Posts by frenchbat

Not all headphones will be affected the same way, that's true. And even among the ones affected, the effect may vary. Besides, thinking that a higher impedance is going to automagically correct the flaws of an earphone, like I've seen around, is just crapshoot. The FR isn't the only thing affected, crosstalk and distortion will most likely suffer. It's possible that's the reason the DX100 was sounding cleaner, to you and me, with a better soundstage
About the volume control, apparently there are 150 steps. You and me both were around what ? 50-60 maybe ? So if I'm not mistaken we should have been using about 1/3 of the volume range (assuming it's linear). So potentially yes, they can drive 300 ohms cans.But the funniest here is the backpedaling. It was explicitly marketed to IEM users, and even said that high impedance is better because it sounds better in one of the marketing docs. Actually I'm not even sure there's...
Actually, I agree with this. But I don't know if that can be possible without remaking the whole amp section.
Not a typo I used T15 to try, and my regular player is a Teclast T51. I was kind of intending to go and try with my T1 Live CIEMs, but I preferred to spend some time with the HM901 and the mad dog of Mr.Speakers. Plus the iRiver booth was crowded the whole time.
Agreed. Out of the 2, the HM-901 is the one I'd like to try again in a proper environment. Now if only it wasn't so expensive ...
Wow, just looked at it. The "no load" measurement was already worrying me in the official introduction page. But seriously -120dB of cross-talk ?!? No way !   Here is the original page in korean, with the RMAA measurements : http://www.cdpkorea.com/zboard4/zboard.php?id=cool_review&no=297   No load / 16 ohms / 300 ohms results :   The FR curve should be ruler flat with a 16 ohms dummy load. It's already slightly emphasized in the bass. Cross-talk is 40db higher than the...
Hi guys,   I'll first give AnakChan's first impression of the player. He told me he didn't see much difference between the DX100 and the AK100, but that the DX100 has a more 3D like presentation.   As far as I'm concerned, when I tried it yesterday, I wasn't really impressed with what I've heard. Some things are done well, but some others are lacking. With my T15, the bass and mid were not very clean and bass was slightly emphasized. And I couldn't shake a funny...
Typical impedance curve for an IEM with cross-over. I doubt the units from Westone or UE can do much better.
If you'd been reading my posts before, you'd have seen that I was referring to the impedance curve being the variable with the FR. Besides, I'm not the expert, it's most likely Qusp in this case.   Now if you want to troll, go ahead, don't let me stop you. And I don't think we've ever suggested that you had tin ears or anything else personal. So I'd rather you did not go there.
According to this graph :     The mids go up to 60 ohms, so you'd get a impedance ration of 3/1, therefore the mids are probably not the most impacted. On the contrary, the bass up to 500 hz would most likely get a boost dip, and treble would get a boost, but it's a bit more complicated. Maybe that makes it some kind of U shape FR.   I'll ask Anakchan when I see him. Unless he chimes in earlier.