Posts by tdockweiler

I looked at the picture on that link above and to me they just look so much bigger than the DJ100. This is a very good thing IMO. Maybe those people just have tiny heads.It also seems like maybe the cups are much deeper. This could also have some sort of effect on the sound (an improvement). I guess we'll never know for sure until someone inspects them. The pads have a white fabric over them. Maybe they came up with some ideas to improve it over the DJ200/100. I sure hope...
Anyone have these on order? They just came out and i'm pretty excited to get a pair of them when I actually have money! They also have an aux input. If they didn't I'd have skipped them.   It looks similar to my favorite DJ100/200, but a bit bigger (for the bluetooth stuff) and best of all, it has memory foam pads!! If they're even bigger than the DJ200, then maybe the sound will be improved a little.   I actually like the idea of having a bluetooth headphone around....
Nice! More overpriced fashion headphones from Sennheiser. Let me guess, they will be priced at $349.99 partly because they "look cool" and the marketing gurus think you'll be willing to pay that.
 I could have sworn I read a lot of posts saying the Valhalla was surprisingly good with the K701 (and of course probably the K712). I know it makes no sense. The new version 2 should be even better. I hope it's like a Vali on steroids and without the ringing. Vali with the Q701 variations is quite impressive. About identical in sound to my favorite amp that cost $350+ (although..only with the Q701)If I was rich i'd go out and buy the Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2 and send back the...
Does anyone else think the Modi has very good and smooth treble? I don't know how it could be considered bright, harsh or treble happy. It's not at all for me and never has been. I think i've had it for maybe over a year now or more and it's been a keeper even after finding a better DAC.   The thing I noticed only after a year and with some very bright/trebly headphones is that it has much smoother treble than other DACs.   The T90 is especially good on the Modi, but...
Boyhood - ??/10...hmm maybe a 6.5   Entertainment value: 4/10   MINOR SPOILERS and this "review" is all over the place. I'm tired.   It's hard to put into a score my opinion of this movie. I really didn't love it at all and don't know if I want to endure it again. For me some scenes are just barely interesting enough to hold my attention. Why? Not sure since I have a super huge attention span. I think I could relate to a ton of things in here, but it just wasn't...
Hundred Foot Journey - 9/10   Not very original at all, but I enjoyed every single minute of this movie. It's the kind of movie I like. Many would want to judge this movie before even seeing it. Let's see...it's produced by Oprah and Spielberg and released by Disney...   I bought my mom a ticket to this and she likes it too.       Life Itself - 5.5/10   I always read Ebert's reviews and would check his website every Friday for new ones. I should have just read...
Another Dawn of the Planet of the Apes They Return Again - 9/10   I was a little late seeing this in the theater but i'm glad I did see it. Perfect movie to see after a looooong day at work. Took awhile to get going and I didn't like the first 15-20 minutes much. It doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the main actor in the movie, but he did OK here. It kept getting better and better the more I watched it (same as with Snowpiercer).   Surprised this doesn't have tons...
Snowpiercer - 10/10 ??   The latest movie from the the director of "Host", "Mother" and "Memories of Murder". It's a south korean film as far as I know, but has an international cast. You don't see this a whole lot. Last one that comes to mind is the amazing Shuni Iwaii film "Swallowtail Butterfly" which has probably 4 different languages spoken in it.   Anyway, first 5 minute impression was that it had bad acting from some of the smaller roles and some of the...
 I read that book and stopped after maybe 50 pages. Glad I eventually finished it and really liked it. If you loved the book don't have the experience ruined by watching the movie!The movie really sucked the life out of the book and some of my favorite parts of the book were totally left out. The movie is way too dreary and kind of depressing. It's like a summary of the book and I wonder if the director read it. He should have focused less on the look of the film and more...