or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Escape from Sobibor - 8.5/10   Old "POW" escape type movie that I never heard about until I saw it for sale for $2.00 Starring Alan Arkin and Rutger Hauer.   Star Trek Beyond - 4/10   Found it rather stupid overall and nearly as dumb as something like "Red Planet" or "Independence Day". If I was watching it at home I would have probably turned it off or fallen asleep. I actually liked the last one. Painful to watch really. I really wish I could have fun watching...
The Mermaid - 8/10   Latest movie from Stephen Chow. Craziest movie i've seen in years. Quite a lot of extremely funny parts. I think many Americans would find this a bit too weird. Somehow I found this at Redbox and it was subtitled!
The Program - 9/10 I don't think this one got very many good reviews, but I found it fascinating.Of course i'm kind of clueless about what really happened before I watched this.I would need to check into how accurate this movie is. Eddie the Eagle - 10/10 Sorry, but I loved this one and found it to be the most fun i've had watching a movie in a very long time.I wish there were more movies like this. Reminds me of "World's Fastest Indian" a lot (which is a personal...
I'm liking this game a lot more lately. I beat the first boss on the 2nd try and the Blood Starved Beast (3rd boss) on the first try somehow. I cheated on Father Gascoigne though, but should not have done this.   I spent my time on leveling up and keeping my weapon upgraded. It seems to help a lot. My armor though is probably outdated and a set I found in the first sewer.   I was pretty terrible at first, but now i'm getting a lot better. It takes a few tries to...
Bloodborne - 7.5/10   Not loving this really, but I do like it. The regular levels are not extremely difficult, but they sort of confuse me. I beat the first boss on the 2nd try (he 1shotted me on the first try I think) but the 2nd one is way too hard IMO. It's funny how many times i've heard this is like a Dark Souls game for the casual player. Can't agree with that at all.   Favorite level so far is Old Yharnam. Felt like the movie "Groundhog's Day" because I died...
 Tons of movies out there that are no fun to watch that could be rated even a 10/10 For example, maybe something like "City of Life and Death" from China about the Nanjing Massacre or a war movie like "Come and See".Another one that comes to mind is "The Reader". After watching that movie I couldn't sleep at all that night. Movies rarely make me lose sleep like that! I don't always watch movies just for fun/entertainment, but these days that's what I prefer! Not enough...
Mission Impossible 3 - 7.75/10   This movie is really no fun at all to watch. Some good action scenes, but that's it. At times I felt like I was watching a "Saw" movie. BTW this is only from 2006, but the DVD has really horrible video quality for it's age.     Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - 9/10   This one is part four and just as good as part 5. It has a lot more comedy and is way more fun/entertaining than the last one. I could probably watch this a dozen...
 I will give it another go pretty soon. Luckily I didn't shatter my copy into a million pieces. Thankfully I don't have a bad temper, but this game made me really mad!I probably spent 200+ hours on Dark Souls 1. Now that I think of it, I never really attempted to level up too much. Maybe that would help. I deleted it off my hard drive but hopefully the saves are still there. I must love punishing myself because I just bought "Bloodborne" and "Dark Souls II".Got DS2 for $8....
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - 9/10   Second time seeing this and it has always been stuck in my head. Love this movie and now I own it. Hard to believe this is PG! It's fun/scary and not gory. Not exactly a family movie though! For PG it surprising to see an axe to the head and nudity (which is a no-no in the USA for PG movies). Can you imagine what they would do if there was nudity in a PG movie these days? In the 80s it was no big deal. Here in the USA I...
Dark Souls 3 - 7/10   Not liking this game much. It seems like it's not as well balanced as Dark Souls. It's almost as if it's trying to force me to totally change my play style. What's the point of even using a shield to block if I get staggered nearly every time just by weak enemies.   I found the High Wall of Lothric harder than even Anor Londo in Dark Souls 1! The enemies are much more aggressive and by the time I get to the boss i'm down to only 2 Estus...