Posts by dan.gheorghe

Excellent amplifier. Really hard to beat it at that price. Listened to this amp while it was kicking the ass of considerably more expensive hp amps.    Read my whole review here:    https://headmania.org/2014/07/19/audio-gd-master-9-review/   @citraian is a good friend.  I wholeheartedly recommend the amp and the seller. 
In seems that you haven't heard the right speaker system....Believe me, I had similar opinions a few years back, but after hearing more speakers systems and starting to own a few, I started to change my opinion, once I got to hear good speaker systems.  Now that doesn't mean I don't like headphones any more. I love what headphones bring to the table, and they offer other things when compared to speakers, mainly intimacy and better micro details in general, but the latest...
Exactly! If you have room for speakers you are better off with a good pair of speakers in the price range of >4000$ than a similarly  priced headphone. In my opinion headphones shouldn't be chosen as a last resort, meaning that you shouldn't buy a good headphone only if you don't have space for speakers, but the manufacturers are already forcing some of us to make a choice between speakers and headphones with these huge prices.
 I agree. The prices of the latest flagships are too much and it became somewhat of a trend. I always wanted the headphone industry to evolve, but not like this. Everytime a better product is made, the older one keeps the same price and the latest model is 2x price or something like that. In other tech industries, this would be unacceptable.  Most of the manufacturers have flagships that are in my opinion too expensive. They enter in the speaker world from a price...
Thank you Yugo. Indeed they changed their dac chips. They were made by MSB, now they are made in house. They look promising. That is interesting. I expected Rockna to be more detailed and transparent than Yggy. Did you use yggy directly from usb ? I haven't had the chance to listen to the new models from Rockna yet. My experience is with the older line with MSB dac chips.
Don't own it, but heard it at avstore.ro . 
I've been reading lots of comments from people that are using schiit amps. I will be getting a lot of "love" because of this post, but that's life. Schiit amps have specs that from my perspective aren't good enough to be considered high end. The stereotalk on all their amp line, including their flagship amp is <= 80 db (even 68 for lower range products). That is really poor for 2016. If you have a good dac and good headphones/speakers, you should get something that lets...
I think that Mojo amplifies it decently, meaning that I can get away with mojo and LCD-4 from time to time and have a quality audition. However, you will get more slam, bass depth, dynamic range, soundstage with a more powerful amp. Let's not forget that power isn't the only thing that a good headphone needs. A good amplifier must also keep the signal from the DAC pure for a clean/transparent sound signature. ifi ican pro and agd master 9 are both very clean sounding /...
I didn't bash you. The fact that I don't agree with you isn't bashing. I am just afraid that good companies will make compromises to the sound quality for the mass market, that's all. Also I don't see the headset option as a must have feature, and as I said before, I think it would be very hard not to take away from the sound quality if on the headphone output you also insert a mic input. Again no one has this option. So your added con would be available for every...