Posts by whitedragem

Problem with 'blind test' and 'consistently' is to do more so with the equipment and listening environment.     I am into audio and have the good fortune to have a system which reveals the differences. It would be in the top 1-2% of stereos around the globe. When friends who previously were adamant that the difference was nil, listen to said files on this system, they nearly drop their jaw in the first few seconds. It is night and day obvious. Certain genres have...
Dood (Bigshot) you missed pressing the little button marked PM. Bigshot; if you PM me, it frees up the timeframe in terms of when I can reply. By having the freedom to wait till my little one is asleep, or possibly at school, and giving myself the time to fire up a laptop with an actual keyboard (otherwise my posts are done from a little winphone, which has a poor web browser experience for this site, no store applet to make browsing/viewing this site easier, and a really...
Aural cues is what it is all about. They are what allow a two channel setup to simulate surround audio, I believe we are now going a little of topic to the realm of head related transfer functions, HRTFs.     I used to love my A3D 2.0 soundcard (PC) for what it did to headphone sound. It was based on technology built for the US airforce so they could simulate the sounds of helicopters in a real world environment. The echos of their sound along a valley, and to occlude...
Bigshot, I gather the article you wish to read is not what you found, and I take responsibility in terms of not labelling it correctly or aiming it for the average American IQ.   remember I am, only human, and given I have a young daughter to raise, and limited time to put into these things, I would be happy to rewrite the article as you feel it needs be done, but encourage you to throw me a few dollars for the exhaustive time that it will require,..,if however I am not...
preemptively   -I realize perhaps I should have written a different title, and possibly placed on the 'newbies/welcome to headfi forum' and the critical breakdown would be some,much the less demanded by certain forum goers.   I went 'sound science' because I felt the science of bigger drivers reacting with the whole ear allowing the mind to interpret a soundfield' was, proven (with regards to this song), to be of importance, but so too was the effects of different...
That is correct, Bigshot, I DIDN'T write those things, as reviewing amps was not the intention or direction I had set out in.     I feel we might be missing the forrest for the trees, so to speak, by going down this line of thinking.   sure the home theatre amps' headphone output, volume matched was 'missing power' in a way that lower rated amps make a sound trebly at high volume, but given the low listening level involved, it wasn't a case of it being out of its...
Bigshot the metthod you put forward was adhered to, the only part I concur that was not is the speed of switching (not every few seconds, though for brief parts of the test I did), as stated I used pencil and paper to keep track of a few areas as I went along, and afterwards, being award of volume levels I did double check using an SPL, (and sealing aside, two peaks of the music were at the same level (c weighting, slow, set for 60db level range, then 70 \db level range to...
That Beats Audio stuff, say, on a windows laptop is the worst. (the software stuff that is what we get nowadays- there was an initial hardware implementation, but that was the first gen products) From what I have seen when trying to disable it, they have mucked with the software bass and treble controls in multiple places throughout the system,.. some turning them fully up, others turning them fully down,.. so that if you 'turn off the beats audio' the sound will be...
Umm not so sure... For starters I don't like to EQ. I go for flat line stuff and try to keep my playback chain as pure as possible.(there was a time I wouldn't even consider buying an amp unless it had defeat and pure switches/buttons) Having another S-master product, I was quick to realise that the DSEE was part of the chip, and it, unlke every other digital EQ I'd played with (outside of special high fi boxes) was kinda perfect. In fact the european markets version of...
G'day,.. I wanted to contribute something to my favorite audio website on the internet (and that is really saying something, cause I put audio at the top of my hobbying). So I took a look at some differing headphones/in ears in a quick playback to confirm how altering amplifiers would alter the sound, and if the different type of headphone would alter the sound more. I was hoping to draw a quick, not conclusive take, on whether money performs better by being invested...