Posts by tdockweiler

Flight - 7.5/10   I skipped this for a long time for some reason but finally decided to watch it due to being free on Amazon Prime. Overall I liked it, but some parts were a bit slow and rather dull (didn't knock off points for that).   My main problem with this is that it tries to be way too overdramatic. Typical Hollywood stuff and sort of like what you'd find in a movie from Ron Howard or in something like "A Few Good Men". I guess it makes it more...
 Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I definitely am looking forward to trying out some older tubes, but nothing too expensive.I was reading up into some of the longer JJ tubes and I found 2-3 other posts from a few on various forums saying they hold up well to the sound of older tubes. Thought they'd be worth a try. I was in a hurry though.I have this one here:https://tubedepot.com/products/jj-ecc802s-hi-performance-12au7-gold-pin-preamp-vacuum-tube There was a...
Got the Bravo V2 in last week and am surprised at how good it is! Thought it would be some cheap toy and sound bad or just decent, but it's far better than the price would make it seem. I even liked it with the stock tube which is said to be terrible. I don't agree with that really.   With the stock tube there was definitely a little extra warmth but I'm surprised it didn't ruin anything else. Low mids were a little more forward than usual when I tried it with the Modi....
 Is it better than Uncharted 2? That question can be for anyone.I generally hate the idea of these movie-like cinematic games but Uncharted 2 is one of the firsts that did it right.I've played that game over and over and even finished on Crushing without having tons of skill. That game makes me regret ever selling my PS3 when I was running out of money. Sold the original brick version for $100. How stupid! I have to say though that unfortunately my Xbox 360 got 3x as much...
Super Mario World - 9/10   Playing this on my original SNES I got in 1995 or so. It seems to have lost something but still fun to play. I just went back to find all the 2nd exits from each level. Currently inside the Forest Area. I actually think Yoshi's Island is a bit better, but this is still good.   This makes me remember the good ole days of playing SNES games with all my friends. Games like Zelda: ALTTP, Castlevania and Contra etc. It's too bad that some of the...
I'm really amazed at how all of you managed to remove the tape over the port without removing the inner plastic piece. That's real talent. Are you also brain surgeons?   I could barely even see the tape on mine..   I really do wonder if there is any difference in sound results with the mod done on the K702 and Q701.   I bet the K702 modded will give worse results. Possible more bass and slightly reduced low mids? Doubt it.   Has anyone listened to the modded Q701...
Anyone tried the Bravo V2 with the HD-650? I'm really loving it and surprised that it's actually listenable. Got it as a cheap toy to play with. If you're poor and actually have an HD-650 with no budget for a more expensive amp..the Bravo V2 will do the job just fine until you can upgrade. It has a TON of gain and only requires 5% volume..what the heck.   I think it sounds far better than the Schiit Vali (with the HD-650) and costs around $60. Plan on swapping out the...
The Perfect Human Diet - 7/10   Basically it felt like an endorsement/ad for the Paleo diet. I'm not convinced. How do we even know the early humans were so healty, not fat and disease free? Didn't they live to like 40 or something? I imagine they got a heck of a lot more exercise due to hunting Wooly Mammoths and not sitting in front of the TV all day.   I do like the idea of how it suggests not eating highly processed grains/carbs or milk. Not sure if it's really a...
Non-Stop - 8.75/10   I went to see this without having read any reviews. I just knew it was a suspense/thriller on a plane..had to see it for that reason alone! It's definitely a popcorn flick and I really enjoyed it. Got a little ridiculous at times but that's alright. It was exactly what I need after a long day at work.   I actually think "Executive Decision" is a little bit better, but this has more action/suspense.   You can also check into the Airport series....
I must be the only one here who doesn't watch TV... I finally found a show I love and it turns out it's a british TV show called "Doc Martin". I ended up watching all seasons. It's too bad I have to wait until 2015 to see Season 7!   LOL the last series I watched regularly was MacGuyver in the 90s and "Whale Wars". So not since I was 13 or so and i'm now 34.   My mom is currently addicted to old Andy Griffith Shows. She's wanting me to order her Season 8 with my...