or Connect

Posts by Danneq

It is funny how DAP design has come full circle. I'm in to what you by now can call vintage MP3 players, such as iRiver H120/140, Creatize Zen Touch or Cowon X5. These over 10 year old MP3 players are not much different look wise to modern Chinese "audiophile" bricks. Often the old MP3 players sound quite good. Especially in the case of iRiver H120/140 or H320/340 which has also got a built in line out connection and can be rockboxed.
Tomahawk might be less musical and cohesive than other earbuds, but I would say that instrument separation and instrument "body" is top notch. Right up there with the TOTL earbuds. Not too far from my vintage Aiwa HP D9 or Sony MDR-E252/282. Or Blox TM7 or VE Zen1 or 2. But when I listen to them my focus is more on instruments while more earbuds with a more cohesive sound I just flow with the music while also enjoying excellent detail and instrument placement and...
Asura 2 or Yuin PK2.
The shells of Yuin's line of earbuds are the most comfortable in my opinion. You can find PK3 for $35-40 with shipping included. But at least to my ears Monk beat PK3. Pk2 barely beats Monk, but these cost from around $50 and can usually be found for around $55 with shipping included. Overall I think that Yuin's line of earbuds is overpriced. When they were released close to 10 years ago they helped breathe some new life in the by then dead earbud market. People gladly...
Kenwood HD30GB9 or HD60GD9(EC). Oldies that have a very analoge sound signature. Two things go against them: 1. they are discontinued and can almost only be found in Japan and 2. they can hiss very much with high sensitivity IEMs. 1 can be solved if you buy a second hand one through buyee.jp or some other similar site that lets people not living in Japan bid on Yahoo auction and buy from other sites that only sell to residents of Japan. In exchange of a small fee, of...
And that's terrible since TM7 are the best earbuds I've heard.With more financial resources, Blox could become big. Perhaps not like Yuin but at least like VE (but without a $5 super earbud...)
Shouldn't you be able to find those things on Ebay?
Don't think so. They were released around 1982-1983. The first high end earbuds. I got my pair for $250 on Ebay about 3-4 years ago...Awarning to everyone: try to stay away from vintage earbud collecting. If you think your wallet hurts now you have no idea of how it will feel after you've collected a few oldies...
  [[SPOILER]]  I haven't taken the time to work out a new top 5. Want to work out a top 10. However, my top 3 still stands (Blox TM7, Sony MDR-E252, Sennheiser MX980) and I think that VE Zen 1 makes it to number 4. Just have to figure out where to put Shozy Cygnus, Ting, Yuin PK1 etc etc. Plus the ones I haven't bought yet, such as Ostry KC08...About Ting vs Tomahawk I would probably rank Ting as a slight upgrade. The overall presentation is quite different though.
I am both an earbud nut and a vintage MP3 player nut...