Posts by frenchbat

To be completely fair, the analog stage of the Theta Gen V is always on. The front is only for the digital stage. Hence it's always on, as plenty of other units from different manufacturers. What people think is an on/off switch is actually a mute switch in a lot of cases.
Thanks for the update Alex. I'm eagerly waiting for Rag to become available at Schiit-europe.
All good then.
Too bad your hd800 is still away :D , but stax ain't so bad either
I'm using my benchmark as the amp. I can see faces cringing already, but no the benchmark isn't that bad. Especially the HDR with the LM4562, which I have. Anyway, I have a Rag incoming this month, whenever it's back in stock this side of the pond. That said, I'm expecting a fairly large increase, coming from Theta rca single-ended on the DAC1 to xlr balanced on the Rag.
gotcha. Curious to hear it, but the more time passes, the better my Theta deal sounds.
I'm not really interested, just curious. I've seen it's discontinued and it's only until the end of the stock. How much did you pay yours ?
Just curious, how much is the A1 going for now ?
Xmas family meeting, I see. Well then there will likely be a next time then. Xmas is my busiest work period (seasonality of my business), but we can try something out. I'm on the coastline (Saint Malo)
Given that he only started his company, I guess he's careful with his stock. Next time, give me a heads up. Assuming there's another time :)