Posts by tdockweiler

Philomena - 9.75/10   Near perfect. If it wasn't for the acting this movie would not be nearly as good. Worth buying I think.   Judi Dench deserved an oscar for this!
Anchorman 2 - 5/10   Watching this was a real test of my endurance. I got about an hour into it and somehow managed to finish it after a break. I would say that there was a few LOL moments..maybe 5 in the entire movie.   Most of the humor was just the WTF/Bizarre type humor. I was thinking maybe the scriptwriter was on drugs or something. I think they tried to make the most ridiculous movie ever made. I like of liked it for that in a way.   I must be an idiot but I...
 I would have given the movie a 10/10 except for something that ruined it for me. Reminds me of "Failan" from South Korea. Love that long shot on the beach that is all one take. Felt like I was really there.  Not sure if there is a youtube video out there of that scene, but I like it for some reason. It's this one:http://www.steadishots.org/shots_detail.cfm?shotID=298 I really do wish we had more movies like this though..
 That's a good one and I kept thinking about it years later. After watching that I went out and bought the director's next film "The Banishment". I think my version I had to order from Amazon UK and it's PAL only.I haven't seen it yet. "The Return" is the kind of movie I like, but it definitely won't put you in a good mood. I always love a movie with some amazing cinematography. Have you seen anything from Nuri Bilge Ceylan? Sometimes I think i've watched all his films...
 You should do it. Vali is very very good with the Q701. In fact it sounded almost identical to my main amp (and upgraded power supply) which cost about $350 when it was new. With the Vali and the Q701 there is just a touch of warmth (from the amp), but I didn't find it to be a warm sounding amp. Just not cold/thin like the stock O2 or Magni. Vali sounds transparent with the Q701. Vali (with Q701 and AKGs only) sounded pretty similar to how the Q701 sounds on the iFi iCAN...
 Are they very loose? I tried the SRH-1840 and SRH-940 pads but they really made it WAY too bass light. I even spent an hour or so modding a pair of SRH-940 pads to try and get them to sound good. I also did not like the SRH-840 pads. Based on memory they made everything too thin and harsh. It seems very hard to find the SRH1540 pads now. Amazon has them but it's a 3-5 week wait!
If you love how the stock O2 sounds, then there is no real reason to swap op-amps. I actually only did it because I don't love how it sounds with the Q701 and some brighter headphones.In this case I don't care about having the best measurements. I only care about what my ears tell me. Some minor coloration is OK. I also found myself almost never using the O2 and op-amps (in most cases) are dirt cheap!   Swapping op-amps on the O2 is easy and all it requires is a few...
I know Schiit will hate this one, but I would definitely pay $99 for a desktop or portable amp with...op-amps! I love being able to switch those out easily. I know some say this doesn't change the sound at all, but that hasn't been my experience.   I know it won't be as technically as good as their other desktop amps, but that's OK.   PS. I really like the sound of the OPA2134. That seems to work well with most AKG headphones and the HD-650.   An under $100 portable...
 It's right here:http://www.head-fi.org/t/660408/reversible-akg-k701-bass-mod It's also linked from the first post in this thread.
 Somehow I'm a fan of the OPA2134. There has not been an amp with that where I haven't liked it. E9 is the "worse", but still good (for the money).The M-Stage, Headroom Micro Amp, iFI iCAN and E9 all use the 2134.Some say it's slow, laid back or dark, but I don't think so at all. I tried the OPA2227 and it seems a little warmer, but yet has a wider soundstage(!). I put the LM4562 in my O2 and it was a fail with the stock Q701, but when modded it sounds great.LM4562 with a...