Posts by tdockweiler

IWO: Assault on Hell   Very good, but hard to read due to so much death. It really is like a real life horror story of men living through hell. More graphic and more of a downer than any other WWII book i've read.   Hard to believe the Japanese had 15 miles of tunnels under that place and had a clear line of site to anywhere on the island.   Before this I read "Red Blood, Black Sand" which is another Iwo Jima book. Probably the 2nd best WWII book i've read.
The Honeymooners with Art Carny and Jackie Gleason.   Funniest comedy series ever made and even more so than the Jack Benny program.   So funny that it makes you cry! Seriously no movie has ever been able to do this so easily.   I always look forward to watching at least one episode after a hard day of work.   I got all 39 episodes at Wal-Mart for $10. What a steal!   BTW women sure were treated differently back then!
Know what i'd like to see? Side by side measurements of the K712 vs the bass port modded Q701.   My guess is that they'll be very close.   K712 sounded slightly fuller in the low mids, but you must have some amazing hearing to spot the difference!   The driver of the K712 did seem to be more revealing of my source files and recording quality. Some music did sound noticeably clearer on the K712 for whatever reason.   K712 to me sounded like a mix between an OLD K701...
 Usually when the Q701 sounds like it has really harsh or aggressive treble it's due to an amp it doesn't seem to like. For example, i'm not a fan of the Magni or O2 with the Q701. It's not that the Q701 requires a warm amp at all, but is rather picky.When it has a weaker amp it does sound much thinner and more sparkly/fatiguing. Even the harshest music should never sound painful on the right amp Iwith the Q701 IMO. I actually have the E17 as a backup amp for my bedroom...
Mutiny on the Bounty - 10/10 (1962 version with Marlon Brando & Trevor Howard)   I really liked the version from the 80s with Mel Gibson and this one is actually much better. This one felt more like reading a good book and is longer and much more in depth. Probably more accurate too. This one is 3 hours long and goes by fast.   I liked Trevor Howard in "Von Ryan's Express" and was glad he was in this one. I need to find other movies with him.    I also  need to go...
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - 4/10   Possibly the worst i've seen in a long time. Just painful to watch and not funny at all to me. I usually like most John Hughes movies too.   BTW it's not a movie but i'm loving the boxed set of the old tv show called "The Honeymooners" with Jacki Gleason and Art Carney. I dont' like it as much as the Jack Benny Program, but close! I got it on sale at Wal-Mart for $10 and it has all 39 episodes.   Not a fan of current TV shows, but I...
Fury - 8/10   Extremely realistic, but a bit heavy handed and they constantly wanted to drill into your brain that war is hell. Too much and it just wasn't convincing. Somehow the realism died at one point and it turned into some John Wayne Gung-Ho nonsense.   None of the characters were likable at all to me. It kind of sucks the life out of the movie. There was a good reason for all this and I totally understand why. The movie is kind of not an enjoyable movie and...
 I've had those too once. The hard part is finding them at a good price without paying too much on shipping.The HD-668B's I had were more V-shaped and focused less on the mid-range. I bet the DJ100 has flatter and more extended low bass though. The HD-668B seemed to have more treble and be a little thinner/tinny sounding. It all depends on preference though. HD-668B is pretty good though if you like it's signature. It's one headphone that didn't match my preferences but I...
Are the K400 EP pads the ones with the brown rings on the back? I get all confused about all the versions of the actual headphone.   One pair I have has a driver that looks exactly like a K500 driver. This came with non-brown ring pads that are quite a bit deeper than those of the brown ones. I think this one is an LP. I might have confused myself and will edit this later if so.   My 2nd pair came with those brown pads and I think it's an EP. It looks like a regular...