or Connect

Posts by Danneq

golov17 - I have noticed that cheap Chinese earbuds are not too far from expensive brand earbuds. I used to collect vintage Sony and Aiwa earbuds. These 20-30 year old earbuds are still amazing! But why pay $300 for something when I can get a pair of earbuds that sound almost as good for $30? Well, when collecting vintage equipment you are mostly paying for the exclusivity of owning something that has not been sold for many many years... If I were sure to find something...
Well, I can only roughly rank the earbuds since my preferences might change and different earbuds will have different synergy with different sources.My number 1 and 2 earbuds are pretty much constant, and it will take a lot for an earbud to make it into my top 5.Please note that many of my earbuds are discontinued...1. Blox TM7 (balance, detail and just about anything I could want from an earbud)2. Sennheiser MX980 (Very close to Blox TM7 in sound except for bass not being...
I've got the Baldoor Earbell E100, which is the same as Mrice E100. I would not consider them dark. I've also got the AKG K319 in my somewhat too big collection, and the K319 are a bit brighter than the E100. Bass is better overall on the E100. To me, the K319 lack depth in the soundstage and instrument separation is so so. E100 has got a better depth than the K319 and better instrument separation. So overall, I prefer the E100 to the K319. But I like the sort of dry sound...
Strange... As far as I remember my Blox M2C, my Yuin PK2 beat them, which is why I sold them. I think that my BE3 slightly edge out the PK2. Well, perhaps my tastes have changed a bit. It was over 2 years since I sold the M2C...
It can  be difficult to get a good fit with the E100. The BE3 has got that old generic Sennheiser MX400/500 housing that works for most people while the E100 doesn't have a stem that helps stabilize them in your ears. I agree with your overall impression of BE3 as a fun sounding earbud while the E100 is more cold, but to me the E100 is more clear than the BE3. It has also got a deeper and more well definied soundstage. I've seen that some people wear the E100 in other...
Dasetn MC5 are also good if you want a lot of bass. They are a bit like the Beats headphones - bass, bass and a little bit more of bass. Not the best quality of bass but a lot of quantity. They are still pretty good and balanced, but in my opinion sometimes bass can be a bit overpowering. Here's goldenSHK's opinion on the MC5 (with BloodyPenguin also offering his view):...
Well, I think you might be very pleased with the M760and perhaps also with the Edifiers. A few years ago there were hardly and good new earbud models to be found except for Yuin, and now there's a whole bunch of Chinese makers and DIY sellers (such as Dasetn).  
I'd recommend Blox BE3. Same housing as MX500 and soundwise it's a definite improvement. You can get the BE3 for $37 from here: http://bloxearphone.com/purchase.htm   I've got Dasetn M760 and think it's pretty good. However, there are other cheap Chinese earbuds that I like better, such as Blox BE3 and Baldoor Earbell E100. Still I think that M760 will also be an improvement compared to MX500. Haven't heard Edifier 180 so I can't comment on that one...
To me, the bass of the MX980 is "heavier" and more deep than the E100. However, the bass of the E100 is more detailed.I can see what you mean about the subjectiveness of audio. Half of the time when I buy something that others recommend, I end up not liking it and selling it.Cheap Chinese earbuds are also great for me. I used to be able to spend more on audio than these days when I have a family to support...
Long time since I posted here, but I have to comment on the Earbell E100. I own earbuds such as Sennheiser MX980 and Blox TM7 together with vintage earbuds such as Sony MDR E484 and Aiwa HP-D9. Overall, I would put the Sennheisers and Blox at the top of my list. They are very similar and don't really lack anything. Fully textured bass, highs that are detailed without being piercing, wide and deep soundstage with a 3D feel... The Sony E484 have got the best bass I've ever...