Posts by dan.gheorghe

I've grown quite attached to this unit. I think that it is a very good amp/dac combo. While the Dac section was ok and got better with a good usb interface, the amplification section was the part that really made it shine. I've had it for a while now, and for the price, I think that the amplifier is very hard to beat.    Even after I've got the decware taboo mk3, Conductor still had a good place beside it.    However, after I've got the Audio-Gd Master 9, I haven't...
I am using m9 on single ended rca and compared it to soloist. It is totally worth it. The burson is quite behind m9. Look for my m9 review on headmania.org for more details.
 Could you please tell us the full configuration, including power source, case, etc. ? I would need a more powerful computer, a true desktop horse. I don't want to have a separate computer for the music only, at least for now.
450$
I've stumbled upon an excellent network streamer, and a budget one too.      It's called  SOtM sMS-100. I don't think it has a competition at that price. You can call it a lan to usb converter if you wish.    Actually my MSB Analog DAC seemed to have the usb input superior to the usb to spdif interfaces I have tested.   I admit that the SMS-100 isn't the same thing, but it did improve the sound in a noticeable way!   It really improved the sound in a lot of ways...
I had this problem too. Wrote about it right here. This would solve your problem completely, but just for music, as you cannot use it as a normal audio card with movies and every other sound from the operating system. I noticed that my ground loop was from my monitors. 
I've stumbled upon an excellent network streamer, and a budget one too.    a   It's called  SOtM sMS-100. I don't think it has a competition at that price. You can call it a lan to usb converter if you wish.    It really improved the sound in a lot of ways from resolution, transparency to soundstage and imaging. The sound becomes more alive, better contoured and it also adds a very nice natural fluency that makes the sound flow effortless.    It can solve the noisy...
I've stumbled upon an excellent network streamer, and a budget one too.      It's called  SOtM sMS-100. I don't think it has a competition at that price. You can call it a lan to usb converter if you wish.    It really improved the sound in a lot of ways from resolution, transparency to soundstage and imaging. The sound becomes more alive, better contoured and it also adds a very nice natural fluency that makes the sound flow effortless.    It can solve the noisy...
Thank you, Acapella.  When I first heard HD800, it was from a setup that wasn't capable of doing justice to HD800. In time, with better gear and experience, I came to the conclusion that right now, technically, they are the best dynamic headphones on the market. Never, heard any Acapella speakers, hope I get the chance to hear some :)
Indeed, there is much more to a DAC than just the chip. However, I still personally think that even if everything around it is great, a mainstream DAC chip is still restraining the quality. The best DACS I have heard had custom chips inside, and they were quite on a different level of performance from the ones with off shelf chips.  I tend to agree. I personally, wouldn't spend a lot of money on a DAC that uses normal chips. However, this is my experience, and I am sure...