Posts by tdockweiler

The theory of everything - 6/10 Terrible score that basically ruined most of it
Enigma - 5/10   Not sure how a movie about WWII code breakers could be so bad. I guess I also tend to dislike the films of Michael Apted. Looking forward to "The Imitation Game" though.     BTW I skipped "Gone Girl" because I figured it'd be some dark/depressing movie where some missing person dies at the end. Was I wrong? I hate movies like "Seven" and anything too grim or dark. I even avoided "Prisoners" because of this. When I was younger I watched a ton of...
The Dam Busters - 9/10   Very good underrated WWII movie i've now seen twice. Basically this movies focus is on the building of the mine. It had to bounce off the water multiple times to hit it's target. The goal was to halt the production of steel to help the war effort. Without water no steel could be produced.   Only fault of the movie is the main character's dog was a black lab and named the "N-word". Didn't bother me, but just felt a big strange. They're remaking...
 And about $104 on tickets..luckily I live within walking distance of an Imax theater.When i've had a long day at work i'll just go down there. Nothing else worth watching anyway. To me it's the shortest 3 hour movie ever made! Goes by so quick for me.
Non-Stop - 7.5/10   I think I rated this one before when I saw this in the theater. Second time it wasn't as good. It gets a little ridiculous towards the end and i'm just thinking..."that's it?"   Stalag 17 - 10/10   One of my favorites now. The comedy is definitely a bit different. Up to maybe 4 viewings of this so far. Anyway, it's a WWII POW movie starring William Holden.   Bombs over Burma - ??/10   I think i'm the only one here who would actually watch...
 Yes, definitely. It's weird though because it's hard to compare it to other films i've seen.To me it's actually very original even after having seen a lot of other movies about space travel. Even comparing it to something like "Apollo 13" seems odd. That's one of my favorites too.This movie makes that look bad, but it's really not fair to even compare them. The music in it reminds me of something from Koyaanisquatsi or the Baraka movie. I'll have to go back and watch...
Got back from "Interstellar" viewing #7 last night. You think I should seek help or something? Pretty addicted to the movie. I've found that the best spot on the Imax version is as far back as possible and NOT in the center. This allows you to hear the dialogue better. The dialogue issue for me seems to be fixed, but a lot of it is VERY muffled still.   After all these viewings I can't think of much at all I'd change. To me it seems like a really polished movie, but...
Treasure of the Sierra Madre - 9/10   I've seen this twice now. First time was probably 15 years ago and I forgot most everything about it. Hard to believe it's from 1948!   Oh and I haven't seen Interstellar another time since last week. Four times is good enough for one month! Maybe when I get out of work this week  
 Not sure if you'll still read this but I don't often check here as much as before. Less money these days and I don't want to get tempted. To me the DJ100 and KRK KNS-8400 are probably comparable. I personally prefer the DJ100 by far. If the DJ100 did not exist I'd probably use the KRKs. The major difference to me is that the DJ100 has smoother treble. It's a little more polite and not harsh at all. It's somewhat forgiving for those very bright/harsh Jpop recordings. I...
 It's been so long that I barely remember how many holes I put in them, how large or how many.I'm pretty sure I just put 2 in the top (left and right) and 2 more in the bottom. I posted this somewhere so try to do a search for the old name of the pads. They were previously called "Pearstone" pads. When you put the Auray pads on the DJ100 it will sort of be in an oval shape. I had to poke the holes on the insides of the pad in the black area. I don't really suggest this...