyllenhaal's early movies and after this one I knew he would be successful actor. Before this he had a small role in "Josh and Sam" (which is underrated and has no DVD release).   This is one of the few good PG movies out there that is not dumbed down for kids. It's one of those Inspirational movies, but never feels like one of...
Sunshine (1999 version) - 9.5/10   This one is a real hidden gem that few people seem to know about. It's starring Ralph Fiennes in 3 different roles and William Hurt. No idea how they managed to cram so much inside of a 3 hour movie. There's a lot of history in here I'm pretty clueless about. I really think this one would benefit from several viewings. Maybe it would be even better after I read up on my WWII history. It's not a war movie or a holocaust movie. Some...
Rambo - 6.5/10 (original)   This was good until the National Guard showed up and the acting went way downhill. I liked this one, but overall it's nothing special. Stallone's acting in this was really pretty bad.   In the city where I grew up, Rambo was as well known as Mickey Mouse, Mario and Chuck Norris. When I was young my brother loved this movie and you could even buy Rambo's survival knife in stores. This was in a city where it seems like nearly everyone was...
 It's available to rent on Amazon. They also had the director's previous film "I Wish" on Amazon Prime for free. Not sure if it's still there."Nobody Knows" and "Like Father, Like Son" are two others from him that got a US DVD release. My city never gets any foreign films, but somehow two of his films played nearby. Hard to believe.They actually play some "Bollywood" films here every few weeks, but sadly it's only because there is a large indian population in my city.They...
Our Little Sister - 10/10   This one is by my #1 favorite director so I had to see it as soon as it came out. Loved it and I think it's my 2nd favorite movie i've seen in 2016. I wish I could watch movies like this every day. It's a pretty simply storyline without too much going on. Reminded me a little of something like an Ozu film or "The Scent of Green Papaya". This movie really made me want to visit Japan or live over there. If I ever went there I would visit the...
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - 5/10   Possibly the most annoying game I've played in a long time. Gave it up way too fast and I just got past only the intro level. Best Buy had a $20 sale on this and I wish I had saved my money. Maybe I'll keep at it but it's no fun for me. I actually had more fun playing "Watchdogs".     Anyone addicted to Final Fantasy XIV? I might give that a try. I see videos of it and it seems like there's too much going on all at once. So many...