Posts by tdockweiler

Watch Dogs - 9/10   The trailer of it I saw years ago made it look terrible. Read up on it and it sounded interesting enough. Bought it for $22 locally and it's been worth it. I didn't like it at first but then when you figure how everything works it's pretty fun. The interface to me seems unnecessarily confusing. For example I was trying to bring up my main mission in some sort of log or something but couldn't find it (it actually wasn't listed). Turns out it's just a...
Ex-Machina - 6/10   This was a waste of time and kind of a bore. Kept waiting forever for something interesting to happen and not much does. Sort of felt like it had the pacing of "Foxcatcher" but not as interesting. "Foxcatcher" was at least somewhat entertaining.   Ending is disappointing too. Somehow there's actually not really much in here to think about.   There will be a lot of fans of this movie i'm sure. It's one of those that might not deserve a 6 but I just...
Monkey Kingdom - 9.25/10 Forks over knives - 9/10
Furious 7 - 6.5/10 Extremely stupid but somewhat entertaining.
The Raid: Redemption - 5/10   Most interesting thing about this movie is that huge list of Doctors and Paramedics on the end credits.   This has the worst sound mix i've ever heard. Dialogue is mostly inaudible. Everything else is too loud if you actually want to hear the dialogue.   Watched the subtitled version..   Fight scenes are nothing special and just too ridiculous to me.
The Magnificent Seven - 6/10   Wanted to see this because I like all the actors and the director of this also made "The Great Escape" which i've seen 100+ times. Too bad it was incredibly boring. All of it. I hit pause and fell asleep during the movie the first time around.  I remember checking the running time at one point and was surprised it was almost over yet nothing really interesting had happened yet. Somehow movies rarely bore me.   FYI I also disliked "The...
Maze Runner - 6/10   Worth watching..barely. The problem with this movie is that the script was incredibly dumb. Felt as if it was written BY a 15 year old and not just FOR one. All the dialogue was really bad. The way all the characters act is just so weird and doesn't seem normal. Acting wasn't terrible, but not really good.   If I had seen this at the theater i'd have been disappointed. I'm guessing the movie is aimed at teenagers and you could tell.   The idea...
I watched Interstellar on blu-ray last night for the first time. Dialogue was perfectly audible at all times. Zero lines had gone missing. I think the problem is perhaps the theater experience. Maybe it's much worse on a home theater setup? I don't know yet. All I can say is that it's perfect with headphones! The sound never felt closed in or muffled.     The audio/video quality at home was even better than watching it at the theater. The sound was more neutral and way...
 I imagine it is and I do miss my home theater setup though. Had to sell it off when moving into an apartment.I know what you mean about some parts being too loud. The rescue scene in particular. One part there kind of felt a bit obnoxious, at least in Imax.I was reading this website post and all the drowned out dialogue is as intended. Crazy. There is so much that most people won't even hear it. Seriously why even have the robots make jokes if they're inaudible?Some of...
 Same here. FYI to anyone who's interested in Wal-Mart's "Interstellar" Neo-Pack (the most expensive version)..it's much nicer than what the retail display version looks like.It was on sale for $22 from $29. Target has a "Steelbook" version and Bestbuy has a version that has some exclusive bonus features. Wal-Mart version looked best to me and it has a 48 page booklet with it. Oh and the 70mm film piece I got was AWFUL. Just a black blob of something. Seriously is that the...