or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Back to the Future 2 - 7/10     The Right Stuff - 10/10   This one is in my top 10 all time favorites list. Near perfect movie and it has the perfect cast! Many of them went on to star in Apollo 13. This one lost out on a best picture oscar because of "Terms of Endearment".   I really need to get the blu-ray release of this that came out recently.   If you don't know, this is a movie about the early space program. It starts out with test pilots trying to break...
Back to the Future - 9/10   Somehow I like this more now that ever before. I've seen in a few times now. Wonder if they will ever make more of them? Going to watch Parts 2 and 3 soon. BTW when watching the blu-ray it's hard to tell this was made in 1985!   Forest Gump - 8.5/10   This is one of those I loved the first few dozen times. Somehow it's one of those rare movies that somehow gets worse after seeing it 25+ times. This almost never happens. It sort of now...
Revenant - ???/10   Give me a few weeks to think about this. Visually it's a work of art. Some amazing cinematography here and I was not disappointed. One reason I saw it is because they used Terrence Malick's regular cinematographer.   I especially loved the first "battle scene", which I won't describe. Felt almost too real. The movie itself reminded me a little of something like "Ravenous" meets "The New World". Really, there is no movie this is like I can think...
Beverly Hills Cop - 5/10   Not really funny at all. Somewhat entertaining, but overall pretty bad. I do like Eddie Murphy though sometimes. He was pretty funny in "Bowfinger and "Coming to America". Interesting that the director of this also wrote and directed "Gigli" and has not made a movie since. Maybe he deserves another chance. He's made a few good ones in the past.   BTW looking forward to Revenant on Thursday. My theater always plays movies one day before...
Concussion - 9/10   This one deserves more attention and it was playing in the smallest screen at the theater. On a Saturday night there was only about 8 other people in the theater.   Loved this one and glad I didn't skip it. One other reason why you should never see a movie based on rottentomatoes scores!   Probably one of the best i've seen this year and Will Smith deserves a best actor nomination. It was hard to believe that was Will Smith..   Was very close to...
The Big Short - 9.25/10   Love it mostly except for the terrible camerawork. Reminds me of "The Office" but worse. Too annoying at the start of the movie and so many quick cuts of 10-15 seconds. The first 20 minutes are not good, but it gets better. I also wish they didn't zoom in so close to the person's face when they talk. It doesn't help that I was too close to the screen.   Doesn't really fit into one genre. Sort of a Comedy, Drama or Thriller.   I think I will...
Star Wars - The Force Awakens - 4/10 (no spoilers)   Sorry guys, but I really didn't enjoy this one and found it painful to sit through. I wanted to like it but it wasn't fun or entertaining to me despite nearly non-stop action scenes. Visually it looked good, but I didn't really like any of it's characters. I really did not even care what happened to them. My brain felt like it was on hold the entire movie and felt like I was just bombarded with action sequences. I...
Heart of the Sea - 6/10   Found this pretty dull and boring and wanted to walk out. The last 25% was the best. Overall it's not a good movie and as a survival story it's a failure. Wish I had skipped this.   Visually it's pretty nice looking, but in this case that's not enough for me.
Vacation - 5.5/10 First half hour was just painful. Can't believe someone writing the script thought some parts of it would be funny. The whole thing about Debbie Do-anything and the kid who is always saying the F-word and putting bags over peoples heads to suffocate them. People vomiting is also not funny. I'm sure it could be made funny, but not sure how.. I laughed a few times, but this is definitely not really worth watching. Ed Helms is one of the most un-funny...
Brazil - 3/10First time i've seen this in maybe 15 years. Somehow I only could remember only 2 parts. The funeral and the new office!Didn't like this when I was younger and still don't. Some good ideas, but I found it pretty painful to watch. Took me 3 tries to finish it.I'm not a fan of this director at all.PS I was also very bored and went to see Mockingjay Part 2 a 2nd time (gave it a 8/10).Normally I wouldn't do this, but I wanted to get out of the house and I live...