Posts by FlySweep

I've got the Slants, HE-560, and GO1000 (I've had all three for some time now).. I'll have thoughts and some quick comparisons later.. the GO1000 drives the Slants & HE-560 quite well.  For a couple of months (until my CTH was built.. and my H10 arrived), the GO1000 was the only DAC/amp I had for the 560/Slants.. and I was more than satisfied with the combo.  Aside from sheer volume (the GO1000 has no problem getting both phones to ear splitting levels), the GO1000 offers...
 Yep.. I found the demo to have a slightly goosed up midbass (nothing egregious.. pretty well done, actually).. and a little more bite/sibilance in the upper mids/lower treble. IME, a custom fit UERM has a noticeably flatter freq. response.
 FINALLY. Mike.. you've come to the dark side (tubes).
 Nice!  If it's around the Oly area, I'll certainly aim to make it.. thanks!
 It absolutely does.  Gain switches are on the back (-12, -6, +6, +12).. so it's got the versatility to drive everything from my highly sensitive cIEM (UERM) to the 560 with ease.  Here's the eBay page from where I purchased it.  I had an extremely smooth transaction and the seller was excellent to deal with.  I've had the amp for a couple of weeks and couldn't be happier with it.  In my time in this hobby, I've owned and listened to enough SS amps to get a good idea of...
The Paradox Slants (and original Paradox) are phenomenal phones.  I had a chance to audition the Slants last fall and their wonderful sound never left my mind.. until I finally purchased a pair (from Luis) about a month ago.  They're very much the closed headphone I had always been searching for.  Neutral, wonderfully dynamic, spacious, and dripping with detail.  I sent my Paradox (original) on a tour quite some time back because of how much I enjoyed them and wanted...
My solid state amp & tube/hybrid amp for the HE-560:   Gustard H10:     Cavalli CTH:     The HE-560 sounds absolutely effortless off these amps. Smooth, wonderfully detailed, open, and dynamic.  Haven't said much cause I'm too busy enjoying the sound.  I highly recommend both these amps for the HE-560.
Me too.. I'm surprised by the lack of impressions.  If I didn't have a custom CTH coming, a Valhalla 2/HD650/HD800 combo would be at the top of my list.
I've found a way to safely toggle the Awesomefier if you're using the GO's analog volume control (if you're using the digital volume control, it's not an issue).  For those unaware, here's some background of the problem:   When a user disconnects/connects the GO to their computer, the digital volume control (the slider on the left side of the LH Control Panel.. which is linked to the physical buttons on the GO) sets itself to MAX volume regardless of the level before the...