or Connect

Posts by dan.gheorghe

Overdue, but here is my review of iCan Pro: https://headmania.org/2016/09/27/ifi-pro-ican-headphone-amplifier-review/
Thank you for the kind words. I am actually not trying to sell anything. Just writing my impressions and sharing my findings with my fellow audiophiles, music lovers,  etc. HeadMania is my hobby, not my job :D
 I consider Mojo to be the best dac irregardless of the size, until more than 10x its price.  At least in my experience. I have tested it with portable headphones, normal headphones, power hungry headphones and even in my speaker system. More details in my review.
It's sad that you didn't hear the differences what can I say... This is also great news for you. You can save some good money with this hobby :P The bass is just fine, especially if the amp/headphones/speakers can actually do bass. It's more on the neutral side even if let's say a liiiitle bit warm. But I didn't find it lacking in this area, no.
Personally, from memory I consider Mojo to be better than Yggy from a technical perspective. It has a clearer sound, better treble detail and it sounds more dynamic. On the other hand yggy sounds more analogical and smoother overall. I am quite skeptical than bimby can beat mojo, at least from a technical perspective, if you take out the personal preferences regarding the sound signature.
And here is my review of Mojo. I consider Mojo to be the best deal in the audio market in portable and even dac sections today.
That xindak seems to have the same specs as the bigger one I have owned, the xindak A600E 09 version. I have tested a600e vs Master 10 and Master 10 was cleaner, more detailed and had better dynamic range. Xindak also had some nice features like soundstage, impact, viscerality.  https://headmania.org/2015/08/17/xindak-a600e-09-version-integrated-speaker-amplifier-review/ I have tested LCD-4 from Master 10 directly. Well...Master 9 was superior in the details and clarity...
I have tested Mojo as a standalone DAC in my speaker / headphone system and it sounds amazing. I am curious if anybody tested it against Schiit Yggdrasil. It's been a while since I've heard Yggy, but from what I remember I think Mojo could overall be better with stronger dynamics and dynamic range, better textures, details and less grain/cleaner sound.   
I have received an answer from iFi:
I was wondering why the big difference between the SNR published above and the one on ifi-audio's website?  Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR, Balanced/Single-Ended): >147dB(A) / > 137dB(A)  I mean the difference between 117 and 137/147 is incredibly huge. I am not if I know another amplifier to have such specs at the moment. This is why I am asking.