or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Dark Souls 3 - 7/10   Not liking this game much. It seems like it's not as well balanced as Dark Souls. It's almost as if it's trying to force me to totally change my play style. What's the point of even using a shield to block if I get staggered nearly every time just by weak enemies.   I found the High Wall of Lothric harder than even Anor Londo in Dark Souls 1! The enemies are much more aggressive and by the time I get to the boss i'm down to only 2 Estus...
Independence day 2 - 6.75/10   I liked it. Seems to be best when it's not trying to take itself so seriously. If it wasn't for some of the comedy I might have rated this lower.   I really wish Will Smith would have been in this! Maybe they offered him a role, but he refused the script (doubt it). I think they just assumed he would be too expensive to hire.   Some of it is kind of boring. Definitely not as fun/entertaining as the original.   I've seen the original...
The Martian - 6/10   I watched this last night for the 2nd time. Thought maybe it would improve if I watched it at home. My impressions haven't changed much. I probably rated it before and gave it a 6.5 or something?   The first half was ok, but then I really just get bored with it. It just seems to drag on and on. I think if they chopped 20 minutes off it would be better. I don't have a short attention span, but I just had a hard time finding any of this...
The Last of Us Remasted - 6/10   Sorry guys, but I really hate this game! This is a very early impression since i'm only 5-6 hours in. I know most people loved it. The story is OK, but i've felt like i've seen this done before in a million other movies. Don't like the gameplay and the controls are terrible. In the Uncharted series they were perfect, but they seem to have taken a step back here. Graphics are pretty ugly and I have my TV calibrated to perfection but it...
Uncharted 4 - 10/10 First few chapters I found to be a waste of time and didn't help with the story as much as it should have. I would have chopped out a lot of parts. It just dragged on too long. I have tons of patience really. I actually sort of didn't like the game much until I got too Scotland. I really disliked the auction house chapter. As the game goes on it just keeps getting better and better though. Loved the driving parts in the jungle and they reminded me of...
Sophie Scholl, the Final Days - 9.5/10   Good movie about some of the members of the White Rose resistance group during WWII. Apparently a lot of the movie is based on interrogation documents. Not sure how true this is.   Too bad Amazon ruined the prime version of this and forgot to deinterlace it. I'm going to go complain about it and have them fix it!
Anomalisa - 6.5/10   What a disappointment! Loved it at first, but then it kept going downhill after he meets Lisa. The sex scene also went on for an eternity for no real reason. By the end I was just thinking to myself "That's it?". Felt totally pointless overall.   There's a few laugh out loud moments for me that would probably not be as funny for most. I found the room service scene rather amusing.   I just wanted more from this movie. It had so much potential...
Matrix - 9/10 (rated this a few days ago above)   Matrix Reloaded - 6.5/10   This entire Matrix storyline is total nonsense to me. The acting is just so fake and nobody acts like real humans. I can understand why they did this though. Sometimes I think the Matrix series is one of the most pretentious sci-fi movies of all time. Doesn't mean it's not entertaining!   Anyway, the only thing this had going for it is the pretty impressive action scenes. With this entire...
I finally upgraded my PC after 7 years. Back in the day I just got so sick of constantly upgrading so much and then having random issues. Back then I probably spent more money on parts than I would now.   I actually only upgraded because it took 3 1/2 hours to encode a 1080p file to DVD. I also had only eSATA and no USB 3.0 Worse yet was that my computer only accepted a maximum size of 2TB for the hard drive! Kind of sad that eSATA is sort of going the way of the dodo...
 I was considering the Xbox One for awhile but many of the games I want to play are PS4 only.Sounds stupid but I really started to dislike Microsoft even more when they closed Lionhead studios. I do love my 360 though. I also heard Xbox One had some problems with Fallout 4 due to a slower hard drive, but Microsoft probably fixed it by now. The PC version is the best i've heard, but my PC wasn't fast enough for it and we're talking about $600 just to get it to play.My...