Posts by tdockweiler

Ike: Countdown to D-Day - 10/10   Surprised how good this was. I really can't think of any negatives of this one. FYI Ike is the nickname of Dwight D. Eisenhower. He's also played by Tom Selleck (who did very well in his role)!   This is actually better (IMO) than "Patton", "Macarthur" and something like "Emperor".   It reminds me a little of an old B&W film about Admiral William J. Halsey called "The Gallant Hours" (with James Cagney).   Both are two war movies...
 Nope, just me attempting to type on a tiny screen. I updated my review with some random comments.Far better than stuff like Furious 7 and all this Marvel superhero nonsense.
Mad max: fury road - 8/10 Most impressive thing about this one is the stunts. How the heck did they film all this without a ton of people getting injured?! Pretty amazing. I don't know why, but this movie isn't that fun to watch. It's entertaining, but lots of doom & gloom and this makes sense of course. Couldn't put lots of comedy in it. Some parts are pretty suspenseful & theres almost non-stop action. Best parts were in the last 20 minutes. I was WOWed by alot of it,...
Birdman - 4/10   Hated nearly every minute of this nonsense. The only somewhat interesting part is when "birdman" shows up. Hard to believe this won best picture at the oscars. The only good thing about this is the acting.   You should see the rating for this on Amazon! 2.5 out of 5 with thousands of reviews. I actually rented it because of that.Yes, i'm weird. Some of the best movies often get the worst reviews from regular people (not critics).   The 5/5 rating...
Avengers 2 - 5.5/10   80% of the movie is really dull/boring to me. Most of the time it's people standing around trying to act serious about such a dumb storyline. It really feels like this movie is just too filler-filled. As if they were trying to extend the running time. Hey, wait, maybe because they ran out of good ideas years ago at Marvel and just like to waste our time. Once the action starts it just turns into something like a Transformers movie. The comedy is...
The Steel Helment - 9/10   Hard to believe this was made in 1951 because it's totally unlike most war movies of the time. It's made by the Samuel Fuller who directed "The Big Red One". This one is a real hidden gem that most people will overlook. I think it had a very small budget but it's still very good. I'd probably rank it up there with "Battleground" from 1949 (one of my favorites).       Gung-ho - 4/10   Basically just another ultra-patriotic and...
 I played Far Cry 3 and liked it but found it VERY annoying. Hated most of the annoying characters and the entire storyline. When it was over (i finished it) I never wanted to play it ever again. This might seem weird, but I found Far Cry 3 hard. Not painfully difficult, but I died a LOT. During one part I had to reduce my difficulty to easy from "Normal". Actually the difficulty varied so much for me. At the start I died so fast without any upgrades. I have Far Cry 2 and...
 Played New Vegas and liked it the first time around and spent maybe 100 hours in it. The second time around I found it extremely boring for some reason. Fallout 3 is one game i've spent maybe thousands of hours on. It never gets old really. I also liked Oblivion and finished that 3 or so times. Somehow when i'm playing it, it isn't as fun as it should be. Something strange about Skyrim. It seems like there's tons of stuff to do in it but once you've seen it all you just...
I only bought Watch Dogs because I was desperate for a new open world type game. I have no interest in something like the Grand Theft Auto series.   Any other "sandbox" games that have hacking mini-games like in Bioshock 2 or have upgrades like in Fallout 3/Bioshock and Dishonored? Dishonored 2 would be amazing if the world was more open.   Instead of "Watch Dogs" I almost got "Thief" because I thought it might be similar to "Dishonored".   BTW I should play Dark...
Watch Dogs - 9/10   The trailer of it I saw years ago made it look terrible. Read up on it and it sounded interesting enough. Bought it for $22 locally and it's been worth it. I didn't like it at first but then when you figure how everything works it's pretty fun. The interface to me seems unnecessarily confusing. For example I was trying to bring up my main mission in some sort of log or something but couldn't find it (it actually wasn't listed). Turns out it's just a...