Posts by LTTan

almost all music is made for speaker reproduction. It is mostly recorded with multiple mics and  mixed by a sound engineer by monitoring on Near field monitors. No way i can get that recording sounding the same on headphones.  I did try to make some Binaural recordings... like : www.lttan.com/Audio/Binaural/DR0000_0012.mp3 and www.lttan.com/Audio/Binaural/DR0000_0014.mp3 The pulsating noise is caused by poor recording level setting.... sorry about that but was my first...
I have not read a lot of constructive advice on the Beats by Dr Dre headphones. Yes, they are expensive but that is what you have to pay to get the original beats. Just like certain brand clothes. You pay a lot just for looks. You get positive acknowledgement from those who wear similar or those who want to wear similar. This is a world that went crazy. Nature gave bright flamboyant colors to the bird of paradise but the human is as bland as it can be. So we probably...
Digital signal from the Docking Connector. I read somewhere in the thread that the Cypher Labs AlgoRythm Solo does not work with the current version of RockBox.
I have read the last 10 pages of replies and i understand that the Digital out is not working (Yet?)  The combination of RockBox and a Digital out would be heaven.
 I have the HD 25 1 II now for six months and i really enjoy them. I did some small mods to it but nothing drastically. First the cable contact noise really annoyed me so i  reversed the earcups and swiched to the standard HD600 cable. This reduced the contact noice by at least half. (some may call it microphonics but i mean mechanical contact noise transferred via the cable to the earcup) The sound quality is decent via Clip or Android Device but sound twice as good...
I was looking for a cheap quality setup for at the office. I am working on a engineering project floor as programmer and it is really noisy so I  use my Sennheiser HD25 II to block out the chatter around me. Or when It is not so noisy I use the Sennheiser MX980 earbuds First I used my Sansa clip+ and RSA Hornet but the amount of music was limited and no practical interface for selecting/sorting music and it is not allowed to install personal software on the Office...
TMHO Apple has crappy DAC built in their ipods, ipads, ithings so having a late gen i-product, it is easy to get better quality sound when routing through an external DAC.