Posts by tdockweiler

Coming to America - 9/10   I've seen this about 4 times now. I don't usually like Eddie Murphy movies, but I love this one. He was also pretty funny in "Bowfinger" if anyone remembers that.
Kong - 7.75/10   Not as much fun as it could have been. It scored some points more towards the end. There's some comedy in it but nothing too funny. I don't think anyone in the theater laughed once. They were totally silent the entire movie which is pretty rare. John C Reilly should be in more movies BTW. He was one of the few interesting characters in the movie. The movie would be better if he was in the entire movie and they added more comedy!   BTW I'd rank this...
Lord of the flies (1990) - 5.75/10
Bottle Rocket - 8.75/10   Really enjoyed this one and I usually hate Wes Anderson films. Thought "Moonrise Kingdom" was one of his best films, but "The Life Aquatic.." and "The Grand Budapest Hotel" were horrible. Liked this one's characters and most of the comedy. I've seen it before and don't remember it being this funny. It's not "LOL" funny, but still funny.   My local theater in a smaller city played this and I was bored so I went to see it on the big...
Right now it's the bass modded Q701 with the Bravo V2 (Basically the Ocean without an enclosure) and a new stock Electro Harmonix tube. Perfect combination really and I didn't like this amp much with the Q701 until I got that tube! Cost me under $20.   Now i'm addicted to this headphone again and got it back in 2013 I think. I really need to find more tubes that make it even better with the Q701.   PS the DAC I'm using is the Headroom Micro DAC (CS4398). It's pretty...
 Wow, you too? I thought I was the only one and I wonder what causes this. I first heard this on the Asgard 1 and then the Asgard 2. The Asgard 1 was pretty good with the HD-600, but not so much with the HD-650. I do remember the Asgard 1 also sounding awful with the K702. Somehow the Bravo V2 has been a better "all-rounder" than every Schiit amp i've tried. It's especially good with the DT-880/990 IMO. Thanks for the impressions of the Valhalla 2. The more expensive...
 That's strange to me because I think they're quite similar in sound.Well, I have the bass modded Q701 and the HD-650 has slightly more low bass presence and is somewhat fuller in the mids and more closed in sounding. I actually recently bought the DT-990 250 ohm Premium and sold that because it wasn't different enough from my other headphones Everything people told me about that headphone was wrong. For example, it was not cold/brittle or some sort of bass monster. No...
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 6.5/10   Felt like one of those super polished Disney movies with really cartoony and unrealistic characters. The intro scenes of his past were awful. As I was watching this it's pretty clear it must have given the makers of "Uncharted" (the video game series) some ideas. I actually think playing through any of those games is more entertaining that watching this.     BTW I actually liked the Oscars last night. Jimmy Kimmel did a...
 Have you seen "City of Life and Death"? That's one about the Nanking Massacre that's very disturbing but doesn't bombard you with lots of blood and gore.One viewing of it was enough for me. I've read up on those experiments and it's too disturbing to even imagine. They even did such things to some of the captured American pilots who bombed Tokyo during WWII.One was even imprisoned at a zoo like an animal and another one sent for experiments at a university. What makes me...
Lion - 10/10   I'll be perfectly happy if this or "Hacksaw Ridge" wins Best Picture at the Oscars.     Too bad that that really unfunny "comedian" is hosting them. I'll try to mute the TV whenever he's talking.   PS I hope Andrew Garfield wins best actor. "Sully" also deserved more nominations.