or Connect

Posts by dan.gheorghe

The speakers/headphones are the most noticeable improvements in the system. However, it is staggering how much the sound can scale with a good dac/amp, considering you already have a very capable speaker / headphone. I have heard extremely good speakers and headphones on mediocre / badly matched systems and I wasn't impressed at all. There were some  occasions when hearing the same speakers/headphones on a better matched or just better sound system made my jaw drop on the...
I've recently moved to a new apartment and since I've moved, I had some problems enjoying LCD-4 with M9 and my speakers with master 10 to the same level as in my old apartment. After a few months, I realised it was a problem of power distribution in the audio system.   Master 9 is an incredibly clean sounding amplifier, but only if you give it good power. It seems it is quite dependent on this. This also applies with Master 10.    After fixing the problem, the sound...
I've recently moved to a new apartment and since I've moved, I had some problems enjoying LCD-4 to the same level as in my old apartment. After a few months, I realised it was a problem of power distribution in the audio system.   Master 9 is an incredibly clean sounding amplifier, but only if you give it good power. It seems it is quite dependent on this.   Now I simply cannot take them off. Damn it. The transparency and realism these capable are capable of are just...
 Wa5 might be ok, but I wasn't a very big fan with it and LCD-3 for example. Can't say it is a very fast amplifier, but it might sound decent with lcd-4. However I don't think it would be the ultimate match.I assumed it would be WA5.
Exactly. Moon is not a very good option with LCD-4 in my opinion. The moon amp is not great when it comes to energy/visceral impact/tactility.  From what I read it wouldn't be a good match with Ragnarok either. It needs something fast and full of energy. I would love to hear it with GSX some day. M9 does a good job, but I think LCD-4 could do better in the energy department than with m9. Master 9 is awesome when it comes to transparency, though. 
MSB Diamond DAC IV? DAC 3?From what I've read, DAC IV was a big improvement over 3 and it seems that it is a similar case from 4 to 5.
Insane setup there! :D
People perceive the differences differently . What is for some a small upgrade might be interpreted big by others, especially when the upgrade is spot on his preferences in the sound.
While it was ok with LCD-3, it didn't quite manage to get it to sound lively enough for me. And lcd-4 needs more power.
No, I was not referring to geek out. Haven't heard it. Can't tell my opinion on it. I was referring to this "Just because people say something, doesn't mean its true. " And while that is true to some extent, not everything is bullocks...