Posts by tdockweiler

Treasure of the Sierra Madre - 9/10   I've seen this twice now. First time was probably 15 years ago and I forgot most everything about it. Hard to believe it's from 1948!   Oh and I haven't seen Interstellar another time since last week. Four times is good enough for one month! Maybe when I get out of work this week  
 Not sure if you'll still read this but I don't often check here as much as before. Less money these days and I don't want to get tempted. To me the DJ100 and KRK KNS-8400 are probably comparable. I personally prefer the DJ100 by far. If the DJ100 did not exist I'd probably use the KRKs. The major difference to me is that the DJ100 has smoother treble. It's a little more polite and not harsh at all. It's somewhat forgiving for those very bright/harsh Jpop recordings. I...
 It's been so long that I barely remember how many holes I put in them, how large or how many.I'm pretty sure I just put 2 in the top (left and right) and 2 more in the bottom. I posted this somewhere so try to do a search for the old name of the pads. They were previously called "Pearstone" pads. When you put the Auray pads on the DJ100 it will sort of be in an oval shape. I had to poke the holes on the insides of the pad in the black area. I don't really suggest this...
I saw Interstellar again for free and even on Imax the sound was perfect this time around. Even on loud scenes you could hear the dialogue.The only time it was hard to hear is when it was supposed to be that way (about 1 part that I can think of).Some of the jokes from LARS were hard to hear. It really bugs me how much dialogue I had previously missed. It's as if it wasn't even there. My idea is that some bad versions of the film went out and they fixed them somehow. On...
 I'm surprised to even hear of it having "super hype". To me it doesn't sound really popular at all. For example on my Facebook page I've only noticed one person mention anything about it!I don't even know if it's doing well at the box office. I actually didn't expect it to be #1 for weeks due to being a sci-fi movies. Some people I know will totally avoid those. I offered to take my mom to see this but she wouldn't go even if I probably offered her $100!!I think I told...
To Hell and Back - 7/10 (1955)   Movie about one of the most decorated WWII soldiers. Check out this list of medals and info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy   Proof that soldiers as tough as Rambo really did exist! During one part of the movie I was thinking "no way this could have happened!". Turns out it was true and in worse conditions than what was in the movie.Apparently he held off an entire company of German soldiers for an hour himself on top of a...
Proof that Nolan must be an idiot or something. Only man in Hollywood who releases a defective sound mix and claims it's as intended. No way 5-10% of missing dialogue is "as intended". Sounded like some sort of April Fools joke.   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/christopher-nolan-breaks-silence-interstellar-749465
Turns out the sound mix for Interstellar is total garbage as someone else pointed out. I've now seen the movie twice in Imax digital format and once on the regular screen.   There's lots of dialogue that's completely inaudible on all versions.   I hope they fix it. I've complained to my local theater and to the distributor.   Here's a thread I found about this: http://www.slashfilm.com/interstellar-sound-issues/   Complaint...
 Interstellar is a love story? Wow! I should have brought my wife along. I didn't know this! I actually would not be surprised if a lot of people gave it a negative review. Since you found it boring, 6.5/10 makes sense. I was surprised that it didn't bore me for ever one second, yet "The Dark Knight" did. How does an "action" film manage to bore me?! Some of my favorite movies are ones where you will either love it or hate it. Just look at "The Thin Red Line". Some think...
Vali IMO is a poor match for the HD-650. To me it sounded awful. It had a very muffled, closed in and congested sound WITH THE HD-650. Yet you connect the Q701 and it's perfect! My HD-650 never sounds this way unless it's attached to an amp it hates (like the Asgard1). It sounds best on an O2, Micro Amp, Ifi iCAN and even the lowly Bravo V2!   When switching DACs with the Vali when using the the HD-650 I couldn't hear much difference. Why? The Vali was crapping up the...