or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Where to Invade Next - 9/10   Too bad this didn't do well at theaters. I thought it was one of Michael Moores better films. I bought the DVD and am glad I did. Possibly the most entertaining new movie i've seen in a few months.     Money Monster - 8.25/10   Not very believable, but overall it's good and i'm glad I saw it. Reminded me a little of "Dog Day Afternoon" and some parts of "Phone Booth".
This is my favorite amp and dac in the world and it's painful to sell them. Trying to get extra money for a PS4.   I will sell each for $150 shipped, but prefer to sell them together.   They were purchased new and are the AC powered versions. IMO they sounded great with almost everything I used them with. Especially good with the AKG Q701 and Sennheiser HD-650.   Both include no accessories but each come with an Astrodyne Power Supply (originally $100 each). Both...
The 5th Wave - 4/10   Yes, it's really that bad. Not one good idea in this movie and it's like the author of the book watched 100 similar movies and just stole everyone elses ideas. Not sure if I hated a movie this much since "Tomorrowland". Pretty painful to watch and somehow I made it to the end. I'd have rated it higher maybe if it was somewhat entertaining. Luckily the acting isn't as bad as "Maze Runner".   PS is the Divergent series as bad as this? I'm guessing...
Brooklyn - 10/10   Near perfect I think. Enjoyed most every second of this, which is rare. I found it on Redbox and think i'll go buy the blu-ray and see it again.   Harry and Tonto - 10/10   This is an old favorite starring Art Carney. I've now seen it 4 times.   Pee Wee's Big Holiday - 6.5/10   Not a funny movie, but just amusing. The best scenes had Joe Manganiello in them. I kind of enjoyed it, but what makes this so watchable is just how weird it is....
Spotlight - 6.5/10   Hard to believe this won over "The Revenant" for best picture at the oscars.
Deadpool - 6/10   Reminds me a little of "Darkman". I probably would have liked this more if I found it a little more funny.
Cloverfield Lane - 9/10 Sort of slow and i wish the last part was longer...
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot - 4/10   This one sounded somewhat interesting and nothing else out was worth watching. This one is basically 75% garbage. It's as if someone had written a book and then just made a movie out of random pieces of barely interesting things from it. Lots of stupid stereotypes of people from the middle east. This is supposed to be a comedy but there isn't anything funny in it. Too much of the running time was spent showing her getting drunk,...
99 Homes - 10/10   I have no complaints about this. Loved it, but it's pretty sad despite nobody actually dying. I really didn't have any idea what an actual eviction would be like. While watching it, it felt so realistic that I felt like I was the one getting evicted! I can't imagine being kicked out of a home you've lived in most of your entire life.   I can relate to this movie in a way. The economy (and my business) went south and I was forced to sell my house...
The Intern - 8.5/10   Haven't seen many movies lately, but I really enjoyed this one. If it wasn't for Anne Hathaway and Deniro, this wouldn't be nearly as good. The best parts were when they were both together...somehow.   PS i'm very glad Dicaprio won best actor award at the Oscars. Still disappointed that Will Smith didn't get nominated. He deserved it. Hard to believe Matt Damon got nominated over him.