or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Spotlight - 6.5/10   Hard to believe this won over "The Revenant" for best picture at the oscars.
Deadpool - 6/10   Reminds me a little of "Darkman". I probably would have liked this more if I found it a little more funny.
Cloverfield Lane - 9/10 Sort of slow and i wish the last part was longer...
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot - 4/10   This one sounded somewhat interesting and nothing else out was worth watching. This one is basically 75% garbage. It's as if someone had written a book and then just made a movie out of random pieces of barely interesting things from it. Lots of stupid stereotypes of people from the middle east. This is supposed to be a comedy but there isn't anything funny in it. Too much of the running time was spent showing her getting drunk,...
99 Homes - 10/10   I have no complaints about this. Loved it, but it's pretty sad despite nobody actually dying. I really didn't have any idea what an actual eviction would be like. While watching it, it felt so realistic that I felt like I was the one getting evicted! I can't imagine being kicked out of a home you've lived in most of your entire life.   I can relate to this movie in a way. The economy (and my business) went south and I was forced to sell my house...
The Intern - 8.5/10   Haven't seen many movies lately, but I really enjoyed this one. If it wasn't for Anne Hathaway and Deniro, this wouldn't be nearly as good. The best parts were when they were both together...somehow.   PS i'm very glad Dicaprio won best actor award at the Oscars. Still disappointed that Will Smith didn't get nominated. He deserved it. Hard to believe Matt Damon got nominated over him.
The Neverending Story - 10/10   Love this movie, but it really feels sort of like a soap opera at times. Lots of overacting in almost every scene! All the characters look like they had tears in their eyes when reading their lines. Hasn't really aged a bit and I think i've now seen it 4 times. First saw it when I was a kid and i'm now 35. I also like the soundtrack and think it's perfect.   The Purple Plain - 8.75/10   WWII survival story starring Gregory Peck. I...
The Finest Hours - 5.5/10   The trailer didn't make me want to see it at all, but I went anyway. Thought it might be worth watching. Wish I had skipped it.   How do they make a rescue movie be so dull? Not much suspense at all and the acting is rather bad. Typical Disney type movie.
13 Hours: Secret soldiers of Bengazi - 9/10   Finally a Michael Bay movie that doesn't actually feel like one. Loved it and want to read the book it's based on. I might even see it again! Believe it or not the soldiers here are portrayed as real humans and not some invincible superheros or GI-JOE characters. I really had no clue how bad things were over there when this happened.   IMO it's better than "Black Hawk Down" and "American Sniper".
Back to the Future 2 - 7/10     The Right Stuff - 10/10   This one is in my top 10 all time favorites list. Near perfect movie and it has the perfect cast! Many of them went on to star in Apollo 13. This one lost out on a best picture oscar because of "Terms of Endearment".   I really need to get the blu-ray release of this that came out recently.   If you don't know, this is a movie about the early space program. It starts out with test pilots trying to break...