Posts by ahilal

I'm gonna have to come to a meetup to hear these for myself!
I liked Inception fine but wasn't as impressed as others. I had two problems with it. 1) The "architect" thing didn't make any sense, and I didn't find Ellen Page credible in the role. The architect is some kind of supergenius artiste who "creates the world" for everyone but it never crystallized for me how that works, what effort is required, why it's necessary. It seemed an expendable puff piece of the movie. And I just couldn't see Ellen Page as a technical virtuoso or...
I always offer USPS Priority Mail as the only option. I tell people in my listing what the flat rate will be within the US, and that international shipping will have to be arranged by mutual agreement. I usually just guess at what the weight will be and check the USPS website for postage within the US. But recently my wife bought a small kitchen scale so now I can get exact postage up front. After that it's dead easy. If you have your PayPal and Ebay hooked up, just look...
Great guide! I need new IEMs. Will be checking out those MC5s
Krmathis, My name's Andy and I'm the product manager for the Huddler platform. I work with our engineers to design and execute the development of features and functionality. This means that when something doesn't work right, you can pretty much blame me :\   I just wanted to thank you for posting such a clear list of your issues. It's really helpful for me to understand what's been bugging you, and I know that even minor annoyances can add up over time to a...
So it turns out my coworker heard me talking about wanting an amp and built me one! Always cool to have a unique DIY job, and he said I should just take him out to lunch in return. Nice resolution!  
Ouch - all those masonry facades just got shrugged right off. Can you imagine if you were walking in or out of one of those doorways when all those bricks hit the pavement?   I'm writing from San Francisco, where there are a lot of old buildings with similar facades. They're all reinforced / bolted on though, according to local law.     Glad you are ok. Hope regulations there catch up with reality soon.
Look into Thailand. Close friends of mine have been teaching there for years. They started out where you are: basic language instruction, but are now full time teachers in a private school that has made English a chosen first language. They say that teachers are basically professional class there, very looked up to and paid a decent wage. Living costs are very low. People are nice, especially the kids they teach. 
I had the same thought, and I guess it's true that we can't make any assumptions about what form life could take elsewhere. Even on Earth there are some lifeforms that thrive in extreme circumstances. Bacteria that can live at the mouth of undersea geothermal vents, cockroaches that breed in steelmills, who knows what else that we haven't even discovered yet.    But we do know a few things about Earth's circumstances that seem to be very conducive to life: namely the...