or Connect

Posts by tdockweiler

Ant-Man - 8/10 Enjoyed this, but it dragged a bit during the halfway mark and stopped being as interesting to watch. The last part made up for it.Some of the comedy was just awkward and not funny, but I loved Thomas the train! Found that hilarious, but maybe I have a weird sense of humor.   PS it's better than the lousy Avengers 2 movie. Not sure if it's better than the original Spiderman. I generally hate superhero movies.  Jupiter Ascending - 6/10 What the heck did I...
Fed Up - 6/10   Another documentary about food and the obesity problem. Nothing new here really. They seem to only want to blame obesity on sugar and processed foods. What about foods that are too calorie dense, high fat foods and disease causing animal proteins? No mention of any of that in this movie. The movie only spends a few minutes mentioning to eat whole foods (without too many ingredients). Not much mention of the science or research.   One disturbing fact I...
 Part 2 is good, but I think it's a bit overrated. Same as with every other James Cameron film (especially Avatar).Somehow I think one of his best movie is "The Abyss"! I haven't seen T2 in years but I imagine i'd give it an 8/10 or so. I've seen it about 6 times, so I don't hate it.Sometimes that movie takes itself way too seriously and I really dislike it's characters. Oh and I also hated Alien, but liked part 2. "Aliens" is a bit overrated too, but pretty...
Terminator Genisys - 8/10   I saw the 25% rotten score on rottenomatoes and now I'm going to skip that terrible site forever. It ruins the fun of movies really. Despite that overall score I dragged myself to see it anyway. I was really bored.   Really loved it and found it to be one of the more entertaining movies i've seen in a few months. It has some comedy in it too. Arnold also gets a lot of screen time too. I thought they would have killed him off in 15...
Jurassic World - 4.5/10   Started out being very boring and the whole rest of the movie is boring. Stupid storyline, stupid characters and none of them have any real personality. Not even interesting enough to watch. All this time since part 1 and they somehow failed to come up with any good new ideas. It's like they just wanted to make a bunch of money and threw together a script in a few days. Is there a Jurassic World book? I sure hope not. It must be just as...
San Andreas - 7.5/10   Seems a bit high but I enjoyed it. I actually skipped this 2 times and finally forced myself to see it.  Needed a break and I live next door to the theater. There's not much story and I'd say the only reason it worked well for me is that I found it's characters somewhat interesting. The Rock's acting wasn't terrible somehow.   When it's over you're thinking "That's it?".   I paid $14 to see this in 3d. Not sure if it's worth that much. I skip...
I Wish - 10/10   This is one is made by Hirokazu Koreeda who is one of my favorite directors. He also directed "Still Walking" and "Nobody Knows". This is the third time i've seen this and it's probably my favorite type of movie. Not much going on in this movie and pretty simple storyline. I think it's probably still free on Amazon prime, but not sure. It's PG and you can even make your kids watch this, but they might be bored with it. BTW I wish they sold Karukan...
Ike: Countdown to D-Day - 10/10   Surprised how good this was. I really can't think of any negatives of this one. FYI Ike is the nickname of Dwight D. Eisenhower. He's also played by Tom Selleck (who did very well in his role)!   This is actually better (IMO) than "Patton", "Macarthur" and something like "Emperor".   It reminds me a little of an old B&W film about Admiral William J. Halsey called "The Gallant Hours" (with James Cagney).   Both are two war movies...
 Nope, just me attempting to type on a tiny screen. I updated my review with some random comments.Far better than stuff like Furious 7 and all this Marvel superhero nonsense.
Mad max: fury road - 8/10 Most impressive thing about this one is the stunts. How the heck did they film all this without a ton of people getting injured?! Pretty amazing. I don't know why, but this movie isn't that fun to watch. It's entertaining, but lots of doom & gloom and this makes sense of course. Couldn't put lots of comedy in it. Some parts are pretty suspenseful & theres almost non-stop action. Best parts were in the last 20 minutes. I was WOWed by alot of it,...