Posts by tdockweiler

Nope, apparently the wiring is different.
Koss Pro DJ100 /TB with M50 pads and a really good amp. Total cost for the headphone + M50 pads is around $70. Feel free to proclaim i'm wrong   HD-650 and my Q701 don't really do anything better unless you're comparing the open vs closed thing.   Oh and I too agree that the ATH-AD2000 (Audio Technica) is better for female vocals than the HD-650. Too bad the pads on it go flat and it's hard to find.
 I actually thought the trailer kind of gives people the wrong impression of the movie. There's much more to it than what the trailer shows.If it wasn't for Tom Cruise's character I might not have liked this as much. He's no "super hero" at all really. Well, I can't say much more about that. He's quite a likeable character really.Interesting that this movie was released on D-Day. Could have very well have been D-Day 2040..err more like D-Day X Infinity. The title of this...
Edge of Tomorrow - 9.25/10
 Have you tried the ODAC? The ODAC is actually colder than the Modi, but I can't  put them into the warm/cold category. Both seems neutral enough to me. I don't find the Modi warm since it sounds great with the HD-650 and darker headphone. However it DOES seem to be slightly warmer sounding than my Headroom Micro DAC (which uses the CS4398). Modi is definitely not an analytical sounding DAC, which is good for me. Same with the ODAC.  BTW I just now realized what the DM100...
BTW..I really need to watch "Tampopo" again. That's a good movie about food (noodles). The director Juzo Itami has made quite a lot of good movies. One of them is a favorite called "Minbo: The Gentle Art of Japanese Extortion".   It's not about food, but this reminds me that I also need to rewatch "Chungking Express". Sounds silly, but one of the few reasons I went to Hong Kong before on vacation is that I was once a huge fan of their movies. I'm really outdated on...
 ODAC or Modi didn't do this for me also, but the Magni and O2 did, but just a little. It took awhile for me to figure this out. Usually when someone doesn't like the ODAC or Modi it's the amp's fault! The only time I got the Q701 to sound really too cold/thin was with a Magni + docked Ipod Touch 2G. That was the worst combo i've ever heard. Both of those are thin and bright to me. I actually think the ODAC and Modi are better products than the amps they go with! To me a...
Ok, I actually like FLAC but stopped using it so much when I found out I can't really hear much of a difference between 320kbps and FLAC. Let's not go there though. I did that test YEARS ago. Sarcasm doesn't usually translate well online, but I could have sworn Apple said they wouldn't support FLAC because they have almost no requests for it. I bet FLAC is really at the 1% usage mark. Makes you sick right? Previously I was using WAV because it had better support than...
Chef - 6.5/10   OK, I kind of feel a bit bad rating this one so low. It's one of those movies where you might need a couple days to figure out exactly WHY you didn't love it. I guess part of the problem is that it wasn't very interesting to me. I got bored of it and just wanted it to end. Hard to believe, I know!   Didn't really like the main character much and liked the smaller roles better (except for the one with "Iron Man"..what the heck was that all...
Nobody uses FLAC. Only 1% of music users listen to that. LHZ/OGG/ASDF formats are much better and more widely supported.   Also, if an mp3 player doesn't support ASDF format it's not worth using!   Oh and in an unrelated note..I HATE the MKV container. I should like it, but just can't.