or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Truth - 8.5/10   Latest Robert Redford movie. Really liked this one and I doubt it will do well at the box office. Reminded me of some parts of Erin Brockvich and Michael Clayton.   The last few Robert Redford movies have been very good. First "All is Lost" and then "A Walk in the Woods". I also just saw his movie "Sneakers" today. Love that one and give it a 9/10 and have seen it dozens of times.   BTW IMO Jake Gyllenhaal has been a good actor ever since "October...
Steve Jobs - 8/10   Would never have seen this but saw some reviews and figured it was worth seeing since I was bored. Overall I liked it, but some of it is too over-dramatic. Felt like a soap opera. One sequence during the middle was just so overblown. The director though managed to make this one very entertaining. Never bored at all. Felt like a thrill ride compared to the snore-fest "The Martian".   Acting by most everyone was good, but the guy who played Steve...
Bridge of Spies - 9/10   Reminded me a lot of "The Lives of Others". This one drags a bit in the middle, but overall it was better than expected. Some might find it boring. I wouldn't see it more than once at the theater.    
Tomorrowland - 3/10   Possibly the worst movie i've seen in maybe 10 or more years. Just painful to watch from start to finish and not one good scene at all really. Acting is terrible from everyone except for George Clooney. They spend $200+ million on this? Must have all been on the special effects, because they forget to spend money on the more important things. The storyline is just a mess and makes no sense at all. It must hold the record for the most eye-rolls...
The WALK - 9.25/10 Loved it. Bad trailer for a must see movie.
 Totally agree. I think I gave the movie a similar rating. When I went to see it the theater was actually sold out somehow on the first night and I had to see it the next day. I think only one scene was well done, but at least it was nice to look at.Angelina Jolie managed to screw up some of the best parts of the book (the raft sequences). I think the movie needed a better script and director. I also read the book "Devil at my Heels" which is the same story but told by...
The Martian - 6.5/10   Kind of boring and the entire movie drags on and on even towards the end. Some slightly amusing parts, but somehow they managed to make this movie as dull as possible. I've seen documentaries that were more entertaining than this. I don't need constant entertainment as long as the movie requires my brain to be on. Watch "Apollo 13" instead. Better yet, "Interstellar". Oh and BTW it's not even remotely similar to "Interstellar".   Oh and it got...
Battleground - 10/10   One of the best WWII movies there is. I've now seen it 3 times. Hard to believe it was made in 1949!   BTW too bad there is nothing good at the theaters right now. Just stuff with too much violence or blood/gore. Surprised nobody saw "Black Mass". Was tempted to see A walk in the Woods for a 6th time but I think i'll pass. "Everest" isn't worth a second viewing and it's Imax 3D only right now. A walk in the woods was empty the last 5 times I...
In Harm's Way - 5/10   Old John Wayne WWII movie and based on the book. I've seen it twice now and somehow I totally forgot every single detail about this movie. Possibly the most boring movie i've seen in awhile. Not much going on at all and wastes too much time on stuff I could care less about. Felt like a soap opera during parts. Not sure if they were based on true events or what. At least it's not as bad as "From Here to Eternity"....     Citizen Four -...
 About once, but here are my records (i'm bored): 13 - Interstellar6 - Home Alone - I was around 10 when it came out..now 35. Hard to believe!5 - A Walk in the Woods3 - District 92 - Into the Wild   I live within 5 minutes of an Imax theater so when I need a break from a hard day of work i'll usually see a movie.Sometimes they play nothing but garbage and unfortunately it's an expensive theater for my area. Around $9.50 each. I know that's probably cheap compared to...