Posts by yliu

I see... :( I was considering the MDR-10R as it had replaceable cables. (I always damage my headphone cables)
The MDR-10R has proprietary cables? I thought they use 3.5mm jack at both ends.
I heard that the P5 was mainly designed for portable music players, meaning that they sound in iPods but cant get the full potential of an amp. Hopefully the P7 will be a true 'hi-fi' headphone.
Still cheaper than AKG K3003    Good to see that Shure is innovating new technologies
Yeah... I remember when companies were racing to cram the most BA drivers into an earpiece.
From the advertisement, it is obvious that Yamaha was copying Dr.Dre, which is quite sad.   Yamaha's reputation will probably take a hit after this (at least for me) .
I own an X10 for about 4 years now, and they still are one of my favorite! As others have mentioned it, the X10 should be a significant upgrade from cheap earphones, so you might be doing something wrong...   Have you tried using other sources to drive the X10? like a comptuer, friend's iPod ... and see wether it sound the same.
Interesting how Sennheiser choses to stay with dynamic drivers.
I'm really interested as well, seems like apple is putting some effort into improving the audio quality of their earbuds.
Sennheiser HD25. I've owned one for many months and I love it. It has a balanced sound, but with some more highs, which I think is good for metal too.   It can be drived with an iPod or a computer, but an amp will get more out of them.