or Connect

Posts by deadlylover

I have no idea, maybe something pressed into the CPU very very hard like a corner of a box. It could have been the packer as well, it was shipped with those air pillow cushions and maybe they poked the CPU real hard fitting the pillows in. It works just fine...for now. I didn't get much time to overclock it, seemed to do 4.5GHz @ 1.27V no problem. I was surprised to discover that you can buy overclock 'insurance' from Intel for 25-50 bucks depending on the CPU, it's good...
[[SPOILER]]  Aahaahahahah now I've seen it all. Wow Intel support is amazing, I got in touch with them and they gave me the all clear to open up the box and test the CPU, they will accept a warranty return even if there is possible physical damage.
 Can't complain for 12 buckeroos. It won't be aluminium because its oxide is non conductive, it's either tin or nickel, which is standard for 'cheap' contacts in electronics. I still haven't seen any good distortion measurements yet, it does bother me that our results are still largely unconfirmed/uncontested. I kinda need an audio interface to enter the 21st century for audio measurements, but it pains me too much to drop a few hundred dollars on what is $30 worth of ADCs...
 Now go back up your data *properly* and then update to iOS 10 for that sweet sweet scrolling smoothness.  It should scare the hell out of you that your valuable data is only on one device that could stop working at any moment.
 Yuup it's probably a BGA package, there's no probing that.  $9 or so, no biggie. The conformal coating seems impervious to IPA and a quick swipe of a 300C iron, which means it's likely to be Polyurethane, I have a bottle of Acetone somewhere...... On my first picture the bottom of the three gold probe points is the 3V power rail, the other two seem like common, I don't know for sure, I'd have to solder some wires to the points so I can hook up a scope.There's no guarantee...
    Looks like there's a 338S00140 in there, it wasn't used anywhere in other phones so we don't know what it is/does because it's their own part number.   It still works just fine, if I'm really bored I may look for the inputs to see if it is receiving an analog line out from the phone or whether that IC is handling it. At least we know for sure it's not a dumb dongle that just passes the analog out, as confirmed by my previous distortion measurements. It's either...
 That is one sweet sweet SSD. 
 Yup those are the ones. ^^ For Science deadly? No, for me.  Looks like that shield(?) is welded onto the lightning connector body, and is that a laser etched serial number? Well, time for some lunch and then it's dremel time.
 Right you are, but who's counting? =P Ahhh I dream of the day that we can get semi affordable fast upload speeds, the NBN won't swing around to my area for another year or two. (And I still don't know how their NBN over HFC will perform, I'm still salty that we aren't getting FTTP) Mmmmm unlimited cloud storage for $5 per month....sigh...
 I went on aliexpress and there are hundreds and hundreds of options, I think I'll get my feet wet with something simple/cheap first. Totally fine, that's a very good charger to start with, now go buy some made in Japan AmazonBasics batteries if you need any more. =P Yup, 3-2-1 rule, at least 3 copies on at least 2 devices and finally at least 1 off-site. Or else your data simply doesn't exist. For my phones I make regular iTunes backups and use iCloud, which I think it...