or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Hamburger Hill - 5.5/10   I should have liked this more than I did, but I just could not get into it. The combat scenes were not very well done or believable and half the running time is spent on listening to people talk. I like the parts about the treatment of vietnam vets though. People risk their lives for their country and then get treated like dirt when they get home. One soldier's girlfriend told him that she couldn't send him letters anymore because it was...
Saving Private Ryan - 7/10   Possibly the most overrated war movie there is. Somehow I can barely get through this one anymore because it's so boring. I like some of it's themes, but the story I find too hard to believe. I know it's totally fiction, but I highly doubt the military would have so many people risk their lives just for one person.   The D-day sequence is nothing special and the only thing unique about it is that it's so gory. I'm sure it's fairly...
Patriot's Day - 9.5/10   Surprised how good this was. The last half was pretty intense and I was glued to my seat waiting to see what happened next. The manhunt sequences were the best parts of the movie. The two actors who played the terrorists did a really good job. It was almost scary to me when they took the asian guy hostage.   I do wonder how accurate the final shootout is compared to real life events. Did they really throw out that many bombs? The one scene...
Silence - 6.5/10   Really disappointed in this. Kind of wowed by it during the first half then it just gets really tedious and repetitive. How many scenes do we really need of torture or people being forced to commit Apostasy. Best thing about this though is the acting by Andrew Garfield and the nice scenery/cinematography. Somehow it doesn't make you think as much as it should.   If I would be forced to commit Apostasy I'd just play make believe to save my own hide...
I take back what I said about Dark Souls 3 being easier than the first! The levels are easier overall but some of the bosses are HARDER. The regular enemies in Dark Souls 3 are sometimes harder to kill too and often require more than standing behind a shield.   I had no major problems with any bosses until I got to Dancer of Boreal Valley. I'm level 70 now with a Hard Longsword +7 and have died about 20 times now. It seems I do best when I roll around non-stop like...
 Right now i'm using the Crest Shield. It seems to have pretty good stats.I don't actively check online for best gear builds because I want to find everything on my own.I'm using the starter Knight gear and when I even upgrade just one piece I start doing the FAT ROLL.I hate using Havel's Ring and I really need to raise my Vitality past 20! I got the Katarina set early on because Siegward died (somehow) but it's just too weird looking and too heavy.I'll probably get the...
 Not really necessary, but there are a few areas in Dark Souls 3 where it might be more interesting if you had played through part 1.For example, you get to revisit some areas from DS1 in part 3. They're not the same and I don't want to spoil anything. As mentioned in previous posts, DS3 feels more like a mix between Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne (IMO).In this one it seems a lot harder to just stand there behind a shield the whole time. Well in some areas you can of...
Hidden Figures - 9/10   Very well made movie with some good acting. Kevin Costner actually made this one even better. It's also hard to believe that was Jim Parsons in this one! Have to admit I'm somewhat clueless about the treatment of african-americans back in even the 60s. What would make a white person treat others like this... Then just the idea that other white people would sit by and tolerate it and not speak out about it. It's just sad to imagine people of my...
Dark Souls 3 - 10/10   Definitely think this is the best From Software game and I even like it more than Dark Souls 1. It's not an easy game, but maybe a  little easier than DS1. It's actually by far ONE of the best games i've ever played. It's also extremely fun and addicting. On my weekend off I blew through 4 areas because I just could not put my controller down. Had to go exploring every little area I could.   At times I kept dying over and over but never once...
Started playing Dark Souls 3 again and I regret judging it too early based on a rental. It got a little easier for me when I leveled up a lot and raised Vigor.   Right now I just beat the Crystal Sage and am on the way to the next area. She gave me a few problems and I had to adjust my play style a lot to beat her. Using a 1-handed sword and my regular armor was a total fail. Took me about 4 attempts. When she was down to 20% HP I could barely move because I kept...