or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Fallout 4 -10/10   I finally was able to buy a PS4 after wanting a new console for years. Too many other things I need to pay for. Anyway, this and Uncharted 4 are why I wanted to get a new PS4. Totally worth it just for this game alone.   I actually didn't love it the first day because I constantly was running out of ammo, had terrible weapons and there was no good loot in the area of the map I was exploring.   Somehow the game was hard at first for me because of...
I gave the K92 12 hours total of burn in. The bass seems a tad better, but of course the same general sound signature. Bloated bass and not really smooth sounding. Just annoying to listen to.   I really hate this headphone! The K52 is just so good for the price.   The K92 doesn't seem to improve much with the K52 pads.   So I wasted $60 on another crappy headphone, but at least I got some new pads for my K52!   These were the first headphones i've bought in over 2...
I'm not sure of your setup, but for them to be at their best they need a very good amp/dac and the M50 pads are a MUST. I've found that the DJ100 is pretty picky with amp choices. I can actually hear every little change I make with equipment on the DJ100.   The M50 pads really improve almost everything with this headphone and seems to smooth out their sound. I've been obsessed with this headphones since I first got them in maybe 2012 or whenever. I hope Koss never...
Operation Crossbow - 8.75/10   WWII spy thriller that i've never heard of before until seeing it at a used DVD store. It's a real hidden gem and reminds me of movies like "Where Eagles Dare" and "Guns of Navarone". Of course it's not really an action movie and slow moving, but I really found this one interesting. I actually bought it because of it having such a good cast.   I wonder why this one is almost unheard of?   The Matrix - 9/10   Way better than I remember...
I checked the inside of the K52 and K92. The drivers are definitely different.   The K92 driver has a small hole in the front and a vent hole in the back. The K52 doesn't.   While listening to the K92 for a half hour or so I was so disgusted with it's terrible sound that I put the K92 pads on my K52. K52 sounds a little better with the pad upgrade.   I taped off the K92 back vent hole (near the middle of the magnet?) and there's now a night and day difference to be...
Haha, I got my K92 in today too. "Crap out of the box" sounds like my experience too so far. This is one headphone where i'm having a hard time describing it's sound! Luckily I only paid $60USD for it. I got my K52 for $30!   First impression was that some things sounded way too distant when they shouldn't be. The bass on this one is so bloated that it ruins even something from the Buena Vista Social Club (chan chan) and the bass seems to make the whole song sound so...
I bought a pair of K52's yesterday at guitar center for $30. First headphone purchase in years I think. Out of the box I just connected them to my Sansa Fuze. Wasn't impressed and felt like I wasted my money.   They sounded clear, but a bit tinny/thin and lacking bass. Nothing too offensive overall. I then tried from my PC headphone jack (which supposedly has some headphone amp in it) and it was a little better.   About 5 hours later I amped it to my O2 and was...
Armageddon - 5/10   Easily one of the worst big budget disaster films ever made. The first 60% is almost unbearably bad. Most of the dialogue is just cringe-worthy. None of the comedy really works that well at all. One funny line in the entire movie for me. The last 20 minutes are pretty entertaining at least.   BTW I bought this only because I found the Criterion collection DVD of it. Turns out it's a really crappy Criterion disc that's widescreen put into a 4X3...
Where to Invade Next - 9/10   Too bad this didn't do well at theaters. I thought it was one of Michael Moores better films. I bought the DVD and am glad I did. Possibly the most entertaining new movie i've seen in a few months.     Money Monster - 8.25/10   Not very believable, but overall it's good and i'm glad I saw it. Reminded me a little of "Dog Day Afternoon" and some parts of "Phone Booth".
This is my favorite amp and dac in the world and it's painful to sell them. Trying to get extra money for a PS4.   I will sell each for $150 shipped, but prefer to sell them together.   They were purchased new and are the AC powered versions. IMO they sounded great with almost everything I used them with. Especially good with the AKG Q701 and Sennheiser HD-650.   Both include no accessories but each come with an Astrodyne Power Supply (originally $100 each). Both...