or Connect

Posts by FlySweep

I picked up my V5 this morning, fellas. As had always been my experience, Neco's customer service was nothing short of perfect. The guy is polite, accommodating, prompt, and humble. My current rig is: Geek Out v2+ Infinity (2 Volt output, TCM & FRM filters)-- Neco V5 (high gain) -- Sennheiser HD 650 (modded). I've been running the V5 for only 30 minutes, so consider this as my very very very early impressions.. In my limited time with it so far, the V5 sounds quite...
In a nutshell, the Leck was more transparent and better resolving than the QS. The QS excelled in dynamics, soundstage, and sounded a touch warmer. I like the Leck for IEMs and moderately efficient dynamics. The QS was well suited for planars and high z dynamics.. But the very fine volume control (and low gain) made it a great match for IEMs, too.
I'm in between rigs, atm.. but recently found my (custom) AS-1Plus while digging through some boxes after a recent move.  I was immediately reminded of just how well tuned this phone is and why it remains one of my favorite IEMs.  I've owned many customs (mostly TOTL ones from various manuf.) over the years and had settled on the UERM (custom) & Empire Ears Apollo-X (custom) as my custom references for the last few years.  A slightly-modded Sennheiser HD 650 is my full...
V5 ordered, fellas.        Been awhile since I've wanted (or needed) a solid state amp.. especially a portable one.  The Leckerton UHA-6S MKII (ADA4627B opamps), Meier Audio QuickStep, and the Neco V4 (ADA4627B opamps) were my faves.. and since owning those, little (if anything), has interested me (they're that good).  The last (dedicated) ss amp I had was a Cavalli Liquid Carbon (from the original run).  It was a really nice amp (when run in balanced mode) but, to my...
  [[SPOILER]]
SOLD.
In mint condition.  I purchased this new from MA for balanced use with my Geek Out V2+ Infinity.   - 48" - Standard 2-pin / 0.78mm connectors - Recessed socket-compatible with the majority of cIEMs (i.e. 64Audio, UE, EmpireEars, TheCustomArt, Hidition, etc.). - Straight 3.5mm TRRS plug (compatible with HFM-901 DAP, Geek Out V2 dac+amp).   TERMS OF SALE   - Paypal payment only.  Buyer is responsible for all fees if payment isn't sent as a personal/gift transfer. -...
SOLD.
SOLD.
I received this cable some time after I had moved on from the DAC/LPS combo (LHLabs LPS & Pulse X Infinity) I had originally intended to use it with.. so I have little use for it now.  This cable can, of course, be used with ANY DAC/LPS combo that has the appropriate USB connections.  Here's LHLabs' page on the 2G cable.  It's very highly regarded not only for its sound, but for its build and quality as well.  Retails for $279.  Specs of the cable:   - Black / 2...