Posts by tdockweiler

I replaced the op-amps in the O2 a few days ago with the OPA2227. Expected it to sound mostly the same, but I don't think I like it. It actually now sounds too warm, almost muddy sounding with my HD-650 and DJ100. The OPA2134 I seem to love (in my other amps) and I should have went with that. Seems impossible. It's actually hard to believe this is an O2.   I will instead try the LM4652 and see how that goes. OPA627 sounded like a fun experiment, but too much trouble...
Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 7.25/10   It's not terrible! Wanted to turn off this off after about 25 minutes but then I found myself enjoying it once he finally goes on "vacation".  Ben Stiller isn't much of an actor. He acts mostly the same in every movie.   Any scene with two people sitting together in this movie is just awkward and not right. It's like they're both reading a script. There's also quite a few totally pointless scenes.   This movie is just kind of...
^ I've been using mine a lot lately too. This version I did the Q701 bass port mod on. Honestly I'm not sure what difference it makes with the K400! Mine just had two thick foam "plugs" on the port.   I use mine with K601 and some well used Q701 pads (that are more flattened). It does give you slightly more treble and a more airy sound with Q701 pads.   K400 definitely seems to have smoother (and less) treble than the Q701, but the Q701 treble has never bothered...
 Vali isn't really a warm sounding amp though is it? With my Q701 and K400 it sounded basically transparent with a very very slight touch of warmth.
Fat Man and Little Boy - 5.5/10   Best movie title ever! You come up with such a good one like that you just know it's going to be a box office success! Ok, but seriously this one is starring Paul Newman and is directed by Roland Joffee who made the amazing "Killing Fields'. The name refers to the two bombs the USA dropped on Japan. It's the story behind the creation of them...and yes, it's pretty boring.   Ebert Gave it a 1.5/4 and I don't think it's that bad but...
Koss TNT/55... whatever Radioshack was selling them as at the time. They were much more comfortable than the Pro35 or whatever it is they have now. They were listed as $50 but nearly always "on sale" for $20.   This version had a better headband and larger foam earpads.   This was back when everyone was still using cassette tapes.   If Koss re-released an EXACT clone of this for $40 I'd buy it for sure.    
The Grey - 4/10   Worst "survival" story i've ever seen. Just 2 hours of watching people get murdered by a pack of wolves. Not much else to it. Just some extra dramatic nonsense thrown in before someone gets eaten by wolves. This is actually even worse than the remake of "Flight of the Phoenix". Can't believe that's possible..   Have you seen "Ghost and the Darkness"? That one was much better...so was "Snakes on a Plane" and "Deep Blue Sea"..no, really.   Haven't...
  ^ would love to see a portable amp from them too. Something that has enough power to drive my Q701 and HD-650. I've found that most of my portable amps can drive the HD-650 easily, but not so much the Q701... Also, it doesn't really need to be so small so that it has to fit in a pocket.   I certainly don't want a clone of the sound of an O2/Magni in a portable form. A TINY touch of warmth is OK. About similar to what you'd find in an E17 or Wolfson based DAC (I...
I don't agree with you. They do share some similarities, but no way they look like some clone.   FYI the M50 cups are not round and are oval shaped. The plug doesn't look the same at all either. Yes, they're both metal and shiny.   IMO it looks similar to about a dozen different headphones. Kind of the generic "DJ" headphone look.   Oh and the cable is green. AKG should sue Razer!
None but the brave - 6.75/10   This one is an old WWII movie starring and directed by Frank Sinatra. It has some of the worst acting i've seen in years   and the scenes looked like they were filmed on a stage and not in an actual jungle. Fake plants and trees everywhere. Frank Sinatra is a pretty good actor, but not much of a director. At one point I thought he must have been drunk when directing the movie...it's just that bad.   It has an interesting story at least. A...