or Connect

Posts by iDesign

Thank you for the detailed response. I am also going to revisit JRiver and Amarra on the Macintosh to round out the evaluation I am doing. However, because of all of the different configurations/settings involved it is difficult and painstaking to do. I have spent enough time with HQPlayer and exchanging emails with a few experts on the subject to draw some conclusions. With Roon+HQPlayer using the Filter (poly-sync), Dither (TPDF) and Modulator (ASDM) options have...
The Moon 430HAD is $4300 while the Burson Conductor V2+ is $1499 so I'm not sure they can or should be compared in the same light.  I am probably one of the few Head-Fi members that has deep experience with both amplifiers and the farthest I will go with comparing them is to say; they both are good, but not the best, options for fully integrated 3-in-1 solutions in their respective price ranges. 
Can you share a screenshot of your HQPlayer settings? I am finally doing another comparison with Roon, Audirvana, Roon+HQPlayer, and Roon+HQPlayer+microRendu. Thus far I'm still finding Audirvana+ with DMG EQuilibrium is best on a Macintosh with the DAVE. 
I wanted to revisit the discussion about ROON, HQPlayer, and DAVE. Can anyone share screenshots of their Roon + HQPlayer settings? For Audirvanna+ I assume everyone is using the "DSD over PCM standard 1.0" and "Integer Mode 1" settings? 
 Sennheiser has been hard at work releasing everything except the HDVD800 successor. http://en-de.sennheiser.com/gaming-amplifiers-accessories?v4r http://en-de.sennheiser.com/ifa-2016
Interesting. Between the Hugo, Hugo TT, and Mojo, which product is most similar to DAVE? I have my own thoughts but it would be interesting to have others weigh in as well. 
The Focal Utopia is not a fair comparison to the Sennheiser HD 800 S because the Focal headphone is over 135% more expensive. To compare them simply on the basis of being flagship consumer headphones is problematic because it fails consider constraints imposed by each company for their specific sales and design goals. At $1699 the HD 800 S represents an excellent value and for that reason it should have remained on the InnerFidelity Wall of Fame.    I also feel that...
430HADs have been listed for $3600 but did not sell quickly at that price point. The 430HA retails for $800 less so a selling price around $2800 seems realistic. 
Yes, the improvement over CoreAudio is profound. Damien Plisson has been great and very responsive in helping me configure Audirvana as the hub for my audio library which has tens of thousands of albums that were initially encoded several years ago using ALAC (I have one of the largest private collections of rare and out of print classical music in the US). Roon is a fine choice as well but it does not support AudioUnit plugins for an EQ and its options to access music...
Audirvanna and Roon will provide improved sound quality. I much prefer Audirvanna for a number of reasons on a Macintosh (specifically its Audio Unit, AFP, iTunes support etc. etc.)