Posts by FlySweep

Signature-wise, the 1Plus' is more laid back (the -R being (relatively more forward and dynamic).. brighter.. but both phones fall squarely within the realm of what I'd consider neutral.. the 1Plus sounds more organic (I'll attribute that to the timbral qualities of the dynamic driver employed).. the -R is more resolving, boasts a slightly deeper stage.  The 1Plus' resolving ability is nothing to sneeze at though.. it's damn impressive.. and, to my ears, the newer...
 I've owned a custom JH13 FP.. currently own a UERM custom.. and owned both a custom H8 & H8P.. the H8/P's soundstage is, without a doubt, larger than the JH13 FP & UERM (IME).  IMO, the H8/P has one of the best soundstages I've ever heard in a cIEM.. absolutely jaw dropping, really.. Piotr really did something special b/c there's an ethereal quality to the way spatial sound appear and disappear in an almost 'mirage' like fashion..I certainly miss that (guess I'll have to...
 Congrats.. the crazy thing is.. with that kind of stupid fast turnaround, one would think the build quality or attention to detail might suffer.. uh.. nope.. the Legend-R is the most impressively built custom, inside and out, that I've owned.  I'm amazed by this fact every time I marvel at my -R.  Phenomenal job by Jack & Co.
 I liked the AS-1Plus more.. ROCKETS were excellent.. but felt a little too 'consumer' oriented (in terms of sound/presentation) for me (don't ask me to explain that.. LOL).. AS-1Plus feels like a stage monitor take on the ROCKETS.. the AS-1Plus possesses better freq. bandwidth, instrument separation, layering, and resolving ability.
 That's great to hear.. When I got my Legend-R, I mentioned to Jack that the only issue i had with it (it's a wonderful cable in terms of ergonomics, looks, etc.) was that the L-plug was a little too wide at the base of the TRS connection..I have a CaseMate slim case for my Galaxy S4 and the L-plug can't insert all the way due to the case's opening (around the 3.5mm socket) not being wide enough to accommodate the L-plug.
 Yes, the HD800 is more technically capable, but it's also picker of upstream compnents.  I actually think the HE-560 is more of a compliment to the HD800 than an outright replacement.  The 560 feels like a blend of the 600, 650, and 800 in terms of signature (quite lovely, really).. technically, it's above the 600 & 650.. but shy of the 800.. I think the 560 is more versatile than the HD800 in terms of genre compatibility.  The Cavalli CTH I have (customized/upgraded)...
Pics added.
 Great idea.. only change I'd make is to leave the word "appreciation" out of the (potential) new thread title.  In the interest of effectively informing and educating potential buyers, many "appreciation" can become less than ideal because, at times, negative impressions (even if they're valid and/or appropriately justified) can be discouraged due to the 'appreciation' connotation.  I'm not saying that's how it always is.. but in my time at HF, that's the way many...
 I don't know how many H10 owners here have owned (or heard) the V200 (besides me).. so I'll just speak to my experience. I had the V200 quite some time ago.. so my memory about its particulars are a little hazy.  Looking back at my notes on it (and comparing it to the H10).. the H10 possesses a larger soundstage, better bandwidth, better tonal purity, and better clarity/instrument separation than the V200.  At the very least, it's every bit as good as the V200 (IME).. so...
 Congrats.. I think you'll enjoy it very much.