Posts by tdockweiler

1) AKG Q701 (bass modded) 2) Sennheiser HD-650 3) Koss Tony Bennett - it's M50 pads are now hard as a rock so I don't use it much. 4) AKG K400 EP/LP 5) AKG K55   Luckily i've been retired from all this nonsense for the last few years thanks to the Q701 and HD-650.    
Air Force One - 5.75/10   This one sort of feels like a TV movie. The acting is pretty average overall and the special effects are quite bad. Pretty stupid overall. Hard to believe it cost $85 million to make and still had such lousy special effects. How on earth did this also make 300 million at the box office.   Suggestion: Watch "Executive Decision" instead. I've seen that one several dozen times and it's a good "popcorn movie".   BTW I'm getting so sick of...
Really loving the Bravo V2. I've owned it for over a year and it's really grown on me. Most of the time it sat in my closest without being used much. I never really liked it with the AKG Q701, but I realized it just takes the right tube for that headphone to sound good on this amp. I actually was impressed with how good the HD-650 sounded on it.   A few days ago I bought an Electro Harmonix (new production) 12AU7 tube and it's easily the best one i've heard...
War of the Worlds (2005) - 8/10   Not quite as bad as the remember. When I saw this when it came out I remember it feeling more like a holocaust movie. Totally depressing and not much fun at all. A little more fun to watch this time around for some reason. Rachel is still super annoying in this movie. Oh well, I don't blame her acting.   BTW I just read that MTV is planning a TV series of this. No thanks! It might be good, but I don't have much hope if it's...
 Yes, try the DT-990 Premium 250 ohm.They're nowhere near bass heavy and don't have too much treble IMO.The DT-990 is closer in sound to a bass modded Q701. I actually sold my DT-990 Premium 250 ohm version I got on sale for $125 because it was too similar to all my other headphones! There is also the DT-880, but I found them too boring and didn't have quite enough bass for me.
The Descendants - 7/10   Feels a bit like oscar bait. I swear i've seen this storyline about a million different times. George Clooney is good in nearly every role he's in (IMO), but he doesn't seem to have much range as an actor yet. In this one he acted the same way as he did in Michael Clayton. Yes, he can act!   There is some comedy in here too, but it's actually more annoying than funny.   PS this reminded me of "Savages" which is a much better film.
Anyone playing Nioh? Sold out everywhere here and that never happens! Looks similar to some From Software games.
Down and Out in Beverly Hills - 8.75/10   I don't usually watch a lot of comedies, but this is one of the funniest ones i've seen in a long time. There's several reasons why this is worth checking into..   It's based on the french film "Boudou Saved From Drowning" (the play version). It has both Nick Nolte and Richard Dreyfuss in it. Anything with Dreyfuss in it is usually good. It's also directed by Paul Mazursky. Back in the day he was a favorite director of mine...
King Rat - 10/10   This one is a real hidden gem that few people know about it seems. When watching it you just knew it had to of come from a book. I definitely want to read it now. It's written by James Clavell and based on his experience of living in a POW camp during WWII. The main character in this movie reminds me of William Holden's character in "Stalag 17". I'm sure others like them were in many POW camps. The type of guy that makes deals with guards and runs...
Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark - 8/10   Not much to complain about. Non-stop action basically and it's not too stupid. What's with all the female characters though where all they get to do is act scared and scream. I guess there is less of that in Hollywood these days at least. The one negative of this movie is that there is some serious over-acting. Not just a little... It's also easy to tell this was an inspiration for the Uncharted video game...